Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. *sighhhhhhhhh*

*sighhhhhhhhh*

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
9 Indlæg 5 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
    nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
    nonehitwonder@tenforward.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    *sighhhhhhhhh*

    Nobody--NOBODY--nobody in human history has ever earned a billion dollars without benefiting from structurally-supported exploitation and theft, whether directly or by proxy, and no, not even that one billionaire you like; nobody means N O B O D Y.

    Yes, I've considered the one outcome you're thinking of. YES, I have considered the outcome you're now fabricating that would never happen, and the answer is still fuck all billionaires.

    The only arguments against this depend on the idea that all people work voluntarily and are not being systematically coerced on threat of literal death.

    OOPS.

    nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN extra_special_carbon@mastodon.worldE vonxylofon@witter.czV 3 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN nonehitwonder@tenforward.social

      *sighhhhhhhhh*

      Nobody--NOBODY--nobody in human history has ever earned a billion dollars without benefiting from structurally-supported exploitation and theft, whether directly or by proxy, and no, not even that one billionaire you like; nobody means N O B O D Y.

      Yes, I've considered the one outcome you're thinking of. YES, I have considered the outcome you're now fabricating that would never happen, and the answer is still fuck all billionaires.

      The only arguments against this depend on the idea that all people work voluntarily and are not being systematically coerced on threat of literal death.

      OOPS.

      nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
      nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
      nonehitwonder@tenforward.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      The part that really bakes my noodle is that the people who tend to argue in defense of billionaires also tend to believe, as billionaires do, that an inability to gain wealth by any means necessary is somehow itself a moral failing.

      As ever, I maintain that this is the worst and stupidest death cult I've ever been in.

      nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN nonehitwonder@tenforward.social

        *sighhhhhhhhh*

        Nobody--NOBODY--nobody in human history has ever earned a billion dollars without benefiting from structurally-supported exploitation and theft, whether directly or by proxy, and no, not even that one billionaire you like; nobody means N O B O D Y.

        Yes, I've considered the one outcome you're thinking of. YES, I have considered the outcome you're now fabricating that would never happen, and the answer is still fuck all billionaires.

        The only arguments against this depend on the idea that all people work voluntarily and are not being systematically coerced on threat of literal death.

        OOPS.

        extra_special_carbon@mastodon.worldE This user is from outside of this forum
        extra_special_carbon@mastodon.worldE This user is from outside of this forum
        extra_special_carbon@mastodon.world
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @nonehitwonder I think people pretty much beg to tour with Taylor Swift. I think she pretty much gave her tour crew $100K bonuses* and she drops money in every city she tours.

        This isn’t to say she hasn’t benefited from exploitation, but I think I have a hard time being mad. And she’s honestly extremely talented (athletically, business and music.), so I don’t think her work is stolen.

        * The specifics are not researched. It’s something like that.

        nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN debonairetoast@musicians.todayD 3 Replies Last reply
        0
        • extra_special_carbon@mastodon.worldE extra_special_carbon@mastodon.world

          @nonehitwonder I think people pretty much beg to tour with Taylor Swift. I think she pretty much gave her tour crew $100K bonuses* and she drops money in every city she tours.

          This isn’t to say she hasn’t benefited from exploitation, but I think I have a hard time being mad. And she’s honestly extremely talented (athletically, business and music.), so I don’t think her work is stolen.

          * The specifics are not researched. It’s something like that.

          nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
          nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
          nonehitwonder@tenforward.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @Extra_Special_Carbon

          foolishowl@social.coopF 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • extra_special_carbon@mastodon.worldE extra_special_carbon@mastodon.world

            @nonehitwonder I think people pretty much beg to tour with Taylor Swift. I think she pretty much gave her tour crew $100K bonuses* and she drops money in every city she tours.

            This isn’t to say she hasn’t benefited from exploitation, but I think I have a hard time being mad. And she’s honestly extremely talented (athletically, business and music.), so I don’t think her work is stolen.

            * The specifics are not researched. It’s something like that.

            nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
            nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
            nonehitwonder@tenforward.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @Extra_Special_Carbon to be clear, I'm glad Taylor Swift makes an effort, but to say she became a BILLIONAIRE solely on the merits of her work and business acumen overlooks years and years of being a product for one of the shadier exploitative industrial complexes in present-day.

            Is she responsible for the crimes of the entertainment industry? No. Did she become a billionaire without causing harm to many, many people? Also no.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN nonehitwonder@tenforward.social

              @Extra_Special_Carbon

              foolishowl@social.coopF This user is from outside of this forum
              foolishowl@social.coopF This user is from outside of this forum
              foolishowl@social.coop
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              @nonehitwonder @Extra_Special_Carbon I finally relented, but I was blocking people after someone posted a thread about how it was racist to think that billionaires were inclined to fascism, that went on to list two white women who were billionaire philanthropists, except that of course their philanthropic projects included eugenics, privatization of public services, and donations to fascist politicians.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN nonehitwonder@tenforward.social

                *sighhhhhhhhh*

                Nobody--NOBODY--nobody in human history has ever earned a billion dollars without benefiting from structurally-supported exploitation and theft, whether directly or by proxy, and no, not even that one billionaire you like; nobody means N O B O D Y.

                Yes, I've considered the one outcome you're thinking of. YES, I have considered the outcome you're now fabricating that would never happen, and the answer is still fuck all billionaires.

                The only arguments against this depend on the idea that all people work voluntarily and are not being systematically coerced on threat of literal death.

                OOPS.

                vonxylofon@witter.czV This user is from outside of this forum
                vonxylofon@witter.czV This user is from outside of this forum
                vonxylofon@witter.cz
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #7

                @nonehitwonder ...and I took that personally.

                On a more serious note, billionnaires suck, and so does capitalism, but I grew up in a (afterwards post-) socialist country, and to be honest, that sucked a lot worse. Under capitalism, you may die if you do not work. Under Soviet-style socialism, someone is going to see to it that you do.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN nonehitwonder@tenforward.social

                  The part that really bakes my noodle is that the people who tend to argue in defense of billionaires also tend to believe, as billionaires do, that an inability to gain wealth by any means necessary is somehow itself a moral failing.

                  As ever, I maintain that this is the worst and stupidest death cult I've ever been in.

                  nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                  nonehitwonder@tenforward.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                  nonehitwonder@tenforward.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #8

                  At the end of the day, being against billionaires isn't about the individuals, or even the actual money; it's about abusive systems that hurt most of the people most of the time.

                  It just so happens that we are currently all being coerced into operating within and maintaining those systems for the benefit of a very small group of people in whose best interests it is to avoid the consequences of the abuses that form the foundation of their wealth, and those people happen to be billionaires.

                  I'm being glib, but in all seriousness, the venn diagram of billionaires who exist because of their ability to abuse with impunity vs the billions of people with inadequate housing due to that same abuse is a fucking circle.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • extra_special_carbon@mastodon.worldE extra_special_carbon@mastodon.world

                    @nonehitwonder I think people pretty much beg to tour with Taylor Swift. I think she pretty much gave her tour crew $100K bonuses* and she drops money in every city she tours.

                    This isn’t to say she hasn’t benefited from exploitation, but I think I have a hard time being mad. And she’s honestly extremely talented (athletically, business and music.), so I don’t think her work is stolen.

                    * The specifics are not researched. It’s something like that.

                    debonairetoast@musicians.todayD This user is from outside of this forum
                    debonairetoast@musicians.todayD This user is from outside of this forum
                    debonairetoast@musicians.today
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #9

                    @Extra_Special_Carbon @nonehitwonder bootlick for someone who will notice you.

                    She would not be a billionaire if she were a good person. She benefits from a network built on monopolies and payola. i.e. she's in a kind of mafia.

                    Billionaires are parasitic and here you are begging to be drained. What a weird thing to play devil's advocate for.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                    Svar
                    • Svar som emne
                    Login for at svare
                    • Ældste til nyeste
                    • Nyeste til ældste
                    • Most Votes


                    • Log ind

                    • Login or register to search.
                    Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                    Graciously hosted by data.coop
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Hjem
                    • Seneste
                    • Etiketter
                    • Populære
                    • Verden
                    • Bruger
                    • Grupper