Did you get that recipe from Thames Water?
They have an awful lot of leeks.
nina_cried@mastodonapp.uk
Indlæg
-
I was making potato and leek soup and the recipe asked for five potatoes cubed. -
I remember reading about a psychological experiment where participants were divided into a red and blue team, and asked to play in a competition against each other.I would maybe introduce the nuance of National Leagues, where the Blue teams play among themselves, and the Red teams play each other. And compare this to International Competitions where it's Blue teams against Red teams.
From my perspective there seems to be a stronger, dog eat dog, survival of the fittest mentality among men. With women there seems to be a stronger, nobody is left behind, help those who need help mentality.
This is hugely over simplified but you can see how, for example, a man helping a weaker man might be shunned by the group making others reluctant to show such weakness themselves.
This may be in the origin male roles versus female roles, which leads to the difficult question of if your gender is wrong or society is wrong.
I think society needs the differences, which is why some people feel misgendered in society.
Others may feel society should change. -
Protecting children online matters—but age verification is not how you do it.There would be little need to be Age Gate the entire Internet if Social Media Algorithms were Age Gated instead, but the Big Tech companies know very few people would opt into the Algorithms, and not because they were Age Gated.