Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
linuxaskfedinoainollmantiai
14 Indlæg 8 Posters 16 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

    @vvbudh The main problem is laptop support and this wonderful thing (/s) called Nvidia.

    vvbudh@climatejustice.socialV This user is from outside of this forum
    vvbudh@climatejustice.socialV This user is from outside of this forum
    vvbudh@climatejustice.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #4

    @thesupertechie gah! 😩 good luck. 🫡

    thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

      Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

      I know Elementary/Pantheon have said they won't.

      EDIT: the problem is made more complex by the fact that my laptop has an Nvidia card, and if I understand correctly, NetBSD (the anti-AI BSD) doesn't support Nvidia. I'm honestly keeping an eye on Redox OS.

      #linux #askfedi #noai #nollm #antiai #antillm

      airikr@mst-gts.airikr.meA This user is from outside of this forum
      airikr@mst-gts.airikr.meA This user is from outside of this forum
      airikr@mst-gts.airikr.me
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #5

      @thesupertechie I have a faint memory of reading that EndeavourOS will not stand with AI in their system. But when I did a internet search, I couldn't find anything.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

        Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

        I know Elementary/Pantheon have said they won't.

        EDIT: the problem is made more complex by the fact that my laptop has an Nvidia card, and if I understand correctly, NetBSD (the anti-AI BSD) doesn't support Nvidia. I'm honestly keeping an eye on Redox OS.

        #linux #askfedi #noai #nollm #antiai #antillm

        korbs@social.sudovanilla.orgK This user is from outside of this forum
        korbs@social.sudovanilla.orgK This user is from outside of this forum
        korbs@social.sudovanilla.org
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #6

        @thesupertechie https://www.newinlinux.com/ai-free-linux-distros-open-source-operating-systems/

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

          Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

          I know Elementary/Pantheon have said they won't.

          EDIT: the problem is made more complex by the fact that my laptop has an Nvidia card, and if I understand correctly, NetBSD (the anti-AI BSD) doesn't support Nvidia. I'm honestly keeping an eye on Redox OS.

          #linux #askfedi #noai #nollm #antiai #antillm

          mxchara@cyberpunk.lolM This user is from outside of this forum
          mxchara@cyberpunk.lolM This user is from outside of this forum
          mxchara@cyberpunk.lol
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #7

          @thesupertechie there's Gentoo and the derivative Redcore, I understand

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

            Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

            I know Elementary/Pantheon have said they won't.

            EDIT: the problem is made more complex by the fact that my laptop has an Nvidia card, and if I understand correctly, NetBSD (the anti-AI BSD) doesn't support Nvidia. I'm honestly keeping an eye on Redox OS.

            #linux #askfedi #noai #nollm #antiai #antillm

            msdropbear42@infosec.spaceM This user is from outside of this forum
            msdropbear42@infosec.spaceM This user is from outside of this forum
            msdropbear42@infosec.space
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #8

            @thesupertechie prolly depends on what you actually mean here. afaict all linux distros are now tainted by definition, given linus has allowed slopbottery in the kernels... so even if there is some unicorn distro that has vowed no slopbottery [eg, gentoo, elementary], they already begin behind the eightball via the kernels.

            however, then consider the impact on downstream distros by the choices made of their upstreams. take elementaryOS... aren't they downstream of debian via ubuntu? if so / as such, how do they avoid being enslopified, despite their own fine ethical policy?

            afaict, those of us vehemently against the scourge of gen-ai are fast losing this struggle, alas

            #DropbearPooterising #Linux #LinuxWomen #FOSS #FuckGenerativeAI #FuckSlopbots #AntiAI #NoAI

            thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

              Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

              I know Elementary/Pantheon have said they won't.

              EDIT: the problem is made more complex by the fact that my laptop has an Nvidia card, and if I understand correctly, NetBSD (the anti-AI BSD) doesn't support Nvidia. I'm honestly keeping an eye on Redox OS.

              #linux #askfedi #noai #nollm #antiai #antillm

              avak5@equestria.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
              avak5@equestria.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
              avak5@equestria.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #9

              @thesupertechie Not trying to be that guy, just wondering what to do when the kernel itself accepts AI...

              thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • vvbudh@climatejustice.socialV vvbudh@climatejustice.social

                @thesupertechie gah! 😩 good luck. 🫡

                thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #10

                @vvbudh I've edited my post to make my problems more obvious.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • avak5@equestria.socialA avak5@equestria.social

                  @thesupertechie Not trying to be that guy, just wondering what to do when the kernel itself accepts AI...

                  thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                  thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                  thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #11

                  @avak5 I'd at least like to be able to reduce the slop in my system...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space

                    Anyone know of any Linux desktops/distros that have said that they won't use AI?

                    I know Elementary/Pantheon have said they won't.

                    EDIT: the problem is made more complex by the fact that my laptop has an Nvidia card, and if I understand correctly, NetBSD (the anti-AI BSD) doesn't support Nvidia. I'm honestly keeping an eye on Redox OS.

                    #linux #askfedi #noai #nollm #antiai #antillm

                    riverpunk@defcon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                    riverpunk@defcon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                    riverpunk@defcon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #12

                    @thesupertechie I believe Arch has a generally anti-AI stance, although I'm not sure how formalized in writing it is, or how much they enforce it in particular.

                    thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • riverpunk@defcon.socialR riverpunk@defcon.social

                      @thesupertechie I believe Arch has a generally anti-AI stance, although I'm not sure how formalized in writing it is, or how much they enforce it in particular.

                      thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                      thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                      thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #13

                      @riverpunk Yeah, when I last was on Arch, I don't think it was very clear...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • msdropbear42@infosec.spaceM msdropbear42@infosec.space

                        @thesupertechie prolly depends on what you actually mean here. afaict all linux distros are now tainted by definition, given linus has allowed slopbottery in the kernels... so even if there is some unicorn distro that has vowed no slopbottery [eg, gentoo, elementary], they already begin behind the eightball via the kernels.

                        however, then consider the impact on downstream distros by the choices made of their upstreams. take elementaryOS... aren't they downstream of debian via ubuntu? if so / as such, how do they avoid being enslopified, despite their own fine ethical policy?

                        afaict, those of us vehemently against the scourge of gen-ai are fast losing this struggle, alas

                        #DropbearPooterising #Linux #LinuxWomen #FOSS #FuckGenerativeAI #FuckSlopbots #AntiAI #NoAI

                        thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                        thesupertechie@lgbtqia.spaceT This user is from outside of this forum
                        thesupertechie@lgbtqia.space
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #14

                        @MsDropbear42 I'm aware that the kernel is now tainted by definition; I'd just like to reduce the slop until options like NetBSD or Redox become more viable.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                        Svar
                        • Svar som emne
                        Login for at svare
                        • Ældste til nyeste
                        • Nyeste til ældste
                        • Most Votes


                        • Log ind

                        • Login or register to search.
                        Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                        Graciously hosted by data.coop
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Hjem
                        • Seneste
                        • Etiketter
                        • Populære
                        • Verden
                        • Bruger
                        • Grupper