Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

    oldfartrant@mstdn.caO This user is from outside of this forum
    oldfartrant@mstdn.caO This user is from outside of this forum
    oldfartrant@mstdn.ca
    wrote on sidst redigeret af
    #63

    @Artists_Ali these AI creeps are absolutely nuts. If a brain is connected to a computer, it could be controlled by that computer. This is how the Borg will be created.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • renardboy@mastodon.socialR renardboy@mastodon.social

      @StaticR @Artists_Ali tbf coming up with smart ideas largely involves permutating over combinations of simple concepts until something good pops out. That or I'm just not as smart as I think I am, which is a real possibility.

      staticr@guild.pmdcollab.orgS This user is from outside of this forum
      staticr@guild.pmdcollab.orgS This user is from outside of this forum
      staticr@guild.pmdcollab.org
      wrote on sidst redigeret af
      #64

      @renardboy @Artists_Ali honestly the difficult thing isn't coming up with ideas it's figuring out how to make them work, and then actually executing on it.

      In the right context literally any idea can work well.

      renardboy@mastodon.socialR 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • staticr@guild.pmdcollab.orgS staticr@guild.pmdcollab.org

        @renardboy @Artists_Ali honestly the difficult thing isn't coming up with ideas it's figuring out how to make them work, and then actually executing on it.

        In the right context literally any idea can work well.

        renardboy@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
        renardboy@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
        renardboy@mastodon.social
        wrote on sidst redigeret af
        #65

        @StaticR @Artists_Ali very true, but then any meaningful ability to do that stuff is acquired by experience, which is also kind of a trial and error process.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

          reiddragon@fedi.catto.gardenR This user is from outside of this forum
          reiddragon@fedi.catto.gardenR This user is from outside of this forum
          reiddragon@fedi.catto.garden
          wrote on sidst redigeret af
          #66
          @Artists_Ali For a breakdown, of those "1000 times more thoughts", about 30% are cat videos playing on repeat, 10% are songs randomly starting to play in your mind, and about 60% are remembering that one time you were awkward 10 to 20 years ago and still beating yourself up over it as every other soul on this wet rock floating in space forgot about it
          lydiaschoch@mastodon.socialL 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

            syphist@zoner.workS This user is from outside of this forum
            syphist@zoner.workS This user is from outside of this forum
            syphist@zoner.work
            wrote on sidst redigeret af
            #67

            @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I have 3 minds in my head and they are all AuDHD. Can confirm this is a terrible idea.

            rachel@zoner.workR 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • syphist@zoner.workS syphist@zoner.work

              @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I have 3 minds in my head and they are all AuDHD. Can confirm this is a terrible idea.

              rachel@zoner.workR This user is from outside of this forum
              rachel@zoner.workR This user is from outside of this forum
              rachel@zoner.work
              wrote on sidst redigeret af
              #68

              @syphist @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden I mean, subjecting the rest of the internet to Chelle would be pretty funny...

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                dhobern@scicomm.xyzD This user is from outside of this forum
                dhobern@scicomm.xyzD This user is from outside of this forum
                dhobern@scicomm.xyz
                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                #69

                @Artists_Ali

                I think anyone who thinks this is a good idea should immediately fit a USB port above one of their ears.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                  ruxbat@jorts.horseR This user is from outside of this forum
                  ruxbat@jorts.horseR This user is from outside of this forum
                  ruxbat@jorts.horse
                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                  #70

                  @Artists_Ali @chirpbirb I was a “put my brain into a jar a wire me up” guy until I learned about capitalism and boy let me tell ya

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • itsmaya@social.treehouse.systemsI itsmaya@social.treehouse.systems

                    @sinvega @Artists_Ali I expect it to do SOMETHING, just not what they want it to.

                    ophis@brain.worm.pinkO This user is from outside of this forum
                    ophis@brain.worm.pinkO This user is from outside of this forum
                    ophis@brain.worm.pink
                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                    #71
                    @itsmaya @sinvega @Artists_Ali maybe it'll actually improve them (explode lethally)
                    itsmaya@social.treehouse.systemsI naturemc@mastodon.onlineN 2 Replies Last reply
                    0
                    • ophis@brain.worm.pinkO ophis@brain.worm.pink
                      @itsmaya @sinvega @Artists_Ali maybe it'll actually improve them (explode lethally)
                      itsmaya@social.treehouse.systemsI This user is from outside of this forum
                      itsmaya@social.treehouse.systemsI This user is from outside of this forum
                      itsmaya@social.treehouse.systems
                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                      #72

                      @ophis @sinvega @Artists_Ali that's the power of positive thinking

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                        anthonyjk@mastodon.redgarterclub.comA This user is from outside of this forum
                        anthonyjk@mastodon.redgarterclub.comA This user is from outside of this forum
                        anthonyjk@mastodon.redgarterclub.com
                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                        #73

                        @Artists_Ali

                        Yeah, right.

                        1,000 thoughts, and 800 of them about banging the hot blonde super-racked MILF next door.

                        Thanks, but my old brain can barely handle 10 thoughts; I'd rather not have my head spinning full Bettlejuice like an EF5 tornado from having to handle 1,000.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                          joshmillard@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                          joshmillard@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                          joshmillard@mastodon.social
                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                          #74

                          @Artists_Ali @macmanx hear me out tho, what if we can pipe our current thoughts to /dev/null

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                            P This user is from outside of this forum
                            P This user is from outside of this forum
                            paculino@tech.lgbt
                            wrote on sidst redigeret af
                            #75

                            @Artists_Ali But in this scenario, 999 will be sponsored/ads while one is simply a manipulated product.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                              arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
                              arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
                              arclight@oldbytes.space
                              wrote on sidst redigeret af
                              #76

                              @Artists_Ali My brain is too noisy as it is. Why the hell would I flood it with random mediocre thoughts averaged over a training set? If I wanted that I'd watch network television.

                              dogfox@kpop.socialD 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                mamalake@beige.partyM This user is from outside of this forum
                                mamalake@beige.partyM This user is from outside of this forum
                                mamalake@beige.party
                                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                #77

                                @Artists_Ali more time to literally put their noggins in their hands and say, “ahhhgggr, what’s that word? I can’t remember!” (Speaking from experience watching a friend in real time lose cognition)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                  alys@selfy.armyA This user is from outside of this forum
                                  alys@selfy.armyA This user is from outside of this forum
                                  alys@selfy.army
                                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                  #78

                                  @Artists_Ali DoSing my cloud provider after a particularly bad run of intrusive thoughts.

                                  A 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    quinn@social.circl.lu
                                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                    #79

                                    @Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.

                                    S raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR 2 Replies Last reply
                                    0
                                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                      whynotzoidberg@topspicy.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                                      whynotzoidberg@topspicy.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                                      whynotzoidberg@topspicy.social
                                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                      #80

                                      @Artists_Ali "...People will..." Neurotypical argument aside the fact that AI is pushed by people like that is once again proof that the whole AI industry is run by people with no tech knowledge, no literacy skills, and who genuinely think The Torture Nexus is a great future.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                        kassil@dice.campK This user is from outside of this forum
                                        kassil@dice.campK This user is from outside of this forum
                                        kassil@dice.camp
                                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                        #81

                                        @Artists_Ali For the kind of anesthetized jellyfish that runs businesses like this, 1000 times the thoughts adds up to around 1000 total over an extended period.

                                        Like, say, a year.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          jaxvent@lgbtqia.spaceJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                          jaxvent@lgbtqia.spaceJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                          jaxvent@lgbtqia.space
                                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                          #82

                                          @Artists_Ali

                                          FFS.

                                          The kid playing this simulation is just bored now and chucking every bad idea from bad sci-fi movies at us. Little shit.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper