I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali more thoughts is in fact not more better
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali also even if you could wrangle 1,000 simultaneous thoughts at once.... what would you do with it? People are limited to one thing at a time most of the time.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
-
@StaticR @Artists_Ali tbf coming up with smart ideas largely involves permutating over combinations of simple concepts until something good pops out. That or I'm just not as smart as I think I am, which is a real possibility.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali I was thinking exactly the same thing. Having 1,000 times more ideas doesn't mean there's necessarily going to be a good one among them. It'll sure keep a person busy though.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali So this is the latest grift?
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali i mean, The Black Cloud was only written [checks notes] seventy years ago, you can't expect people to have actually learned from it yet...
-
@Artists_Ali i mean, The Black Cloud was only written [checks notes] seventy years ago, you can't expect people to have actually learned from it yet...
@Artists_Ali And yes, of course I know the similarity is a bit far-fetched; today's "scientists" are not even suggesting plugging into anything remotely intelligent...
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali This sounds like an AI executive that has done a LOT of coke.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden makes me think of the chapter from sandman where a man was punished by given too many ideas
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali these AI creeps are absolutely nuts. If a brain is connected to a computer, it could be controlled by that computer. This is how the Borg will be created.
-
@StaticR @Artists_Ali tbf coming up with smart ideas largely involves permutating over combinations of simple concepts until something good pops out. That or I'm just not as smart as I think I am, which is a real possibility.
@renardboy @Artists_Ali honestly the difficult thing isn't coming up with ideas it's figuring out how to make them work, and then actually executing on it.
In the right context literally any idea can work well.
-
@renardboy @Artists_Ali honestly the difficult thing isn't coming up with ideas it's figuring out how to make them work, and then actually executing on it.
In the right context literally any idea can work well.
@StaticR @Artists_Ali very true, but then any meaningful ability to do that stuff is acquired by experience, which is also kind of a trial and error process.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali For a breakdown, of those "1000 times more thoughts", about 30% are cat videos playing on repeat, 10% are songs randomly starting to play in your mind, and about 60% are remembering that one time you were awkward 10 to 20 years ago and still beating yourself up over it as every other soul on this wet rock floating in space forgot about it -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I have 3 minds in my head and they are all AuDHD. Can confirm this is a terrible idea.
-
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I have 3 minds in my head and they are all AuDHD. Can confirm this is a terrible idea.
@syphist @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I mean, subjecting the rest of the internet to Chelle would be pretty funny...
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
I think anyone who thinks this is a good idea should immediately fit a USB port above one of their ears.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali @chirpbirb I was a “put my brain into a jar a wire me up” guy until I learned about capitalism and boy let me tell ya
-
@sinvega @Artists_Ali I expect it to do SOMETHING, just not what they want it to.
-
@ophis @sinvega @Artists_Ali that's the power of positive thinking