Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Testdriving Thunderbird (actually Betterbird) & it works fine, but it looks like some kind of 90's holdover corporate backend database thing...

Testdriving Thunderbird (actually Betterbird) & it works fine, but it looks like some kind of 90's holdover corporate backend database thing...

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
tech
10 Indlæg 3 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
    jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
    jwcph@helvede.net
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    RE: https://helvede.net/@jwcph/117416982549972515

    Testdriving Thunderbird (actually Betterbird) & it works fine, but it looks like some kind of 90's holdover corporate backend database thing...

    What I'm saying is, it's fuck-ugly & the interface controls are ridiculous & insufficient.

    Any other ones I should try?

    #ux #tech

    simonjust@mstdn.dkS wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

      RE: https://helvede.net/@jwcph/117416982549972515

      Testdriving Thunderbird (actually Betterbird) & it works fine, but it looks like some kind of 90's holdover corporate backend database thing...

      What I'm saying is, it's fuck-ugly & the interface controls are ridiculous & insufficient.

      Any other ones I should try?

      #ux #tech

      simonjust@mstdn.dkS This user is from outside of this forum
      simonjust@mstdn.dkS This user is from outside of this forum
      simonjust@mstdn.dk
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      @jwcph Why judge a program by its looks and not by its functionality?

      jwcph@helvede.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • simonjust@mstdn.dkS simonjust@mstdn.dk

        @jwcph Why judge a program by its looks and not by its functionality?

        jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
        jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
        jwcph@helvede.net
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @simonjust Because appearance = UX = functionality & also because I'm a design nerd 😁

        simonjust@mstdn.dkS 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

          @simonjust Because appearance = UX = functionality & also because I'm a design nerd 😁

          simonjust@mstdn.dkS This user is from outside of this forum
          simonjust@mstdn.dkS This user is from outside of this forum
          simonjust@mstdn.dk
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @jwcph I agree, yet I sometimes encounter pretty apps that has forgotten its keyboard shortcuts

          jwcph@helvede.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • simonjust@mstdn.dkS simonjust@mstdn.dk

            @jwcph I agree, yet I sometimes encounter pretty apps that has forgotten its keyboard shortcuts

            jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
            jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
            jwcph@helvede.net
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @simonjust Surely - but ugly apps will most certainly do that sometimes, too.

            jwcph@helvede.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

              RE: https://helvede.net/@jwcph/117416982549972515

              Testdriving Thunderbird (actually Betterbird) & it works fine, but it looks like some kind of 90's holdover corporate backend database thing...

              What I'm saying is, it's fuck-ugly & the interface controls are ridiculous & insufficient.

              Any other ones I should try?

              #ux #tech

              wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW This user is from outside of this forum
              wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW This user is from outside of this forum
              wifiwits@infosec.exchange
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              @jwcph I haven’t got on with it terribly well, but also haven’t found anything better. I’ve run my own email server for the last few years so don’t have the same removal of service concerns… on clients I miss apple mail for simplicity and clean design - haven’t had a Mac for a few years now.

              wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW jwcph@helvede.netJ 2 Replies Last reply
              0
              • wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW wifiwits@infosec.exchange

                @jwcph I haven’t got on with it terribly well, but also haven’t found anything better. I’ve run my own email server for the last few years so don’t have the same removal of service concerns… on clients I miss apple mail for simplicity and clean design - haven’t had a Mac for a few years now.

                wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW This user is from outside of this forum
                wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW This user is from outside of this forum
                wifiwits@infosec.exchange
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #7

                @jwcph I found everything that offered the same simplicity and clean design also didn’t work properly in some important way.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW wifiwits@infosec.exchange

                  @jwcph I haven’t got on with it terribly well, but also haven’t found anything better. I’ve run my own email server for the last few years so don’t have the same removal of service concerns… on clients I miss apple mail for simplicity and clean design - haven’t had a Mac for a few years now.

                  jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jwcph@helvede.net
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #8

                  @Wifiwits I'm trying to avoid Big Tech™️ & therefore I wasn't going to use Apple Mail, but I just gave it a whirl & I can't even verify my StartMail account.... I also can't test drive MailBird for the same reason, leading me to suspect it's some MacOS security theater bullshit that gets in the way of making my own decisions but doesn't actually keep me safe 🙄

                  - which Thunder/Betterbird somehow isn't subject to, so yay for that, but fuuuuuuck me, why does it have to be this way!? 🤬

                  wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  0
                  • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                  • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

                    @simonjust Surely - but ugly apps will most certainly do that sometimes, too.

                    jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    jwcph@helvede.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    jwcph@helvede.net
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #9

                    @simonjust Also, I just discovered that Thunder/Betterbird search is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life 🤬😱🤮 I literally thought I'd opened some developer interface by mistake.

                    Since I use search a lot this is going to be a dealbreaker - I simply have to get something better than this nonsense, apparently designed by an alien who is also insane & hates me personally.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    0
                    • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net

                      @Wifiwits I'm trying to avoid Big Tech™️ & therefore I wasn't going to use Apple Mail, but I just gave it a whirl & I can't even verify my StartMail account.... I also can't test drive MailBird for the same reason, leading me to suspect it's some MacOS security theater bullshit that gets in the way of making my own decisions but doesn't actually keep me safe 🙄

                      - which Thunder/Betterbird somehow isn't subject to, so yay for that, but fuuuuuuck me, why does it have to be this way!? 🤬

                      wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW This user is from outside of this forum
                      wifiwits@infosec.exchangeW This user is from outside of this forum
                      wifiwits@infosec.exchange
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #10

                      @jwcph that we still have a plethora of email clients that fundamentally don’t work is slightly baffling.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      Svar
                      • Svar som emne
                      Login for at svare
                      • Ældste til nyeste
                      • Nyeste til ældste
                      • Most Votes


                      • Log ind

                      • Login or register to search.
                      Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                      Graciously hosted by data.coop
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Hjem
                      • Seneste
                      • Etiketter
                      • Populære
                      • Verden
                      • Bruger
                      • Grupper