I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip Actually, those corners are too round. Our latest modernization involved less rounded corners.
-
@phlip I've seen the future, friend, and it's squircles and rectarcles alllll the way down
-
"But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"
Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:
@phlip I can live with this -
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip Oh no, I'm going to have to tell my partner that the carefully designed round corners on her 10+ year old fully hand-coded personal website are now a indicator of AI. She's already cross enough about em dash appropriation.
-
"But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"
Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:
@phlip candy wrapper UI!
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip You forgot transparency and blurring effects.
Adding transparency and blurring effects makes everything professional, right?
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
-
at least, Firefox lets you disable it

@RainbowFrog @phlip Until they don't anymore in a future update. These things are always going to end up with people being forced to make the switch eventually. They don't take negative feedback serious.
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip I can imagine some designers will purposely make their UIs spikier instead of rounder to protest this.
UI Kiki vs. UI Bouba.
-
trying stylus extension with
*{
border-radius: 0 !important;
}on every websites for a few days. surprised i never did this before. what's feeling the most funny is back to squared profile pictures on every website, and also messaging conversation with where messages feels like solid block instead of bubble, like every sentence is dropping a stone.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic