Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
firefoxmastodonandsomanyothers
50 Indlæg 45 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

    I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

    #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

    tay@tech.lgbtT This user is from outside of this forum
    tay@tech.lgbtT This user is from outside of this forum
    tay@tech.lgbt
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #27

    @phlip yeah. i ended up not hating the firefox redesign as much as i thought i would (mostly because it didn't really change much except add a, actually kinda colour gradient to the UI that actually looks kinda nice after picking a nice purple theme)

    but i did have to edit my userChrome.css to make the rounded corners sensible again.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

      I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

      #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

      xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
      xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
      xeno@snug.moe
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #28

      @phlip lol I remember there was a meme that was like “someone leaked the source code for windows 11” and it’s just border-radius

      in retrospect that was kinda unfair to Microsoft, they added a bunch of telemetry and spying stuff too

      netzblockierer@tech.lgbtN 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

        "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

        Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

        xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
        xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
        xeno@snug.moe
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #29

        @phlip mmm candy

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • citrusui@mastodon.socialC citrusui@mastodon.social

          @guenther @phlip this is so true but i hate this assertion because i made a unique digital art thing with multi colored shadows 1 year ago and an acquaintance said it looked like a startup's logo ☹️

          acmeworks@social.tchncs.deA This user is from outside of this forum
          acmeworks@social.tchncs.deA This user is from outside of this forum
          acmeworks@social.tchncs.de
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #30

          @citrusui @guenther @phlip animated colored shadows...

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • xeno@snug.moeX xeno@snug.moe

            @phlip lol I remember there was a meme that was like “someone leaked the source code for windows 11” and it’s just border-radius

            in retrospect that was kinda unfair to Microsoft, they added a bunch of telemetry and spying stuff too

            netzblockierer@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
            netzblockierer@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
            netzblockierer@tech.lgbt
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #31

            @xeno @phlip and more #Govware #Backdoors…

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

              I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

              #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

              maestrafenix@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
              maestrafenix@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
              maestrafenix@chaos.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #32

              @phlip gradients everywhere
              Gotta hit the vibes that we are making stuff with AI slop ✨️

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                mage@eldritch.cafeM This user is from outside of this forum
                mage@eldritch.cafeM This user is from outside of this forum
                mage@eldritch.cafe
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #33

                @phlip are border-radius trends following the baggy/tight pants trends ?

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                  I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                  #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                  sudo200@layer8.spaceS This user is from outside of this forum
                  sudo200@layer8.spaceS This user is from outside of this forum
                  sudo200@layer8.space
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #34

                  @phlip

                  I'm glad they're all doing that.
                  I hurt myself on those sharp edges so many times. /jk

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                    "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                    Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                    dofain@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                    dofain@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                    dofain@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #35

                    @phlip next step: replace text with hieroglyphs

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • efi@chitter.xyzE efi@chitter.xyz

                      @phlip if you have Stylus installed in firefox(-like) you can just * {border-radius: 0;} and it looks fine lol

                      rainbowfrog@mastodon.topR This user is from outside of this forum
                      rainbowfrog@mastodon.topR This user is from outside of this forum
                      rainbowfrog@mastodon.top
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #36

                      @efi @phlip

                      or about:config disable nova.browser 😉

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                        I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                        #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                        rainbowfrog@mastodon.topR This user is from outside of this forum
                        rainbowfrog@mastodon.topR This user is from outside of this forum
                        rainbowfrog@mastodon.top
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #37

                        @phlip

                        at least, Firefox lets you disable it 😐

                        randamumaki@mstdn.socialR 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                          "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                          Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                          madengineering@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                          madengineering@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                          madengineering@hachyderm.io
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #38

                          @phlip In the name of all that's holy, why.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                            I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                            #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                            nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
                            nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
                            nieuemma@mastodon.de
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #39

                            @phlip Qutebrowser is my friend

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

                              @phlip That's a sausage I don't want to know how it got made. But... it's "AI", isn't it?

                              follpvosten@karp.lolF This user is from outside of this forum
                              follpvosten@karp.lolF This user is from outside of this forum
                              follpvosten@karp.lol
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #40

                              @muddle @phlip no AI, only border radius

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                kroppeb@tech.lgbtK This user is from outside of this forum
                                kroppeb@tech.lgbtK This user is from outside of this forum
                                kroppeb@tech.lgbt
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #41

                                @phlip Actually, those corners are too round. Our latest modernization involved less rounded corners.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • aud@spectre.asta.lgbtA aud@spectre.asta.lgbt

                                  @phlip I've seen the future, friend, and it's squircles and rectarcles alllll the way down

                                  fugueish@wandering.shopF This user is from outside of this forum
                                  fugueish@wandering.shopF This user is from outside of this forum
                                  fugueish@wandering.shop
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #42

                                  @aud @phlip until some genius invents the trapezorcle

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                    "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                                    Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                                    primavera@void.lgbtP This user is from outside of this forum
                                    primavera@void.lgbtP This user is from outside of this forum
                                    primavera@void.lgbt
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #43
                                    @phlip I can live with this
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                      I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                      #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                      xenogon@sunny.gardenX This user is from outside of this forum
                                      xenogon@sunny.gardenX This user is from outside of this forum
                                      xenogon@sunny.garden
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #44

                                      @phlip Oh no, I'm going to have to tell my partner that the carefully designed round corners on her 10+ year old fully hand-coded personal website are now a indicator of AI. She's already cross enough about em dash appropriation.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                        "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                                        Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                                        sequentialsnep@meow.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                                        sequentialsnep@meow.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                                        sequentialsnep@meow.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #45

                                        @phlip candy wrapper UI!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                          I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                          #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                          nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                                          nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                                          nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.social
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #46

                                          @phlip You forgot transparency and blurring effects.

                                          Adding transparency and blurring effects makes everything professional, right?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper