Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
pendell@mastodon.socialP

pendell@mastodon.social

@pendell@mastodon.social
About
Indlæg
5
Emner
0
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • OK!
    pendell@mastodon.socialP pendell@mastodon.social

    @aeva @jonny my sister named him Oakley... godspeed Oakley, you were very stinky but you only tried to bite me once...

    (pic attached but spoilered bc you can see the injury to his jaw)

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • OK!
    pendell@mastodon.socialP pendell@mastodon.social

    @aeva @jonny I imagine my bosses are paying this AI company tens of thousands of dollars for this contract just so it can fail to understand what people are asking and then tell them it will "let the team know" no matter how simple the request. It can't even take a payment using a customer's card on file. It can't quote prices when they ask. All it can do is send me an email so I know I need to call them back to actually help them. It's just fucking voicemail with more steps.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • OK!
    pendell@mastodon.socialP pendell@mastodon.social

    @aeva @jonny I was able to find someone eventually - by calling the ER vet next to my work, where a HUMAN woman immediately picked up and when I asked if she knew where I could take it, she looked at their own records and sent me to another ER vet that works with an "opossum lady" and they agreed to hold the critter for us overnight until she could come pick it up. (Fair, it was like 10pm by that point and it was not life threatening to the opossum) so it worked out, no thanks to AI

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • OK!
    pendell@mastodon.socialP pendell@mastodon.social

    @aeva @jonny All just so it could not connect me to a person and instead text me the number of a person it pulled off the same state website I'd already checked.

    My own job has implemented their own version of an AI call assistant, so occasionally I get an email transcript of a call between it and one of our customers and it's always the most useless piece of shit imaginable. It's incapable of doing anything but wasting people's time.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • OK!
    pendell@mastodon.socialP pendell@mastodon.social

    @aeva @jonny Last night I was trying to find an animal ER, rehabilitator, or just ANYONE who could help an injured young opossum I found under a car, and one of these animal sanctuaries I called had me speak to a fucking AI voice bot that even did the thing where it waits and fakes typing noises after each response I gave. This is a place meant to deal with sick and injured wildlife, sometimes in emergency situations, and I had to talk to ChatGPT for 10 minutes and give it my name and ZIP code

    Ikke-kategoriseret
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper