I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali well, on the other hand, we don't know for sure their baseline, the evidence is sometimes scarce.
-
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I saw "connect their brains to the cloud" and thought of Microsoft introducing opt-out OneDrive sync for your brain
@inderix @Artists_Ali Thoughts and experiences violating our Content Policy have been detected and removed from your account.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali it's like they've never read a single piece of sci-fi. They think they're going to be able to choose their thoughts, and not some billionaire's algorithm. Ads beamed directly into their brains, pay to opt out. Have your own thoughts scanned and then sued by the appropriate stakeholder for being unable to have an original one.
-
@Artists_Ali
For a AI executive, having 1000 times more thoughts is however less than an average human... -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali b-but, the number, it will go up... -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali infinite distracting thoughts!
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali AI + ADHD. Not that surprising tbf
-
@Artists_Ali I took two seconds to imagine someone with anxiety and/or depression having this and,
holy shit no, this would kill people@http_error_418 @Artists_Ali hahaa
-
@http_error_418 @Artists_Ali add in a little bit of ocd and chronic pain and trauma and... and welcome to my life. Also im so distracted that i keep forgetting stuff, including how cute a bumblebee is. So there's that.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
Then they can target everyone as neurodivergent...
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali then the company goes under and you become a vegetable, and not a good one.
-
I almost spit my coffee!
@dogfox @Artists_Ali I'm sorry/you're welcome

-
@Artists_Ali it's like they've never read a single piece of sci-fi. They think they're going to be able to choose their thoughts, and not some billionaire's algorithm. Ads beamed directly into their brains, pay to opt out. Have your own thoughts scanned and then sued by the appropriate stakeholder for being unable to have an original one.
@Iwillyeah @Artists_Ali Black Mirror's "Common People" is not an instruction manual for this.
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali I must invoke a classic, with credit to @Gargron ...
https://polymaths.social/@kytta/statuses/01JYVMR42TMERB76BQF4HN8CQ8 #woolly #stationWagon
-
@Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.
@quinn @Artists_Ali well now I'm thinking about rich cishet white men having to process my trauma and that's the closest thing I've ever heard to a good argument for this bullshit
(not worth it, but a cat can dream) -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali
All I want out of life is my head to be 50% quieter.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden It could be fine, if the processing capacity was also adjusted accordingly.
In this particular case though, I find that corposcum executive bold to think I would trust their proprietary crap anywhere near my central processor.
-
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden mmm, more thoughts at same speed will saturate the bandwidth and suck ass
but if you could "overclock" brains, THEN it could maybe allow for like...3x more thoughts...lol
adhd is fun but...wait what was i saying?@6@possum.city @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden
THEN it could maybe allow for like…3x more thoughts…lol
Yeah, the thermal envelope the brain operates within has rather limited margins for any internal improvement that doesn’t include a revamp of most of the skull & circulatory system.
-
@Artists_Ali also even if you could wrangle 1,000 simultaneous thoughts at once.... what would you do with it? People are limited to one thing at a time most of the time.
@Umbreon @Artists_Ali Finally catch up on one's Ao3 reading backlog? -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali
THAT IS SO true!
For us 1.000 thoughts less, wouldn't make neurotypicals.