#BannedBooksWeek #Books #Censorship
-
@calmeilles @xinit you mean the LeVar Burton playing the main character in a short arc in TNG S03/04 showing how fucking creepy it was to create a holodeck character after a real person without their consent? that LeVar Burton?
@noodlejetski
Well, in an established series, it's not like actors really get to choose the scripts and how their character behaves in them (barring they're also directing, etc). I'm not going to necessarily fault the actor for that cringey episode.
@calmeilles -
@Nimbius666
Future artist? I don't think that's what's happening here.@xinit @0x00string @calmeilles Its passion and conviction that have sadly been captured by commerce and capitalism. I don't deign to assume what art could be, but I am keenly aware of when its spark has been hijacked by tech bro nonsense. -
@noodlejetski
Well, in an established series, it's not like actors really get to choose the scripts and how their character behaves in them (barring they're also directing, etc). I'm not going to necessarily fault the actor for that cringey episode.
@calmeilles@xinit @calmeilles I'm not "faulting" an actor for illustrating a valid point about consent, a concept that AI-pilled folks don't seem to be able to grasp
-
@calmeilles true, true…
-
@xinit @calmeilles I'm not "faulting" an actor for illustrating a valid point about consent, a concept that AI-pilled folks don't seem to be able to grasp
@noodlejetski
Ah, I read that differently. Thanks for the clarification.
@calmeilles -
@calmeilles I'm so fucking tired of people who lack the basic human decency to recognize that Ai and everything made by it is inherently evil. Quit your bullshit. You coulda just posted crudely drawn stick figures and we'd have applauded you.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic