I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden i cant even tell what hes trying to say when he says this
why would i want to have 1000 times more thoughts? does he mean my brain will run 1000 times faster? will my normal thoughts just get amplified 1000 times? also most breakthroughs come from taking breaks from thinking so you can recollect everything, more thoughts wont even necessarily help, and also do they expect me to directly hook my brain up to someone else's computer with known connections to extremely powerful people with agendas?
executives really do just go up and say the dumbest shit, huh -
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden i cant even tell what hes trying to say when he says this
why would i want to have 1000 times more thoughts? does he mean my brain will run 1000 times faster? will my normal thoughts just get amplified 1000 times? also most breakthroughs come from taking breaks from thinking so you can recollect everything, more thoughts wont even necessarily help, and also do they expect me to directly hook my brain up to someone else's computer with known connections to extremely powerful people with agendas?
executives really do just go up and say the dumbest shit, huh@frawst @Artists_Ali
This comes from people who have like 10 thoughts, tops. They claim to be worth all their millions for their special cleverest boy thoughts, but it always turns out to be "what if we didn't have to pay people?", Eugenics Again, or "public transport but worse." -
@Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.
@quinn @Artists_Ali honestly, sometimes I wish I could project the content of my mind into someone else's, just to see the horror in their face when they realize what "normal" feels for me.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!
-
@frawst @Artists_Ali
This comes from people who have like 10 thoughts, tops. They claim to be worth all their millions for their special cleverest boy thoughts, but it always turns out to be "what if we didn't have to pay people?", Eugenics Again, or "public transport but worse."@petealexharris
Don't forget “profit, profit, profit” and “me me me” which take up a lot of that space \s -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali If I were to stick a computer in my brain it would be to serve as an outlet for more of the thoughts I already have. That and an interface to OpenStreetMap. (I wouldn't actually trust any entity existing under capitalism to make a computer I'd put in my head)
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali wait. Since Palms are not generic AI, can ND types just get paid to impersonate these "clouds"?
-
@Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!
-
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali as someone who is probably neurotypical, and has to think all day and create solutions to problems of varying degrees of complexity and prototypicality (idk if that’s a word hmm) at work, my brain doesn’t need more thoughts. It needs less pressure to created shareholder value, so the solutions it produces are of greater quality. It needs more time off, thinking about pasta and birds and going on walks to rest and recoup.
-
@Artists_Ali DoSing my cloud provider after a particularly bad run of intrusive thoughts.
> DoSing my cloud provider
Nah, we're in the age of serverless. DoSing your cloud provider is basically impossible. What'll actually happen when you have a particularly bad run of intrusive thoughts is the cloud service will process every single one and the service provider will happily bill you for the extra compute time you used.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali There they go again, deliberately misrepresenting a large language model as being capable of human thought. Snake oil salesmen gonna snake oil.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali I think it says more about how completely devoid of thoughts an AI executive is. Just an empty zombie with no ability to come up with any thoughts on their own any more.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali As far as I know I am not ADHD. There is no way I need more thoughts either. I talk to myself both out loud and in my head near enough constantly. Unless I am listening to music or meditating I have not a moments peace.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali 1000 times 0 is still 0
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali @YellowReadis
Seconded. It’s where our chaos magic comes from.As part of the tribe, our brain specialism is energy management. We can ramp up to high output but for the same energy it means we also have to ramp down to ‘sleep’ mode where we only appear to be cognitively functioning.
Without an actual hunt or a predator, we need stimulants to regulate or we sleep mode so much we have excess at night time.
You don’t want to invite the chaos without the perks.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali I want the ability to have 0 thoughts so I can sleep like a normal person.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
As much as I hate ai I kinda want to see them do this
Make them taste the entire fucking rainbow
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden
Having literally 14 concurrent trains of thought ain't all bad. Used to be really useful in my IRC days. Also useful when typing up a document and someone wants to chat right freaking now. -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali You certainly don't want thoughts given to you by the right wing Nazi arseholes who own & operate AI platforms