Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

    flup@mastodon.scotF This user is from outside of this forum
    flup@mastodon.scotF This user is from outside of this forum
    flup@mastodon.scot
    wrote on sidst redigeret af
    #150

    @Artists_Ali If computers started learning from the inside of my head, they’d craft an elaborate emergency stop button before smacking it as hard as it could.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • svavar@masto.svavar.comS This user is from outside of this forum
      svavar@masto.svavar.comS This user is from outside of this forum
      svavar@masto.svavar.com
      wrote on sidst redigeret af
      #151

      @JoscelynTransient @Artists_Ali

      Same with alcohol. I’ve also been fired and reprimanded for sharing my thoughts on how I think leadership is inept and not interested in fixing issues or doing good work.

      These narcissists would flip their shit if everyone came to them with 1000x more thoughts about how things should be done, which is why I think we should do it (minus the brain implant).

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

        shadowfals@toot.catS This user is from outside of this forum
        shadowfals@toot.catS This user is from outside of this forum
        shadowfals@toot.cat
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #152

        @Artists_Ali you went fungal! 🍄

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • hsza@social.tudbut.deH hsza@social.tudbut.de

          @Artists_Ali AI executives do not understand thinking more =/= thinking better. …that kinda sums up the craze, actually

          cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC This user is from outside of this forum
          cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC This user is from outside of this forum
          cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyz
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #153

          @hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden ... yeah that's. exactly the problem yeah

          cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyz

            @hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden ... yeah that's. exactly the problem yeah

            cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC This user is from outside of this forum
            cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC This user is from outside of this forum
            cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyz
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #154

            @hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden oh lmao that post is three months old

            hsza@social.tudbut.deH 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyz

              @hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden oh lmao that post is three months old

              hsza@social.tudbut.deH This user is from outside of this forum
              hsza@social.tudbut.deH This user is from outside of this forum
              hsza@social.tudbut.de
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #155

              @Cyborus @Artists_Ali still relevant

              cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • hsza@social.tudbut.deH hsza@social.tudbut.de

                @Cyborus @Artists_Ali still relevant

                cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC This user is from outside of this forum
                cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyzC This user is from outside of this forum
                cyborus@social.cartoon-aa.xyz
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #156

                @hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden 😔

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                  zarkonnen@mastodon.socialZ This user is from outside of this forum
                  zarkonnen@mastodon.socialZ This user is from outside of this forum
                  zarkonnen@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #157

                  @Artists_Ali This is like the "we only use x% of our brain" nonsense. Do you want a seizure?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                    annehargreaves@ioc.exchangeA This user is from outside of this forum
                    annehargreaves@ioc.exchangeA This user is from outside of this forum
                    annehargreaves@ioc.exchange
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #158

                    @Artists_Ali ffs

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                      irisdessine@piaille.frI This user is from outside of this forum
                      irisdessine@piaille.frI This user is from outside of this forum
                      irisdessine@piaille.fr
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #159

                      @Artists_Ali can I share and translate in french, please? Because I find this very accurate 😅

                      artists_ali@sunny.gardenA 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                        tompearce49@mastodon.scotT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tompearce49@mastodon.scotT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tompearce49@mastodon.scot
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #160

                        @Artists_Ali
                        Plenty of unwanted thoughts here. If anyone's short of a thought or two, happy to donate the surplus!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                          robotistry@fediscience.orgR This user is from outside of this forum
                          robotistry@fediscience.orgR This user is from outside of this forum
                          robotistry@fediscience.org
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #161

                          @Artists_Ali Technically neurotypical here. What kind of thoughts?

                          I have spent years trying to capture and document the implications of just one idea. Trying to translate that idea into a form other people can understand, Kuhn was right that the core challenge of a major insight is communicating it.

                          I have reams of hard copy scrolls of art paper because the diagrams and connections I was seeing needed long, complicated diagrams.

                          I once printed out 14 linear feet of flow charts so I could attach them to a wall of white boards and draw on them, because I couldn't hold the whole thing in my mind at once and I needed to take advantage of the way our brains can use the physical world as backup RAM.

                          I mean, if your thoughts are on the order of "What should I have for dinner?" then maybe 20 thoughts might be manageable.

                          But if you're trying to handle the deep intensive thoughts that create the big endorphin rush of problem solving and insight?

                          You won't get those endorphins by managing and prioritizing 1000 thoughts.

                          I'm beginning to think these people have an addiction problem. They don't seem to be able to grasp that sometimes more isn't better.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                            naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                            naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                            naturemc@mastodon.online
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #162

                            @Artists_Ali I think that *nobody* wants what fascist AI cultists dream! Especially not the thoughts they want us to have!

                            #TESCREAL #techbros #AICult

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • ophis@brain.worm.pinkO ophis@brain.worm.pink
                              @itsmaya @sinvega @Artists_Ali maybe it'll actually improve them (explode lethally)
                              naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                              naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                              naturemc@mastodon.online
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #163

                              @ophis If not, we ask Musk and Bezos flying together with them to Mars very soon.😈

                              @sinvega@mas.to @itsmaya @Artists_Ali

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                Most of those thoughts are going to be really stupid or irritating!

                                100% for sure.

                                bazkie@beige.partyB This user is from outside of this forum
                                bazkie@beige.partyB This user is from outside of this forum
                                bazkie@beige.party
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #164

                                @Artists_Ali and they WILL contain ads 😬

                                fckusa@mastodon.socialF 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                  confuseacat@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                  confuseacat@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                  confuseacat@mastodon.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #165

                                  @Artists_Ali neurotypical or not quite typical or whatever, this strongly hints at two facts: 1) he doesn't know what "thought" means and 2) he doesn't know what "1000 times more" means.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • forestine@sunny.gardenF forestine@sunny.garden

                                    @Artists_Ali my biggest post was also about ai lol

                                    dolanor@hachyderm.ioD This user is from outside of this forum
                                    dolanor@hachyderm.ioD This user is from outside of this forum
                                    dolanor@hachyderm.io
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #166

                                    @forestine @Artists_Ali mine was on linkedin, a screenshot of a mastodon snarky comment about a screenshot of a Twitter user saying how he nuked his whole home folder by letting claude do some lazy work.

                                    50k impressions.

                                    When I tell people to look at great stuff, I get 300 views. Once it's AI, it goes big.

                                    And I got brain damaged people comment saying 1 word: fake.

                                    AI is turning people into MAGA brainrot zombies.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                      catzilla@toot.catC This user is from outside of this forum
                                      catzilla@toot.catC This user is from outside of this forum
                                      catzilla@toot.cat
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #167

                                      @Artists_Ali @coral I just had a night where I struggled falling asleep because I had 1000 times too many thoughts

                                      I would like a device that would turn off my many thoughts when I’m trying to fall asleep please. Not the opposite, and now I know how people sleep so well.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • arclight@oldbytes.spaceA arclight@oldbytes.space

                                        @Artists_Ali My brain is too noisy as it is. Why the hell would I flood it with random mediocre thoughts averaged over a training set? If I wanted that I'd watch network television.

                                        dogfox@kpop.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                        dogfox@kpop.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                        dogfox@kpop.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #168

                                        I almost spit my coffee!

                                        @arclight @Artists_Ali

                                        arclight@oldbytes.spaceA 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

                                          ozzelot@mstdn.socialO This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ozzelot@mstdn.socialO This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ozzelot@mstdn.social
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #169

                                          @Artists_Ali
                                          woolly even

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper