I see that Mastodon now has roles where I can grant permissions to create invite linkshttps://docs.joinmastodon.org/entities/Role/
-
I see that Mastodon now has roles where I can grant permissions to create invite links
https://docs.joinmastodon.org/entities/Role/This I'm excited about because `tootctl` is missing functionality to create invite links, and I don't want to be a moderator/admin on this instance - so I can grant myself a role which can create invites!
Except it seems documented *nowhere* how you create a role.
-
I see that Mastodon now has roles where I can grant permissions to create invite links
https://docs.joinmastodon.org/entities/Role/This I'm excited about because `tootctl` is missing functionality to create invite links, and I don't want to be a moderator/admin on this instance - so I can grant myself a role which can create invites!
Except it seems documented *nowhere* how you create a role.
Oh I see where it's documented. So you can only create new roles through the admin web interface... Ok, at least I can grant myself admin role temporarily so I can create the new role and grant myself that role instead. I wish tootctl was more fully featured.