Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else?

Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else?

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
googlecalendaraskfedi
39 Indlæg 35 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

    Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

    #askFedi

    zrb@social.hildebrind.spaceZ This user is from outside of this forum
    zrb@social.hildebrind.spaceZ This user is from outside of this forum
    zrb@social.hildebrind.space
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #30

    @Anneheathen ever since I switched to Purelymail I've been trying to find some way of replicating email calendar invites. I guess it would have to be some all-in-one solution like Nextcloud

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

      Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

      #askFedi

      wcbdata@vis.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
      wcbdata@vis.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
      wcbdata@vis.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #31

      @Anneheathen Been using Proton for work, and it's okay for mail & calendar, but their Drive/Office tools are just garbage, and the company leadership supports Trump and white supremacists, so I'm looking at Hugo, which is a hosted collabora/libreoffice in Canada. The company is about slow to deal with, but the tools & hosting look really solid.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

        @Anneheathen
        We run Nextcloud, handles calendar and contacts for the whole family. DavX5 app for Android handles the sync. On Linux desktop I use Thunderbird. The VM costs a few bucks a month.

        slothrop@chaos.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
        slothrop@chaos.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
        slothrop@chaos.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #32

        @dlakelan @Anneheathen yep, another Nextcloud user here.

        Mine is managed by Hetzner, costs about 5€/month. I’m not doing any admin work on it, Hetzner takes care of that.

        Calendar sync to iOS works fine. Besides the calendar, I also get all of the Nextcloud apps, plus 1TB(!) of storage.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

          Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

          #askFedi

          laserdiscturtle@mas.toL This user is from outside of this forum
          laserdiscturtle@mas.toL This user is from outside of this forum
          laserdiscturtle@mas.to
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #33

          @Anneheathen tagging @renegaderich, you were asking me the same question recently. Some of the replies might be useful to you too.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • tofticles@helvede.netT tofticles@helvede.net shared this topic
          • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

            Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

            #askFedi

            P This user is from outside of this forum
            P This user is from outside of this forum
            paulf@defcon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #34

            @Anneheathen try Proton. It is audited to be private (but I cant confirm or deny it is). Ive used it for years but nothing heavy.

            It does meet your requirements of shared calendars and multi OS support 👍

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

              Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

              #askFedi

              ruben@friendship.questR This user is from outside of this forum
              ruben@friendship.questR This user is from outside of this forum
              ruben@friendship.quest
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #35
              For a while I used the fastmail calendar offering, which worked well for my wife and myself. Now I have a self hosted baikal, which is a bit more annoying for initial setup. The invites experience anywhere outside Google will feel off if you’re inviting mostly Google users, but either is worth a try, for invites and rsvps I had no trouble.
              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

                Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

                #askFedi

                rstockm@chaos.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                rstockm@chaos.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                rstockm@chaos.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #36

                @Anneheathen @hypebot Self-hosted Nextcloud.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

                  Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

                  #askFedi

                  johnnythan@tuebingen.networkJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  johnnythan@tuebingen.networkJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  johnnythan@tuebingen.network
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #37

                  @Anneheathen I set up my personal Baikal (CalDav) Server. For me this works great a ross devices.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

                    Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

                    #askFedi

                    O This user is from outside of this forum
                    O This user is from outside of this forum
                    olle_gladso@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #38

                    @Anneheathen We moved to the Proton Calendar over a year ago.
                    It works well for us. However, as is often the case when you try to get off Google there are some "withdrawal symptoms".

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • anneheathen@glammr.usA anneheathen@glammr.us

                      Has anyone successfully moved away from #GoogleCalendar to something else? I'm on ios and macos but would like it to also be usable by my spouse who is on android and PC. We do a fair amount of inviting each other and other folks to calendar entries, but don't use a lot of other features. Motivation here is to get away from big G and theoretically find something with better privacy/etc.

                      #askFedi

                      malte@radikal.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                      malte@radikal.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                      malte@radikal.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #39

                      @Anneheathen Yes, I moved to Proton Calendar and have had no issues. I regularly use calendar invites and there doesn't seem to be any friction. I can also subscribe to my work calendar so it gets into my private calendar etc.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      Svar
                      • Svar som emne
                      Login for at svare
                      • Ældste til nyeste
                      • Nyeste til ældste
                      • Most Votes


                      • Log ind

                      • Login or register to search.
                      Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                      Graciously hosted by data.coop
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Hjem
                      • Seneste
                      • Etiketter
                      • Populære
                      • Verden
                      • Bruger
                      • Grupper