Wow, #eufymake being special again...
-
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
@revk if you're getting a warranty replacement of the print head, that seems perfectly reasonable as a fraud prevention measure? (Also possible they want to examine failed units to find out why they failed.)
(Also I'd expect the warranty really to apply to "provision of a printhead" for the warranty period - I doubt the warranty period resets when they replace under warranty.)
-
@revk In the case of myenergi I think they asked me for a return of a failed unit to allow more investigation.
If you have only paid for one item then it may be reasonable to expect you to only have one in your hands at once. The vendor may be able to do failure investigation as above, or even recover some costs with refurbing the old one.
-
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
@revk This is how every single warranty I have ever executed works. You own _A_ print head. They are giving you a new one in exchange for the broken one. This is to prevent people from simply requesting unneeded replacement parts for several possible scams that all cost the company significantly. Expecting the broken part back keeps the customer honest.
Save your money, don't bother with a lawyer, and send the busted print head back.
-
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
@revk it's not yours if it's been warranty replaced, it's theirs
or did you buy the replacement?
-
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
@revk FWIW it looks like you used the word "properly" in place of "property" there.
A human will probably understand but that will play hell with auto translation tools.
-
@revk if you're getting a warranty replacement of the print head, that seems perfectly reasonable as a fraud prevention measure? (Also possible they want to examine failed units to find out why they failed.)
(Also I'd expect the warranty really to apply to "provision of a printhead" for the warranty period - I doubt the warranty period resets when they replace under warranty.)
@srtcd424 What fraud?
I OWN the old print head, I can do with it as I wish, that is the very concept of ownership.
I could even legitimately sell it as a second hand and faulty print head if I wanted. Again, concept of ownership.
This is not a replace under warranty - their warranty is only 3 months on the print head, I had to PAY for the new one, which I also now OWN.
I should have purchased this as a consumer and not a business as I would have more protections.
-
-
@srtcd424 What fraud?
I OWN the old print head, I can do with it as I wish, that is the very concept of ownership.
I could even legitimately sell it as a second hand and faulty print head if I wanted. Again, concept of ownership.
This is not a replace under warranty - their warranty is only 3 months on the print head, I had to PAY for the new one, which I also now OWN.
I should have purchased this as a consumer and not a business as I would have more protections.
@revk if you purchased the new one outright, I agree that's incredibly weird and aggressive (and illegal!) of them. I think we all assumed that couldn't be the case because their response would make no sense in that situation

-
@revk This is how every single warranty I have ever executed works. You own _A_ print head. They are giving you a new one in exchange for the broken one. This is to prevent people from simply requesting unneeded replacement parts for several possible scams that all cost the company significantly. Expecting the broken part back keeps the customer honest.
Save your money, don't bother with a lawyer, and send the busted print head back.
@nuintari NO!
This WAS NOT a warranty replacement, this is my having to PURCHASE a new print head as old one was more than 3 months old.
-
@revk it's not yours if it's been warranty replaced, it's theirs
or did you buy the replacement?
@interpipes IT HAS NOT BEEN WARRANTY REPLACED.
I HAD TO PAY FOR THE REPLACEMENT!
-
@becomethewaifu @nuintari It WAS NOT A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT!
-
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
No reply, so a follow up.
-
@revk makes sense given the price, otherwise people could just ask for a replacement on bad faith, and that's how a parallel market starts
@tobozo Not sure what you mean?
I PAID for the new print head.
-
@tobozo Not sure what you mean?
I PAID for the new print head.
@revk you know what I meant since you edited your post, thanks for clarifying anyway
-
No reply, so a follow up.
@revk You have purchased a single print head, so have the rights to own a single print head at a time, I would say.
With PC/server hardware it is usual for a warranty to involve a swap-out, so you always return the faulty parts. The replacements you are sent may be refurbished. If you are concerned about data security, you can pay a little extra to retain faulty HDD/SDDs.
-
@revk you know what I meant since you edited your post, thanks for clarifying anyway
@tobozo Sorry
I had said previously they were not warranty replacing, and did not realise it would be misunderstood.
-
@revk You have purchased a single print head, so have the rights to own a single print head at a time, I would say.
With PC/server hardware it is usual for a warranty to involve a swap-out, so you always return the faulty parts. The replacements you are sent may be refurbished. If you are concerned about data security, you can pay a little extra to retain faulty HDD/SDDs.
@sborrill IT - WAS - NOT - A - WARRANTY - REPLACEMENT - I - PAID - FOR - NEW - PRINT - HEAD...
Sorry if this was confusing, I have edited the original post to be clear.
I did so before the post to which you replied, even.
I cannot rule out fediverse not making that clear.
-
No reply, so a follow up.
The question now, with gloves, if I do some sort of tear down on the old print head instead of returning it.
- Head under microscope.
- Take apart as much as possible.etc.
-
-
@tobozo Sorry
I had said previously they were not warranty replacing, and did not realise it would be misunderstood.
@revk could it still be a parallel market opportunity? e.g. fix broken units, sell them back as new