Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    @JoscelynTransient That's why I take weed! Gotta reduce the thoughts down to something manageable.

    Sorry you got shafted at work. 💗
    I hope someone appreciates you properly soon.

    madargon@is-a.catM This user is from outside of this forum
    madargon@is-a.catM This user is from outside of this forum
    madargon@is-a.cat
    wrote on sidst redigeret af
    #118

    @Artists_Ali @JoscelynTransient so it's somehow expected? I had an opportunity few times when someone shared weed with me and it was so noticeable difference. Suddenly all chaotic, often stress and anxiety related thoughts stopped. I was able to... just relax? Sit peacefully without worrying.

    Few years ago I realized how much "debuff" this always busy mind is, when I want to learn meditation. Like my starting point is worse than average.
    And I don't even have ADHD, I am just very nervous, permanently scared about anything since forever and always in that grey zone before depression.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

      _a1m4_@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
      _a1m4_@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
      _a1m4_@mastodon.social
      wrote on sidst redigeret af
      #119

      @Artists_Ali As someone who went through a difficult period of anxiety and rumination, i completely agree...

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

        M This user is from outside of this forum
        M This user is from outside of this forum
        mopsman@social.vivaldi.net
        wrote on sidst redigeret af
        #120

        @Artists_Ali I love that advice and will share it with pleasure

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

          anniebuddy@thecanadian.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
          anniebuddy@thecanadian.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
          anniebuddy@thecanadian.social
          wrote on sidst redigeret af
          #121

          @Artists_Ali

          He’s marketing this to the thoughts and prayers people. Those who are so mindless they can’t think of anything else to say when they’re faced with yet another tragedy.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

            inverseatascii@techhub.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
            inverseatascii@techhub.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
            inverseatascii@techhub.social
            wrote on sidst redigeret af
            #122

            @Artists_Ali hard pass here

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
              quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
              quinn@social.circl.lu
              wrote on sidst redigeret af
              #123

              @stefanie @Artists_Ali why not get a diagnosis? It generally comes with suggestions and treatments.

              quinn@social.circl.luQ S 2 Replies Last reply
              0
              • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                @stefanie @Artists_Ali why not get a diagnosis? It generally comes with suggestions and treatments.

                quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                quinn@social.circl.lu
                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                #124

                @stefanie @Artists_Ali and yeah, EDS is the your collagen sucks disease.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                  @stefanie @Artists_Ali why not get a diagnosis? It generally comes with suggestions and treatments.

                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                  stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                  #125

                  @quinn @Artists_Ali because of the medical system here. I've seen what happens. Finding a therapist is already almost impossible, let alone one that is specialized in trauma.
                  And once you have any psychiatric diagnosis on file, every doctor can see that and will see anything you ever have as psychosomatic.

                  The german medical system is completely broken, even more so for anything psychiatric/psychological.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                    quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                    quinn@social.circl.lu
                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                    #126

                    @stefanie @Artists_Ali when I've dealt with such people I usually impart some of my experience in terms of shared trauma. It doesn't always work, but a trauma shared is a trauma halved or something I guess. 😂

                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                      @stefanie @Artists_Ali when I've dealt with such people I usually impart some of my experience in terms of shared trauma. It doesn't always work, but a trauma shared is a trauma halved or something I guess. 😂

                      S This user is from outside of this forum
                      S This user is from outside of this forum
                      stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                      #127

                      @quinn @Artists_Ali I've already seen too much with being trans. Didn't find a therapist for that either, have to do transition on my own dime with no support, and have had quite a few times when doctors wanted to refuse to treat me for completely unrelated things, just because I'm trans.
                      If I get a psychiatric diagnosis on top of that, I loose any chance to get anything treated if something happens.
                      And our government is working overtime to make it even worse.
                      I'm better off on my own.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • david_chisnall@infosec.exchangeD david_chisnall@infosec.exchange

                        @Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!

                        mathew@universeodon.comM This user is from outside of this forum
                        mathew@universeodon.comM This user is from outside of this forum
                        mathew@universeodon.com
                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                        #128

                        @david_chisnall @Artists_Ali I have Mastodon for that.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • carlita@tkz.oneC This user is from outside of this forum
                          carlita@tkz.oneC This user is from outside of this forum
                          carlita@tkz.one
                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                          #129

                          @Artists_Ali Here, buried in the rubble of my thousand thoughts per second, I agree with you.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • momo@social.linux.pizzaM momo@social.linux.pizza

                            @Artists_Ali
                            Wanna hear an example? My best friend committed suicide and when I learned about it my brain went into overdrive. When was the point in the process where death was the unavoidable result of his action. How long was he alive after that (7.8 seconds in his case). How does it feel to hit the ground and die? How does it feel to change your mind but can't change the result for the last 7.8 seconds of your life?

                            This though spiral comes automatically. It's one of the 1000 thoughs in my head. I have to actively suppress them for 12 years now. If not, I will fall into despair and another depression.

                            When I say you do not want this, I mean stuff like this. Because you have no direct control over this.

                            helianthropy@tech.lgbtH This user is from outside of this forum
                            helianthropy@tech.lgbtH This user is from outside of this forum
                            helianthropy@tech.lgbt
                            wrote on sidst redigeret af
                            #130

                            @momo 😔

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                              quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                              quinn@social.circl.lu
                              wrote on sidst redigeret af
                              #131

                              @stefanie @Artists_Ali you're best off in community ❤️

                              S 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                axx@mstdn.frA This user is from outside of this forum
                                axx@mstdn.frA This user is from outside of this forum
                                axx@mstdn.fr
                                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                #132

                                @Artists_Ali As a mostly neurotypical person who cares a whole lot about and spends much time with a person with an ADHD brain, even i can see that more thoughts is just exhausting.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                                  @stefanie @Artists_Ali you're best off in community ❤️

                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                  #133

                                  @quinn @Artists_Ali I believe you. And I wish I could say I know. But I never found a community where I felt accepted, let alone welcome.
                                  Other than the open workshop I've been going to recently. Maybe I finally found a place.

                                  Just as our government is about to force me to leave the country. Loneliness is the one consequence of cptsd that I'm unable to overcome. 46 years, not a single real relationship, 1 friend left.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • a_cubed@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                                    a_cubed@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                                    a_cubed@mastodon.social
                                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                    #134

                                    @JoscelynTransient
                                    You is a goose?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      quinn@social.circl.lu
                                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                      #135

                                      @stefanie @Artists_Ali the trick that has worked for me was finding ways to be of service to others, Volunteering in whatever way possible, giving time and work and help as much as possible, being reliable and available. It's not instantaneous, but it's what makes a life work, and what makes bonds with others. And if you can't stand people, there's aways animal shelters 😄

                                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                                        @stefanie @Artists_Ali the trick that has worked for me was finding ways to be of service to others, Volunteering in whatever way possible, giving time and work and help as much as possible, being reliable and available. It's not instantaneous, but it's what makes a life work, and what makes bonds with others. And if you can't stand people, there's aways animal shelters 😄

                                        S This user is from outside of this forum
                                        S This user is from outside of this forum
                                        stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                        #136

                                        @quinn @Artists_Ali That's exactly what I'm doing at the open workshop. Offering help whenever I can, trying to be the best version of me I can be.
                                        And it seems to be working. I've already been invited to a birthday party next weekend.
                                        I'm a little worried that something might trigger my dysregulation and I might not catch it early enough to escape without causing social damage.
                                        But that's a risk I have to take.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          robotdiver@starlite.rodeoR This user is from outside of this forum
                                          robotdiver@starlite.rodeoR This user is from outside of this forum
                                          robotdiver@starlite.rodeo
                                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                          #137

                                          @Artists_Ali

                                          This made me scream inside, amidst the rest of my thoughts.

                                          joshua@hooray.computerJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper