@argv_minus_one @lproven Well, save an image in GIMP using the same settings for both formats. You'll find WebP's are a bit smaller, but not all that much. The big problem I have with WebP is it isn't backward compatible with the older systems that I and many people use every day. To archive WebP images I have to convert them to JPEG first so all of my computers can see them. It's a pain.
rayotron@mstdn.social
@rayotron@mstdn.social
Indlæg
-
This is a modern motherfucking website. -
This is a modern motherfucking website.@lproven Nice article, even though the "superiority" of webp and avif has been greatly exaggerated.
-
This post did not contain any content.@Elizafox I've seen this on my computer too! Who knows how many computers it's on?! It may already be too late.
-
Mastodon/Fedi: The social network for people who have actually cleaned mouse balls 🖱️@FlockOfCats Back when I was an annoying Mac fanboy I called a PC store and asked:
"Do you have mouse balls?"
"Yes"
"It sure must tickle when you walk!"