Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
firefoxmastodonandsomanyothers
50 Indlæg 45 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

    I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

    #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

    nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
    nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
    nieuemma@mastodon.de
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #39

    @phlip Qutebrowser is my friend

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

      @phlip That's a sausage I don't want to know how it got made. But... it's "AI", isn't it?

      follpvosten@karp.lolF This user is from outside of this forum
      follpvosten@karp.lolF This user is from outside of this forum
      follpvosten@karp.lol
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #40

      @muddle @phlip no AI, only border radius

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

        I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

        #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

        kroppeb@tech.lgbtK This user is from outside of this forum
        kroppeb@tech.lgbtK This user is from outside of this forum
        kroppeb@tech.lgbt
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #41

        @phlip Actually, those corners are too round. Our latest modernization involved less rounded corners.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • aud@spectre.asta.lgbtA aud@spectre.asta.lgbt

          @phlip I've seen the future, friend, and it's squircles and rectarcles alllll the way down

          fugueish@wandering.shopF This user is from outside of this forum
          fugueish@wandering.shopF This user is from outside of this forum
          fugueish@wandering.shop
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #42

          @aud @phlip until some genius invents the trapezorcle

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

            "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

            Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

            primavera@void.lgbtP This user is from outside of this forum
            primavera@void.lgbtP This user is from outside of this forum
            primavera@void.lgbt
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #43
            @phlip I can live with this
            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

              I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

              #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

              xenogon@sunny.gardenX This user is from outside of this forum
              xenogon@sunny.gardenX This user is from outside of this forum
              xenogon@sunny.garden
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #44

              @phlip Oh no, I'm going to have to tell my partner that the carefully designed round corners on her 10+ year old fully hand-coded personal website are now a indicator of AI. She's already cross enough about em dash appropriation.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                sequentialsnep@meow.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                sequentialsnep@meow.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                sequentialsnep@meow.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #45

                @phlip candy wrapper UI!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                  I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                  #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                  nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                  nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                  nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #46

                  @phlip You forgot transparency and blurring effects.

                  Adding transparency and blurring effects makes everything professional, right?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                    I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                    #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                    raphael@post.lurk.orgR This user is from outside of this forum
                    raphael@post.lurk.orgR This user is from outside of this forum
                    raphael@post.lurk.org
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #47

                    @phlip @despens

                    doriane@post.lurk.orgD 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • rainbowfrog@mastodon.topR rainbowfrog@mastodon.top

                      @phlip

                      at least, Firefox lets you disable it 😐

                      randamumaki@mstdn.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                      randamumaki@mstdn.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                      randamumaki@mstdn.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #48

                      @RainbowFrog @phlip Until they don't anymore in a future update. These things are always going to end up with people being forced to make the switch eventually. They don't take negative feedback serious.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                        I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                        #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                        moule@mastodon.moule.worldM This user is from outside of this forum
                        moule@mastodon.moule.worldM This user is from outside of this forum
                        moule@mastodon.moule.world
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #49

                        @phlip I can imagine some designers will purposely make their UIs spikier instead of rounder to protest this.

                        UI Kiki vs. UI Bouba.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • raphael@post.lurk.orgR raphael@post.lurk.org

                          @phlip @despens

                          doriane@post.lurk.orgD This user is from outside of this forum
                          doriane@post.lurk.orgD This user is from outside of this forum
                          doriane@post.lurk.org
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #50

                          @raphael @phlip @despens

                          trying stylus extension with

                          *{
                          border-radius: 0 !important;
                          }

                          on every websites for a few days. surprised i never did this before. what's feeling the most funny is back to squared profile pictures on every website, and also messaging conversation with where messages feels like solid block instead of bubble, like every sentence is dropping a stone.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                          Svar
                          • Svar som emne
                          Login for at svare
                          • Ældste til nyeste
                          • Nyeste til ældste
                          • Most Votes


                          • Log ind

                          • Login or register to search.
                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Hjem
                          • Seneste
                          • Etiketter
                          • Populære
                          • Verden
                          • Bruger
                          • Grupper