Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

    kyresti@plush.cityK This user is from outside of this forum
    kyresti@plush.cityK This user is from outside of this forum
    kyresti@plush.city
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #181

    @Artists_Ali Saying this as the critter with OCD.

    "I could demonstrate what happens when someone fucks up your weights and training data, but that would literally violate the Geneva Conventions".

    Dead fucking serious, btw, you do NOT want to know what happens if a bad (or even merely sloppy) actor can directly upload thoughts into your mind.

    It's like these fuckers are completely incapable of thinking through repercussions and "Hey maybe this is a bad idea actually?"

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

      dandels@infosec.exchangeD This user is from outside of this forum
      dandels@infosec.exchangeD This user is from outside of this forum
      dandels@infosec.exchange
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #182

      @Artists_Ali I can't help but think that whoever said this doesn't have many good thoughts of their own.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

        tshirtman@mas.toT This user is from outside of this forum
        tshirtman@mas.toT This user is from outside of this forum
        tshirtman@mas.to
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #183

        @Artists_Ali well, on the other hand, we don't know for sure their baseline, the evidence is sometimes scarce.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • inderix@booping.synth.downloadI inderix@booping.synth.download

          @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I saw "connect their brains to the cloud" and thought of Microsoft introducing opt-out OneDrive sync for your brain

          lionsphil@plush.cityL This user is from outside of this forum
          lionsphil@plush.cityL This user is from outside of this forum
          lionsphil@plush.city
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #184

          @inderix @Artists_Ali Thoughts and experiences violating our Content Policy have been detected and removed from your account.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

            iwillyeah@mastodon.ieI This user is from outside of this forum
            iwillyeah@mastodon.ieI This user is from outside of this forum
            iwillyeah@mastodon.ie
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #185

            @Artists_Ali it's like they've never read a single piece of sci-fi. They think they're going to be able to choose their thoughts, and not some billionaire's algorithm. Ads beamed directly into their brains, pay to opt out. Have your own thoughts scanned and then sued by the appropriate stakeholder for being unable to have an original one.

            holliek72@mastodonapp.ukH 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • davide_sandini@mastodon.unoD This user is from outside of this forum
              davide_sandini@mastodon.unoD This user is from outside of this forum
              davide_sandini@mastodon.uno
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #186

              @Artists_Ali
              For a AI executive, having 1000 times more thoughts is however less than an average human...

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                yakmacker@society.kalli.stY This user is from outside of this forum
                yakmacker@society.kalli.stY This user is from outside of this forum
                yakmacker@society.kalli.st
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #187
                @Artists_Ali b-but, the number, it will go up...
                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                  einspossum@chaos.socialE This user is from outside of this forum
                  einspossum@chaos.socialE This user is from outside of this forum
                  einspossum@chaos.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #188

                  @Artists_Ali infinite distracting thoughts!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                    I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

                    F This user is from outside of this forum
                    F This user is from outside of this forum
                    fa@todon.nl
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #189

                    @Artists_Ali AI + ADHD. Not that surprising tbf

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • http_error_418@hachyderm.ioH http_error_418@hachyderm.io

                      @Artists_Ali I took two seconds to imagine someone with anxiety and/or depression having this and, 😬 holy shit no, this would kill people

                      F This user is from outside of this forum
                      F This user is from outside of this forum
                      fa@todon.nl
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #190

                      @http_error_418 @Artists_Ali hahaa

                      F 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • F fa@todon.nl

                        @http_error_418 @Artists_Ali hahaa

                        F This user is from outside of this forum
                        F This user is from outside of this forum
                        fa@todon.nl
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #191

                        @http_error_418 @Artists_Ali add in a little bit of ocd and chronic pain and trauma and... and welcome to my life. Also im so distracted that i keep forgetting stuff, including how cute a bumblebee is. So there's that.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                          rythur@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                          rythur@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                          rythur@mastodon.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #192

                          @Artists_Ali

                          Then they can target everyone as neurodivergent...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                            ruenahcmohr@infosec.exchangeR This user is from outside of this forum
                            ruenahcmohr@infosec.exchangeR This user is from outside of this forum
                            ruenahcmohr@infosec.exchange
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #193

                            @Artists_Ali then the company goes under and you become a vegetable, and not a good one.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • dogfox@kpop.socialD dogfox@kpop.social

                              I almost spit my coffee!

                              @arclight @Artists_Ali

                              arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
                              arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
                              arclight@oldbytes.space
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #194

                              @dogfox @Artists_Ali I'm sorry/you're welcome 🙂

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • iwillyeah@mastodon.ieI iwillyeah@mastodon.ie

                                @Artists_Ali it's like they've never read a single piece of sci-fi. They think they're going to be able to choose their thoughts, and not some billionaire's algorithm. Ads beamed directly into their brains, pay to opt out. Have your own thoughts scanned and then sued by the appropriate stakeholder for being unable to have an original one.

                                holliek72@mastodonapp.ukH This user is from outside of this forum
                                holliek72@mastodonapp.ukH This user is from outside of this forum
                                holliek72@mastodonapp.uk
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #195

                                @Iwillyeah @Artists_Ali Black Mirror's "Common People" is not an instruction manual for this.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                  I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

                                  gnomon@mastodon.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
                                  gnomon@mastodon.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
                                  gnomon@mastodon.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #196

                                  @Artists_Ali I must invoke a classic, with credit to @Gargron ...

                                  https://polymaths.social/@kytta/statuses/01JYVMR42TMERB76BQF4HN8CQ8 #woolly #stationWagon

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                                    @Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.

                                    raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                                    raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                                    raphaelmorgan@disabled.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #197

                                    @quinn @Artists_Ali well now I'm thinking about rich cishet white men having to process my trauma and that's the closest thing I've ever heard to a good argument for this bullshit 🤔 (not worth it, but a cat can dream)

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                      heathen_cat@furs.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                                      heathen_cat@furs.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                                      heathen_cat@furs.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #198

                                      @Artists_Ali
                                      All I want out of life is my head to be 50% quieter. 😭

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                        lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                                        lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                                        lispi314@udongein.xyz
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #199

                                        @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden It could be fine, if the processing capacity was also adjusted accordingly.

                                        In this particular case though, I find that corposcum executive bold to think I would trust their proprietary crap anywhere near my central processor.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • 6@possum.city6 6@possum.city

                                          @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden mmm, more thoughts at same speed will saturate the bandwidth and suck ass
                                          but if you could "overclock" brains, THEN it could maybe allow for like...3x more thoughts...lol

                                          adhd is fun but...wait what was i saying?

                                          lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                                          lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                                          lispi314@udongein.xyz
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #200

                                          @6@possum.city @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden

                                          THEN it could maybe allow for like…3x more thoughts…lol

                                          Yeah, the thermal envelope the brain operates within has rather limited margins for any internal improvement that doesn’t include a revamp of most of the skull & circulatory system.

                                          6@possum.city6 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper