Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Is giving instructions a waste of time ?

Is giving instructions a waste of time ?

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
14 Indlæg 7 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.online

    Is giving instructions a waste of time ?

    Hugz & xXx

    uair@autistics.lifeU This user is from outside of this forum
    uair@autistics.lifeU This user is from outside of this forum
    uair@autistics.life
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #3

    @MelissaBearTrix

    Broadly speaking, giving instructions works wonderfully well with other autistic people but neurotypicals only respond to clear instructions if I do some kind of emotional leadership thing first and that seems to be a wildly changing variant with each neurotypical and I generally can't be bothered figuring out what will make them care that I actually know what I'm talking about.

    But autistic people listen if you know how to do something we don't. We're generally really, really tired of having to figure everything out ourselves due to the communication barrier between we and the rest of our species.

    kinsale42@mstdn.gamesK 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.online

      Is giving instructions a waste of time ?

      Hugz & xXx

      kinsale42@mstdn.gamesK This user is from outside of this forum
      kinsale42@mstdn.gamesK This user is from outside of this forum
      kinsale42@mstdn.games
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #4

      @MelissaBearTrix at least it gives you a chance to arrange your process, even if nobody pays attention

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • nando161@partyon.xyzN nando161@partyon.xyz

        @MelissaBearTrix yes and no as some people will just fail to retain that info no matter how many times you are on repeat and others you might have to explain maybe once or twice and they store the instructions.

        melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM This user is from outside of this forum
        melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM This user is from outside of this forum
        melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.online
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #5

        @nando161

        "When you get here, press the doorbell"

        Hugz & xXx

        nando161@partyon.xyzN 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.online

          @nando161

          "When you get here, press the doorbell"

          Hugz & xXx

          nando161@partyon.xyzN This user is from outside of this forum
          nando161@partyon.xyzN This user is from outside of this forum
          nando161@partyon.xyz
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #6

          @MelissaBearTrix ez done 😸

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • uair@autistics.lifeU uair@autistics.life

            @MelissaBearTrix

            Broadly speaking, giving instructions works wonderfully well with other autistic people but neurotypicals only respond to clear instructions if I do some kind of emotional leadership thing first and that seems to be a wildly changing variant with each neurotypical and I generally can't be bothered figuring out what will make them care that I actually know what I'm talking about.

            But autistic people listen if you know how to do something we don't. We're generally really, really tired of having to figure everything out ourselves due to the communication barrier between we and the rest of our species.

            kinsale42@mstdn.gamesK This user is from outside of this forum
            kinsale42@mstdn.gamesK This user is from outside of this forum
            kinsale42@mstdn.games
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #7

            @Uair @MelissaBearTrix truuuuueeee

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.online

              Is giving instructions a waste of time ?

              Hugz & xXx

              shaknais@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
              shaknais@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
              shaknais@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #8

              @MelissaBearTrix

              I write training manuals at work.
              No one uses them, and ask me instead... And I tell them just to read n do the damn manual.

              And then, if they fail, it isnt my problem anymore. It isnt "James told me to", its "I didnt follow the manual properly".

              jwcph@helvede.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • shaknais@mastodon.socialS shaknais@mastodon.social

                @MelissaBearTrix

                I write training manuals at work.
                No one uses them, and ask me instead... And I tell them just to read n do the damn manual.

                And then, if they fail, it isnt my problem anymore. It isnt "James told me to", its "I didnt follow the manual properly".

                jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                jwcph@helvede.net
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #9

                @shaknais @MelissaBearTrix I certainly hope your manuals are good - we have an "it's in the manual" guy at work, too, but [thing] is almost never covered...

                shaknais@mastodon.socialS 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.onlineM melissabeartrix@gives.hugz.online

                  Is giving instructions a waste of time ?

                  Hugz & xXx

                  nlupo@amikejo.xyzN This user is from outside of this forum
                  nlupo@amikejo.xyzN This user is from outside of this forum
                  nlupo@amikejo.xyz
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #10

                  @MelissaBearTrix I prefer to be instructed if I'm new to something or if there is a protocol for doing something. Nobody should expect me to know everything.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

                    @shaknais @MelissaBearTrix I certainly hope your manuals are good - we have an "it's in the manual" guy at work, too, but [thing] is almost never covered...

                    shaknais@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                    shaknais@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                    shaknais@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #11

                    @jwcph

                    If its not in the manual, you're not expected to know it. Thats what I'm there for.

                    If its in the manual, and you haven't even tried, that's where I will call people out. And it happens every single day.

                    jwcph@helvede.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • shaknais@mastodon.socialS shaknais@mastodon.social

                      @jwcph

                      If its not in the manual, you're not expected to know it. Thats what I'm there for.

                      If its in the manual, and you haven't even tried, that's where I will call people out. And it happens every single day.

                      jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jwcph@helvede.net
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #12

                      @shaknais Surely - nobody likes to read the manual 😂

                      shaknais@mastodon.socialS 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

                        @shaknais Surely - nobody likes to read the manual 😂

                        shaknais@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                        shaknais@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                        shaknais@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #13

                        @jwcph Maybe. But handholding isnt part of the gig. I have actual work, as well as training the team. Because the team is supposed to already know all of these things. None of it is something you'll only do once, and nothing is something you haven't been show before.

                        So, no, I'm not overly sympathetic. If you login twenty times a day, and ask me how to login every time, I will point you to the step by step guide, filled with screenshots and annotations.

                        jwcph@helvede.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • shaknais@mastodon.socialS shaknais@mastodon.social

                          @jwcph Maybe. But handholding isnt part of the gig. I have actual work, as well as training the team. Because the team is supposed to already know all of these things. None of it is something you'll only do once, and nothing is something you haven't been show before.

                          So, no, I'm not overly sympathetic. If you login twenty times a day, and ask me how to login every time, I will point you to the step by step guide, filled with screenshots and annotations.

                          jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                          jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                          jwcph@helvede.net
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #14

                          @shaknais A good manual can be a godsend, especially for those tasks you do often enough that it matters, but rarely enough for the process not to stick properly in your memory 🧡

                          (I think many people are jaded by bad manual experiences, as I know I am myself - but that's not your fault & the subject of a different thread 😁 )

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          Svar
                          • Svar som emne
                          Login for at svare
                          • Ældste til nyeste
                          • Nyeste til ældste
                          • Most Votes


                          • Log ind

                          • Login or register to search.
                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Hjem
                          • Seneste
                          • Etiketter
                          • Populære
                          • Verden
                          • Bruger
                          • Grupper