A short film from France explores what might happen if all immigrants were to follow the advice of the ‘angry old white man’ and return to where they came from.
-
@HHD@mastodon.social @Emathion@chaos.social
My favourite statement of 2025 is
"Nationalism is cabalistic geography."
Nationalism and the tooth fairy - not too far apart!I misread that as cannibalistic.
Which is also true. And pertinent.
The leapards will eat their faces.
-
@Emathion a fukkin ai made this video and it sucks hard
-
A short film from France explores what might happen if all immigrants were to follow the advice of the ‘angry old white man’ and return to where they came from.
Oh, that’s SSO good
-
@Emathion@chaos.social
I think the idea of showing how our systems could collapse if fascism takes over is good and important. But does it really need to be an AI-generated, undisclosed video?
I’d be curious to know which AI tool was used to make it. Hopefully not one from a company that is enabling or even actively supporting fascism.I'm so frustrated. I can't tell it's AI. What gave it away?
I'm deeply concerned now, I can't trust any video at all.
-
A short film from France explores what might happen if all immigrants were to follow the advice of the ‘angry old white man’ and return to where they came from.
@Emathion this may be semi-realistic in some locations but where I live, mostly native people so it would not be so extreme. It is very exteme and narrow view but the point is made.
I am a foreigner in a foreign land.
-
@Emathion a fukkin ai made this video and it sucks hard
-
I'm so frustrated. I can't tell it's AI. What gave it away?
I'm deeply concerned now, I can't trust any video at all.
@springdiesel @DopaScout @Emathion for me it was the fact it couldn’t pronounce very straightforward French words right. Then I noticed the old man’s hair never moves, and the scene with the aircraft sealed it. It just looked wrong.
-
A short film from France explores what might happen if all immigrants were to follow the advice of the ‘angry old white man’ and return to where they came from.
@Emathion Unfortunately, not the French.
It's signed by Leeno Daash, a guy making AI videos on instagram/FB promoting #AI using ironic topics about Africa etc. He seems to sit in Italy.You see how important it is nowadays to always name the source! If you take a video from somewhere else name the original link, please. You say you were a journalist: then you should know that!
-
@Emathion i like the idea of showcasing that people from other countries are invaluable for what they bring to the table.
But I *really* don't like the spin of "you *must* bring something to the table or you'll still be deemed unworthy of help"
@Laird_Dave This. We have the human right for asylum. @Emathion
-
@Emathion leider wird dieser Film kaum von dem gesehen für die er gedacht ist. Hier sitzen wahrscheinlich nur die, die wissen nicken.
I think those people who should see this film are not here. I think here are mostly people who sit watching this.... and nod.... sadly
-
@Emathion@chaos.social
Wenn das ein "Problem" ist, dann habe ich dieses Problem gerne und werde weiterhin darauf hinweisen. Faschismus besteht nicht nur aus Politiker*innen und ihren Wähler*innen. Auch Unternehmen, die ihn unterstützen oder davon profitieren, gehören dazu. Wenn deren Produkte und Dienste genutzt werden, trägt das letztlich ebenfalls dazu bei, dem Faschismus mehr Macht zu geben.
Undeklarierte KI-Videos und -Bilder sind ebenfalls alles andere als harmlos. Sie tragen dazu bei, dass wir immer weniger wissen, welchen Bildern und Videos wir noch vertrauen können. -
@springdiesel @DopaScout @Emathion for me it was the fact it couldn’t pronounce very straightforward French words right. Then I noticed the old man’s hair never moves, and the scene with the aircraft sealed it. It just looked wrong.
@Nicovel0 @DopaScout @Emathion
Thanks. I feel a little better that my poor French had a lot to do with my failure to identify it.
-
@springdiesel @DopaScout @Emathion for me it was the fact it couldn’t pronounce very straightforward French words right. Then I noticed the old man’s hair never moves, and the scene with the aircraft sealed it. It just looked wrong.
@springdiesel@spore.social Thanks for asking that question. It just goes to show that it’s not as easy for everyone as some people make it out to be.
@Nicovel0@mastodon.social Thanks for explaining how you realised that.
I was fooled for the first few seconds too, but then, like Nicovel0, I realised that the pronunciation of some words was wrong and that others sounded unusual. The scene by the aeroplane and also in the football stadium were then obvious to me. These two scenes reminded me of video games.
My conclusion is that, because of this sort of AI slop and the lack of labelling, many people, myself included, often lose the desire to watch anything like this at all.
@Emathion@chaos.social -
@DopaScout @holger @AppleWoi Es zwingt Sie niemand in meine Timeline. Sie dürfen sich gerne nach mehr Niveau umschauen.
@Emathion You posted without giving us the original source, which is not at all "the French" but an AI guy probably placed in Italy. https://mastodon.online/@NatureMC/117258706965231007
Es ist nicht zuviel verlangt, Originalquellen zu nennen, und Leute nicht irrezuführen.
-
@Emathion Abgesehen vom AI-Dreck: Also Menschen mit einem Teint dunkler als Löschkalk sind grundsätzlich alle nicht in Frankreich geboren und dort nicht „zu Hause“, das ist hier die Message, ja?
Na dann…
-
@DopaScout Gern. Wobei ich nur den Namen recherchiert habe, keine Zeit, den genauen Videolink zu finden. Ich wurde skeptisch, weil das kein korrektes Französisch ist, sondern typisches KI-Gibberish.
Den @Emathion@chaos.social hab ich wegen seiner "Freundlichkeit" gegenüber Faktensucher*innen geblockt.
-
A short film from France explores what might happen if all immigrants were to follow the advice of the ‘angry old white man’ and return to where they came from.
@Emathion holy slop
-
@DopaScout Ich lebe ja in Frankreich ... und wenn dann jemand vollmundig behauptet "the French" und wir kennen das hier nicht, werde ich doppelt misstrauisch.
Unser Wahlkampf ist jetzt schon mit KI vergiftet. -
A short film from France explores what might happen if all immigrants were to follow the advice of the ‘angry old white man’ and return to where they came from.
@Emathion
To those decrying the AI-generated video. I also dislike AI. On the other hand, I assume most videos are not fact. Most are fiction. A message can be honestly portrayed and still be fiction. I know the difference. -
@Laird_Dave This. We have the human right for asylum. @Emathion
@Emathion @Laird_Dave @NatureMC
Indeed: the very idea that a person needs to “earn a living” is deeply offensive to human dignity.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic