@mwichary I just checked, and I did indeed have "All Experimental Features" turned on.
brundaged@mastodon.social
@brundaged@mastodon.social
Indlæg
-
If I play a YouTube video for ~3 seconds and leave, it becomes marked as completely watched, with the red line extending all the way under the thumbnail. -
If I play a YouTube video for ~3 seconds and leave, it becomes marked as completely watched, with the red line extending all the way under the thumbnail.@mwichary I probably turned on "experimental features" or such years ago and forgot about it.
-
If I play a YouTube video for ~3 seconds and leave, it becomes marked as completely watched, with the red line extending all the way under the thumbnail.@mwichary I have seen this behavior. Other sins: It sometimes plays videos I didn't click on. It sometimes plays random shorts on startup. It will also randomly ignore clicks or taps to turn off or back out of a video during the first few seconds of playback. I have always assumed they are gaming the UX to goose their view stats to get more revenue.