I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
@Artists_Ali AI executives do not understand thinking more =/= thinking better. …that kinda sums up the craze, actually
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden ... yeah that's. exactly the problem yeah
-
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden ... yeah that's. exactly the problem yeah
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden oh lmao that post is three months old
-
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden oh lmao that post is three months old
@Cyborus @Artists_Ali still relevant
-
@Cyborus @Artists_Ali still relevant
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali This is like the "we only use x% of our brain" nonsense. Do you want a seizure?
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali ffs
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali can I share and translate in french, please? Because I find this very accurate

-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali
Plenty of unwanted thoughts here. If anyone's short of a thought or two, happy to donate the surplus! -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali Technically neurotypical here. What kind of thoughts?
I have spent years trying to capture and document the implications of just one idea. Trying to translate that idea into a form other people can understand, Kuhn was right that the core challenge of a major insight is communicating it.
I have reams of hard copy scrolls of art paper because the diagrams and connections I was seeing needed long, complicated diagrams.
I once printed out 14 linear feet of flow charts so I could attach them to a wall of white boards and draw on them, because I couldn't hold the whole thing in my mind at once and I needed to take advantage of the way our brains can use the physical world as backup RAM.
I mean, if your thoughts are on the order of "What should I have for dinner?" then maybe 20 thoughts might be manageable.
But if you're trying to handle the deep intensive thoughts that create the big endorphin rush of problem solving and insight?
You won't get those endorphins by managing and prioritizing 1000 thoughts.
I'm beginning to think these people have an addiction problem. They don't seem to be able to grasp that sometimes more isn't better.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali I think that *nobody* wants what fascist AI cultists dream! Especially not the thoughts they want us to have!
-
@ophis If not, we ask Musk and Bezos flying together with them to Mars very soon.

-
Most of those thoughts are going to be really stupid or irritating!
100% for sure.
@Artists_Ali and they WILL contain ads

-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali neurotypical or not quite typical or whatever, this strongly hints at two facts: 1) he doesn't know what "thought" means and 2) he doesn't know what "1000 times more" means.
-
@Artists_Ali my biggest post was also about ai lol
@forestine @Artists_Ali mine was on linkedin, a screenshot of a mastodon snarky comment about a screenshot of a Twitter user saying how he nuked his whole home folder by letting claude do some lazy work.
50k impressions.
When I tell people to look at great stuff, I get 300 views. Once it's AI, it goes big.
And I got brain damaged people comment saying 1 word: fake.
AI is turning people into MAGA brainrot zombies.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali @coral I just had a night where I struggled falling asleep because I had 1000 times too many thoughts
I would like a device that would turn off my many thoughts when I’m trying to fall asleep please. Not the opposite, and now I know how people sleep so well.
-
@Artists_Ali My brain is too noisy as it is. Why the hell would I flood it with random mediocre thoughts averaged over a training set? If I wanted that I'd watch network television.
I almost spit my coffee!
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali
woolly even -
@Artists_Ali If I let them have some of my thoughts, will they do something with them? I never have enough time...
@woozle Ooooh. Same. @Artists_Ali
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali 90-95% of what an "AI executive" says amount to nothing more than the rantings of a narcissist -- the trouble is, they won't shut up
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali I want The ADHD peeps in that cloud so the Normies are overwhelmed with the base noise of the network alone.
CC: @kieran
