Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
victorpickard@mastodon.socialV

victorpickard@mastodon.social

@victorpickard@mastodon.social
About
Indlæg
3
Emner
1
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • A piece I wrote for The Progressive magazine earlier this summer--“How to Fight Media Oligarchy”--is now published online.
    victorpickard@mastodon.socialV victorpickard@mastodon.social

    @wjmaggos Yeah, those are options. FWIW I am advocating for funding/rebuilding/reimagining an entire media ecosystem, not just PBS/NPR.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • A piece I wrote for The Progressive magazine earlier this summer--“How to Fight Media Oligarchy”--is now published online.
    victorpickard@mastodon.socialV victorpickard@mastodon.social

    Every billionaire-owned media outlet is a profound threat to our democracy, but the solution isn't merely to trust-bust them into smaller pieces; we also must create true public alternatives from the ground up.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • A piece I wrote for The Progressive magazine earlier this summer--“How to Fight Media Oligarchy”--is now published online.
    victorpickard@mastodon.socialV victorpickard@mastodon.social

    A piece I wrote for The Progressive magazine earlier this summer--“How to Fight Media Oligarchy”--is now published online. In the essay I try to sketch several arguments: 1) big corporate media mergers are bad for everyone other than those few who stand to profit 2) this media oligarchy problem wasn't inevitable but rather caused by bad policy decisions, and 3) breaking up media conglomerates is both absolutely necessary & insufficient for reconstructing the media we need.https://progressive.org/magazine/how-to-fight-media-oligarchy-pickard-20260904/

    Ikke-kategoriseret
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper