Also I guess I need to clear this up - I am hosting the files for someone else's show on my network. It's not my podcast, but it's on my network so I get the legal notices.
jsnell@zeppelin.flights
@jsnell@zeppelin.flights
Indlæg
-
Spotify, already the bane of many podcasters’ existence, has decided to amp things up: Now it’s scouring podcasts to see if any infringe on “literary content.” -
Spotify, already the bane of many podcasters’ existence, has decided to amp things up: Now it’s scouring podcasts to see if any infringe on “literary content.”Just to follow up on this with some stats:
The podcast episode in question is 62 minutes long. More than an hour discussing a book.
Six minutes in, they quote the opening paragraph of the book, a total of 71 words. It takes 20 seconds.
What are we even doing here?
-
Spotify, already the bane of many podcasters’ existence, has decided to amp things up: Now it’s scouring podcasts to see if any infringe on “literary content.”@michaelgemar spotify re-hosts all podcasts so they are like youtube, they are content scanning everything
-
Spotify, already the bane of many podcasters’ existence, has decided to amp things up: Now it’s scouring podcasts to see if any infringe on “literary content.”Spotify, already the bane of many podcasters’ existence, has decided to amp things up: Now it’s scouring podcasts to see if any infringe on “literary content.” It’s already flagged one podcast I host, which reviews/critiques an author’s books one by one, for “infringing” on the book. This is dire.