Wow, #eufymake being special again...
-
@becomethewaifu @nuintari It WAS NOT A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT!
-
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
No reply, so a follow up.
-
@revk makes sense given the price, otherwise people could just ask for a replacement on bad faith, and that's how a parallel market starts
@tobozo Not sure what you mean?
I PAID for the new print head.
-
@tobozo Not sure what you mean?
I PAID for the new print head.
@revk you know what I meant since you edited your post, thanks for clarifying anyway
-
No reply, so a follow up.
@revk You have purchased a single print head, so have the rights to own a single print head at a time, I would say.
With PC/server hardware it is usual for a warranty to involve a swap-out, so you always return the faulty parts. The replacements you are sent may be refurbished. If you are concerned about data security, you can pay a little extra to retain faulty HDD/SDDs.
-
@revk you know what I meant since you edited your post, thanks for clarifying anyway
@tobozo Sorry
I had said previously they were not warranty replacing, and did not realise it would be misunderstood.
-
@revk You have purchased a single print head, so have the rights to own a single print head at a time, I would say.
With PC/server hardware it is usual for a warranty to involve a swap-out, so you always return the faulty parts. The replacements you are sent may be refurbished. If you are concerned about data security, you can pay a little extra to retain faulty HDD/SDDs.
@sborrill IT - WAS - NOT - A - WARRANTY - REPLACEMENT - I - PAID - FOR - NEW - PRINT - HEAD...
Sorry if this was confusing, I have edited the original post to be clear.
I did so before the post to which you replied, even.
I cannot rule out fediverse not making that clear.
-
No reply, so a follow up.
The question now, with gloves, if I do some sort of tear down on the old print head instead of returning it.
- Head under microscope.
- Take apart as much as possible.etc.
-
-
@tobozo Sorry
I had said previously they were not warranty replacing, and did not realise it would be misunderstood.
@revk could it still be a parallel market opportunity? e.g. fix broken units, sell them back as new
-
@revk could it still be a parallel market opportunity? e.g. fix broken units, sell them back as new
@tobozo OK not their issue really. If I own something I own it. If I do something fraudulent with that - I am guilty of that. Simple.
-
The question now, with gloves, if I do some sort of tear down on the old print head instead of returning it.
- Head under microscope.
- Take apart as much as possible.etc.
@revk How has the EufyMake been for you otherwise?
I found the idea very curious, and then a week ago it struck me that the EufyMake is a strong candidate for a surprisingly tricky and difficult print project I struggled to get to manufactured 20 years ago.
The best I came up with 20 years ago was a certain $250k high-speed digital press, and most of the professional shops who had one weren't willing to use that machine to print on transparent plastic film as I needed. (Also some specialty toners would have helped a lot, though the machine had support for 5 or 6 colors, IIRC)
So now I know I do need a UV resin printer, and the EufyMake is the only prosumer-grade machine that's immediately available to me. Not looking forward to getting into yet another sketchy relationship with a manufacturer, though.
-
@revk How has the EufyMake been for you otherwise?
I found the idea very curious, and then a week ago it struck me that the EufyMake is a strong candidate for a surprisingly tricky and difficult print project I struggled to get to manufactured 20 years ago.
The best I came up with 20 years ago was a certain $250k high-speed digital press, and most of the professional shops who had one weren't willing to use that machine to print on transparent plastic film as I needed. (Also some specialty toners would have helped a lot, though the machine had support for 5 or 6 colors, IIRC)
So now I know I do need a UV resin printer, and the EufyMake is the only prosumer-grade machine that's immediately available to me. Not looking forward to getting into yet another sketchy relationship with a manufacturer, though.
@leon_p_smith Technically good
Legally, scammy, not so much.
-
@nuintari NO!
This WAS NOT a warranty replacement, this is my having to PURCHASE a new print head as old one was more than 3 months old.
@revk Oh, forgive me, this was not made clear by your initial post.
-
@revk Oh, forgive me, this was not made clear by your initial post.
@nuintari I understand, thanks.
-
No reply, so a follow up.
@revk
It hadn't occurred to me that things might be different elsewhere, but in the US, it's fairly normal for warranty replacement of parts to require surrendering the part being replaced. -
@revk
It hadn't occurred to me that things might be different elsewhere, but in the US, it's fairly normal for warranty replacement of parts to require surrendering the part being replaced.@brouhaha this was not a warranty replacement!
-
@interpipes IT HAS NOT BEEN WARRANTY REPLACED.
I HAD TO PAY FOR THE REPLACEMENT!
@revk I didn't see any earlier toots on this matter and the toot I replied to didn't appear to be in a thread, so that much wasn't obvious to me I'm afraid
perhaps it is boilerplate pre-written text for their ticketing system closing out discussions which might have resulted in warranty replacement, though
-
@brouhaha this was not a warranty replacement!
@revk
Oh! I should have looked back at the thread.
There are companies that won't sell new parts without an exchange, but usually they make you send the part back first in such a case. -
Wow, #eufymake being special again...
I have new print head, so replacing it, but they want the old one back!
Just to be very clear here - this is NOT a warranty replacement - the print head is older than 3 months and so I HAD TO PAY for the new print head.
@revk OK that's very weird! Trying to be charitable to them, my best guess would be that maybe the on-duty support droid got confused about whether the replacement head was sent under warranty or not; I don't know enough of the conversation history (or how much of it they bothered to read) to know if that's plausible!