Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

    kassil@dice.campK This user is from outside of this forum
    kassil@dice.campK This user is from outside of this forum
    kassil@dice.camp
    wrote on sidst redigeret af
    #81

    @Artists_Ali For the kind of anesthetized jellyfish that runs businesses like this, 1000 times the thoughts adds up to around 1000 total over an extended period.

    Like, say, a year.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

      jaxvent@lgbtqia.spaceJ This user is from outside of this forum
      jaxvent@lgbtqia.spaceJ This user is from outside of this forum
      jaxvent@lgbtqia.space
      wrote on sidst redigeret af
      #82

      @Artists_Ali

      FFS.

      The kid playing this simulation is just bored now and chucking every bad idea from bad sci-fi movies at us. Little shit.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

        C This user is from outside of this forum
        C This user is from outside of this forum
        carl@chaos.social
        wrote on sidst redigeret af
        #83

        @Artists_Ali This

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

          exec@furry.engineerE This user is from outside of this forum
          exec@furry.engineerE This user is from outside of this forum
          exec@furry.engineer
          wrote on sidst redigeret af
          #84

          @Artists_Ali This is basically the plot of a certain RPG on a handheld console from 20 years ago

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

            frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
            frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
            frawst@fedi.fraw.st
            wrote on sidst redigeret af
            #85

            @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden i cant even tell what hes trying to say when he says this

            why would i want to have 1000 times more thoughts? does he mean my brain will run 1000 times faster? will my normal thoughts just get amplified 1000 times? also most breakthroughs come from taking breaks from thinking so you can recollect everything, more thoughts wont even necessarily help, and also do they expect me to directly hook my brain up to someone else's computer with known connections to extremely powerful people with agendas?

            executives really do just go up and say the dumbest shit, huh

            petealexharris@mastodon.scotP 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • frawst@fedi.fraw.stF frawst@fedi.fraw.st

              @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden i cant even tell what hes trying to say when he says this

              why would i want to have 1000 times more thoughts? does he mean my brain will run 1000 times faster? will my normal thoughts just get amplified 1000 times? also most breakthroughs come from taking breaks from thinking so you can recollect everything, more thoughts wont even necessarily help, and also do they expect me to directly hook my brain up to someone else's computer with known connections to extremely powerful people with agendas?

              executives really do just go up and say the dumbest shit, huh

              petealexharris@mastodon.scotP This user is from outside of this forum
              petealexharris@mastodon.scotP This user is from outside of this forum
              petealexharris@mastodon.scot
              wrote on sidst redigeret af
              #86

              @frawst @Artists_Ali
              This comes from people who have like 10 thoughts, tops. They claim to be worth all their millions for their special cleverest boy thoughts, but it always turns out to be "what if we didn't have to pay people?", Eugenics Again, or "public transport but worse."

              dzwiedziu@mastodon.socialD 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                @Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.

                S This user is from outside of this forum
                S This user is from outside of this forum
                stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                #87

                @quinn @Artists_Ali honestly, sometimes I wish I could project the content of my mind into someone else's, just to see the horror in their face when they realize what "normal" feels for me.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                  david_chisnall@infosec.exchangeD This user is from outside of this forum
                  david_chisnall@infosec.exchangeD This user is from outside of this forum
                  david_chisnall@infosec.exchange
                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                  #88

                  @Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!

                  pascaline@mastodon.nlP mathew@universeodon.comM 2 Replies Last reply
                  0
                  • petealexharris@mastodon.scotP petealexharris@mastodon.scot

                    @frawst @Artists_Ali
                    This comes from people who have like 10 thoughts, tops. They claim to be worth all their millions for their special cleverest boy thoughts, but it always turns out to be "what if we didn't have to pay people?", Eugenics Again, or "public transport but worse."

                    dzwiedziu@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                    dzwiedziu@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                    dzwiedziu@mastodon.social
                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                    #89

                    @petealexharris
                    Don't forget “profit, profit, profit” and “me me me” which take up a lot of that space \s

                    @frawst @Artists_Ali

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                      jeremy_list@hachyderm.ioJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jeremy_list@hachyderm.ioJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jeremy_list@hachyderm.io
                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                      #90

                      @Artists_Ali If I were to stick a computer in my brain it would be to serve as an outlet for more of the thoughts I already have. That and an interface to OpenStreetMap. (I wouldn't actually trust any entity existing under capitalism to make a computer I'd put in my head)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                        mcr314@todon.nlM This user is from outside of this forum
                        mcr314@todon.nlM This user is from outside of this forum
                        mcr314@todon.nl
                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                        #91

                        @Artists_Ali wait. Since Palms are not generic AI, can ND types just get paid to impersonate these "clouds"?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • david_chisnall@infosec.exchangeD david_chisnall@infosec.exchange

                          @Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!

                          pascaline@mastodon.nlP This user is from outside of this forum
                          pascaline@mastodon.nlP This user is from outside of this forum
                          pascaline@mastodon.nl
                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                          #92

                          @david_chisnall

                          Ooh yes bottom up trickling to mess with their pool.

                          @Artists_Ali

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • A This user is from outside of this forum
                            A This user is from outside of this forum
                            avincentinspace@furry.engineer
                            wrote on sidst redigeret af
                            #93

                            @ZanaGB @Artists_Ali

                            I AM NOT!!! A!!! MORON!!!!!!!!!!

                            --Elon Musk

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                              esskah@hessen.socialE This user is from outside of this forum
                              esskah@hessen.socialE This user is from outside of this forum
                              esskah@hessen.social
                              wrote on sidst redigeret af
                              #94

                              @Artists_Ali as someone who is probably neurotypical, and has to think all day and create solutions to problems of varying degrees of complexity and prototypicality (idk if that’s a word hmm) at work, my brain doesn’t need more thoughts. It needs less pressure to created shareholder value, so the solutions it produces are of greater quality. It needs more time off, thinking about pasta and birds and going on walks to rest and recoup.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • alys@selfy.armyA alys@selfy.army

                                @Artists_Ali DoSing my cloud provider after a particularly bad run of intrusive thoughts.

                                A This user is from outside of this forum
                                A This user is from outside of this forum
                                avincentinspace@furry.engineer
                                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                #95

                                @alys @Artists_Ali

                                > DoSing my cloud provider

                                Nah, we're in the age of serverless. DoSing your cloud provider is basically impossible. What'll actually happen when you have a particularly bad run of intrusive thoughts is the cloud service will process every single one and the service provider will happily bill you for the extra compute time you used.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                  visualstuart@pdx.socialV This user is from outside of this forum
                                  visualstuart@pdx.socialV This user is from outside of this forum
                                  visualstuart@pdx.social
                                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                  #96

                                  @Artists_Ali There they go again, deliberately misrepresenting a large language model as being capable of human thought. Snake oil salesmen gonna snake oil.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                    isaackuo@spacey.spaceI This user is from outside of this forum
                                    isaackuo@spacey.spaceI This user is from outside of this forum
                                    isaackuo@spacey.space
                                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                    #97

                                    @Artists_Ali I think it says more about how completely devoid of thoughts an AI executive is. Just an empty zombie with no ability to come up with any thoughts on their own any more.

                                    me@social.jlamothe.netM 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                      narrowboat_lunabetty@wandering.shopN This user is from outside of this forum
                                      narrowboat_lunabetty@wandering.shopN This user is from outside of this forum
                                      narrowboat_lunabetty@wandering.shop
                                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                      #98

                                      @Artists_Ali As far as I know I am not ADHD. There is no way I need more thoughts either. I talk to myself both out loud and in my head near enough constantly. Unless I am listening to music or meditating I have not a moments peace.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                        wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
                                        wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
                                        wizbean@tech.lgbt
                                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                        #99

                                        @Artists_Ali 1000 times 0 is still 0

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          taatm@mathstodon.xyzT This user is from outside of this forum
                                          taatm@mathstodon.xyzT This user is from outside of this forum
                                          taatm@mathstodon.xyz
                                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                          #100

                                          @Artists_Ali @YellowReadis
                                          Seconded. It’s where our chaos magic comes from.

                                          As part of the tribe, our brain specialism is energy management. We can ramp up to high output but for the same energy it means we also have to ramp down to ‘sleep’ mode where we only appear to be cognitively functioning.

                                          Without an actual hunt or a predator, we need stimulants to regulate or we sleep mode so much we have excess at night time.

                                          You don’t want to invite the chaos without the perks.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper