Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • ophis@brain.worm.pinkO ophis@brain.worm.pink
    @itsmaya @sinvega @Artists_Ali maybe it'll actually improve them (explode lethally)
    itsmaya@social.treehouse.systemsI This user is from outside of this forum
    itsmaya@social.treehouse.systemsI This user is from outside of this forum
    itsmaya@social.treehouse.systems
    wrote on sidst redigeret af
    #72

    @ophis @sinvega @Artists_Ali that's the power of positive thinking

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

      anthonyjk@mastodon.redgarterclub.comA This user is from outside of this forum
      anthonyjk@mastodon.redgarterclub.comA This user is from outside of this forum
      anthonyjk@mastodon.redgarterclub.com
      wrote on sidst redigeret af
      #73

      @Artists_Ali

      Yeah, right.

      1,000 thoughts, and 800 of them about banging the hot blonde super-racked MILF next door.

      Thanks, but my old brain can barely handle 10 thoughts; I'd rather not have my head spinning full Bettlejuice like an EF5 tornado from having to handle 1,000.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

        joshmillard@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
        joshmillard@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
        joshmillard@mastodon.social
        wrote on sidst redigeret af
        #74

        @Artists_Ali @macmanx hear me out tho, what if we can pipe our current thoughts to /dev/null

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

          P This user is from outside of this forum
          P This user is from outside of this forum
          paculino@tech.lgbt
          wrote on sidst redigeret af
          #75

          @Artists_Ali But in this scenario, 999 will be sponsored/ads while one is simply a manipulated product.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

            arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
            arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
            arclight@oldbytes.space
            wrote on sidst redigeret af
            #76

            @Artists_Ali My brain is too noisy as it is. Why the hell would I flood it with random mediocre thoughts averaged over a training set? If I wanted that I'd watch network television.

            dogfox@kpop.socialD 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

              mamalake@beige.partyM This user is from outside of this forum
              mamalake@beige.partyM This user is from outside of this forum
              mamalake@beige.party
              wrote on sidst redigeret af
              #77

              @Artists_Ali more time to literally put their noggins in their hands and say, “ahhhgggr, what’s that word? I can’t remember!” (Speaking from experience watching a friend in real time lose cognition)

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                alys@selfy.armyA This user is from outside of this forum
                alys@selfy.armyA This user is from outside of this forum
                alys@selfy.army
                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                #78

                @Artists_Ali DoSing my cloud provider after a particularly bad run of intrusive thoughts.

                A 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                  quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                  quinn@social.circl.lu
                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                  #79

                  @Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.

                  S raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR 2 Replies Last reply
                  0
                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                    whynotzoidberg@topspicy.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                    whynotzoidberg@topspicy.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                    whynotzoidberg@topspicy.social
                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                    #80

                    @Artists_Ali "...People will..." Neurotypical argument aside the fact that AI is pushed by people like that is once again proof that the whole AI industry is run by people with no tech knowledge, no literacy skills, and who genuinely think The Torture Nexus is a great future.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                      kassil@dice.campK This user is from outside of this forum
                      kassil@dice.campK This user is from outside of this forum
                      kassil@dice.camp
                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                      #81

                      @Artists_Ali For the kind of anesthetized jellyfish that runs businesses like this, 1000 times the thoughts adds up to around 1000 total over an extended period.

                      Like, say, a year.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                        jaxvent@lgbtqia.spaceJ This user is from outside of this forum
                        jaxvent@lgbtqia.spaceJ This user is from outside of this forum
                        jaxvent@lgbtqia.space
                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                        #82

                        @Artists_Ali

                        FFS.

                        The kid playing this simulation is just bored now and chucking every bad idea from bad sci-fi movies at us. Little shit.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                          C This user is from outside of this forum
                          C This user is from outside of this forum
                          carl@chaos.social
                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                          #83

                          @Artists_Ali This

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                            exec@furry.engineerE This user is from outside of this forum
                            exec@furry.engineerE This user is from outside of this forum
                            exec@furry.engineer
                            wrote on sidst redigeret af
                            #84

                            @Artists_Ali This is basically the plot of a certain RPG on a handheld console from 20 years ago

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                              frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
                              frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
                              frawst@fedi.fraw.st
                              wrote on sidst redigeret af
                              #85

                              @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden i cant even tell what hes trying to say when he says this

                              why would i want to have 1000 times more thoughts? does he mean my brain will run 1000 times faster? will my normal thoughts just get amplified 1000 times? also most breakthroughs come from taking breaks from thinking so you can recollect everything, more thoughts wont even necessarily help, and also do they expect me to directly hook my brain up to someone else's computer with known connections to extremely powerful people with agendas?

                              executives really do just go up and say the dumbest shit, huh

                              petealexharris@mastodon.scotP 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • frawst@fedi.fraw.stF frawst@fedi.fraw.st

                                @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden i cant even tell what hes trying to say when he says this

                                why would i want to have 1000 times more thoughts? does he mean my brain will run 1000 times faster? will my normal thoughts just get amplified 1000 times? also most breakthroughs come from taking breaks from thinking so you can recollect everything, more thoughts wont even necessarily help, and also do they expect me to directly hook my brain up to someone else's computer with known connections to extremely powerful people with agendas?

                                executives really do just go up and say the dumbest shit, huh

                                petealexharris@mastodon.scotP This user is from outside of this forum
                                petealexharris@mastodon.scotP This user is from outside of this forum
                                petealexharris@mastodon.scot
                                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                #86

                                @frawst @Artists_Ali
                                This comes from people who have like 10 thoughts, tops. They claim to be worth all their millions for their special cleverest boy thoughts, but it always turns out to be "what if we didn't have to pay people?", Eugenics Again, or "public transport but worse."

                                dzwiedziu@mastodon.socialD 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                                  @Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.

                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                  #87

                                  @quinn @Artists_Ali honestly, sometimes I wish I could project the content of my mind into someone else's, just to see the horror in their face when they realize what "normal" feels for me.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                    david_chisnall@infosec.exchangeD This user is from outside of this forum
                                    david_chisnall@infosec.exchangeD This user is from outside of this forum
                                    david_chisnall@infosec.exchange
                                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                    #88

                                    @Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!

                                    pascaline@mastodon.nlP mathew@universeodon.comM 2 Replies Last reply
                                    0
                                    • petealexharris@mastodon.scotP petealexharris@mastodon.scot

                                      @frawst @Artists_Ali
                                      This comes from people who have like 10 thoughts, tops. They claim to be worth all their millions for their special cleverest boy thoughts, but it always turns out to be "what if we didn't have to pay people?", Eugenics Again, or "public transport but worse."

                                      dzwiedziu@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                      dzwiedziu@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                      dzwiedziu@mastodon.social
                                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                      #89

                                      @petealexharris
                                      Don't forget “profit, profit, profit” and “me me me” which take up a lot of that space \s

                                      @frawst @Artists_Ali

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                        jeremy_list@hachyderm.ioJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                        jeremy_list@hachyderm.ioJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                        jeremy_list@hachyderm.io
                                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                        #90

                                        @Artists_Ali If I were to stick a computer in my brain it would be to serve as an outlet for more of the thoughts I already have. That and an interface to OpenStreetMap. (I wouldn't actually trust any entity existing under capitalism to make a computer I'd put in my head)

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          mcr314@todon.nlM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          mcr314@todon.nlM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          mcr314@todon.nl
                                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                          #91

                                          @Artists_Ali wait. Since Palms are not generic AI, can ND types just get paid to impersonate these "clouds"?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper