Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
H

haexeizywo@exquisite.social

@haexeizywo@exquisite.social
About
Indlæg
1
Emner
0
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • New rule at BSD Cafe: Do not promote AI
    H haexeizywo@exquisite.social

    @s1m0n4 Hey, I hope you don't mind me jumping in! I found the FreeBSD Handbook super helpful! Pretty much as soon as you hit the Boot Loader section (https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/bsdinstall/#bsdinstall-view-probe) it becomes a step-by-step install guide with some of the most in-depth and well-worded explanations of just about everything you'd encounter. (In my opinion!) Encrypting your disks using GELI is a simple "NO"->"YES" toggle, which is something I've been struggling with on NetBSD. (And a couple of Linux distros, although I feel far more comfortable with LUKS.)
    It's pretty straightforward to get an X11 session up and running, and to me it felt not too different from something like Alpine or Debian.
    A little while back, when I was much newer to FreeBSD, I did get Wayland up and running on a ThinkPad, but that was during the time where KDE+Wayland on FreeBSD had an unfortunate keymap bug (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=505552) but I think (?) that's been fixed. (Haven't had a lot of free time lately because of work*, so I've just been using X11+Mate, lol.)
    I have a tendency to start rambling, so I'll cut my post short! The last thing I want to mention is WiFi (in-)compatibility. My current FreeBSD machine's WiFi adapter isn't supported, and it doesn't have an ethernet port either. I've been using a cheap USB dongle, and that's been working fine.
    But I'm nowhere near experienced enough in *BSD to be an authoritative source, just figured I'd try to be helpful.

    *Which is also why my profile is rather... blank. I know it looks bad; I promise to make it less "Default-User-87432" when I get a day off!

    Ikke-kategoriseret bsdcafe bsdcaferules
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper