Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. "I have nothing to hide."

"I have nothing to hide."

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
83 Indlæg 61 Posters 150 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

    "I have nothing to hide."

    False.

    You have medical history

    You have financial behavior

    You have location patterns

    You have political views

    You have relationship data

    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

    D This user is from outside of this forum
    D This user is from outside of this forum
    donigula@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #15

    @Tutanota they have made a machine that can bypass HIPPA/doctor-patient confidentiality laws. If your doctor asks AI "my patient has xyz..." AI knows who the doctor is talking about because the system says you had an appointment around then, and you google similar symptoms...

    You may find yourself out of a job or you may find yourself not getting jobs or promotions because of a medical condition. Best believe that's the plan.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

      "I have nothing to hide."

      False.

      You have medical history

      You have financial behavior

      You have location patterns

      You have political views

      You have relationship data

      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

      tock@corteximplant.comT This user is from outside of this forum
      tock@corteximplant.comT This user is from outside of this forum
      tock@corteximplant.com
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #16

      @Tutanota Under perfect surveillance, everyone is a criminal.

      Crime and law is a subjective construct, not an objective one. If it was, courts, trials and appeals wouldn't exist.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

        "I have nothing to hide."

        False.

        You have medical history

        You have financial behavior

        You have location patterns

        You have political views

        You have relationship data

        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

        tuutw@mastodon.nlT This user is from outside of this forum
        tuutw@mastodon.nlT This user is from outside of this forum
        tuutw@mastodon.nl
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #17

        @Tutanota You have something to protect.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

          "I have nothing to hide."

          False.

          You have medical history

          You have financial behavior

          You have location patterns

          You have political views

          You have relationship data

          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

          loyhena@eldritch.cafeL This user is from outside of this forum
          loyhena@eldritch.cafeL This user is from outside of this forum
          loyhena@eldritch.cafe
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #18

          @Tutanota

          You have a butthole.

          You got nothing to hide ? Then show the world your butthole. With your name written next to it, and the name of where you work.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

            "I have nothing to hide."

            False.

            You have medical history

            You have financial behavior

            You have location patterns

            You have political views

            You have relationship data

            Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

            kotaro@kotaro.meK This user is from outside of this forum
            kotaro@kotaro.meK This user is from outside of this forum
            kotaro@kotaro.me
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #19

            @Tutanota "You have your own value."

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

              "I have nothing to hide."

              False.

              You have medical history

              You have financial behavior

              You have location patterns

              You have political views

              You have relationship data

              Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

              notknown@infosec.exchangeN This user is from outside of this forum
              notknown@infosec.exchangeN This user is from outside of this forum
              notknown@infosec.exchange
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #20

              @Tutanota

              It's not about hiding. It's about choice.

              Giving over complete control of every facet of what makes me an individual to complete strangers , isn't something I would ever choose to do willingly.

              Choice is what the tech industry has taken from everyone in exchange for their power and profit. Constant surveillance is only the latest layer.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                "I have nothing to hide."

                False.

                You have medical history

                You have financial behavior

                You have location patterns

                You have political views

                You have relationship data

                Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                flashmobofone@mstdn.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                flashmobofone@mstdn.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                flashmobofone@mstdn.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #21

                @Tutanota And privacy is a basic right, not a privilege for people with nothing to hide.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                  "I have nothing to hide."

                  False.

                  You have medical history

                  You have financial behavior

                  You have location patterns

                  You have political views

                  You have relationship data

                  Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                  crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                  crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                  crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #22

                  @Tutanota Right. If I ain't got nothing to hide I ain't got no life.

                  At this point I think it's our psychology we want to hide the most. It's also the toughest now. If we don't, then we're fed exactly what is needed to make us think the way certain people want us to think. So if you want to think for yourself, protect your psychology and don't let people know it too well.

                  Don't cast your pearl before swine.

                  But again, if you don't care to think for yourself--if you don't like it--then ...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                    @Tutanota I tried what that guy on YouTube said: when people tell me they have nothing to hide I ask them to share their email password with me. I promise to do no wrong at all, I'd just login occasionally, read some emails and leave. No damage, no writing, no deleting, no traces left. So far they all refused 😐

                    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #23

                    @pepintheshort @Tutanota Did you offer them anything?

                    Someone did that to me but they offered me a free email account and I said, "Yeah, sure...whatever. Here you go."

                    I've heard a coke can go a long way. Give someone a Coke and then ask your ridiculous favor.

                    pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                      "I have nothing to hide."

                      False.

                      You have medical history

                      You have financial behavior

                      You have location patterns

                      You have political views

                      You have relationship data

                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                      bishopjoey@writing.exchangeB This user is from outside of this forum
                      bishopjoey@writing.exchangeB This user is from outside of this forum
                      bishopjoey@writing.exchange
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #24

                      @Tutanota And louder for the folks in the back: Orwell's 1984 was a *warning* not an *instruction manual*.

                      And yet? Here we are.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                        @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did the scammer got my phone number?"

                        "I have nothing to hide" ... "What is all this spam I'm getting?"

                        "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did you know I was going to this restaurant?"

                        "I have nothing to hide" ... "Why's this advertisement so accurate?"

                        "I have nothing to hide" ... "Data breach? What? My medical records are in?!"

                        "I have nothing to hide" ... 'Security Message: Someone logged into your account'..."I don't remember logging in today."

                        crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                        crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                        crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #25

                        @The_Universality @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide." ... "Why am I being arrested for having my Nixon out?"

                        the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                          "I have nothing to hide."

                          False.

                          You have medical history

                          You have financial behavior

                          You have location patterns

                          You have political views

                          You have relationship data

                          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                          farbel@mas.toF This user is from outside of this forum
                          farbel@mas.toF This user is from outside of this forum
                          farbel@mas.to
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #26

                          @Tutanota I personally don't care who knows any of that shit about me, but people who do care should have a choice, and that choice should be opt in, not opt out.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                            @Tutanota I tried what that guy on YouTube said: when people tell me they have nothing to hide I ask them to share their email password with me. I promise to do no wrong at all, I'd just login occasionally, read some emails and leave. No damage, no writing, no deleting, no traces left. So far they all refused 😐

                            falcennial@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                            falcennial@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                            falcennial@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #27

                            @pepintheshort @Tutanota but they don't have anything to hide, so I don't understand.

                            on what basis did they not give you the password???

                            pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                              "I have nothing to hide."

                              False.

                              You have medical history

                              You have financial behavior

                              You have location patterns

                              You have political views

                              You have relationship data

                              Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                              O This user is from outside of this forum
                              O This user is from outside of this forum
                              oshox@mastodon.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #28

                              @Tutanota Law enforcement's members have political and personal motivations, beyond what the law requires, so everyone has someone to hide.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                                @pepintheshort @Tutanota Did you offer them anything?

                                Someone did that to me but they offered me a free email account and I said, "Yeah, sure...whatever. Here you go."

                                I've heard a coke can go a long way. Give someone a Coke and then ask your ridiculous favor.

                                pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                                pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                                pepintheshort@ieji.de
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #29

                                @crazyeddie @Tutanota sure I'll send you a voucher for a coke from Amazon if you share your password with me

                                crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • falcennial@mastodon.socialF falcennial@mastodon.social

                                  @pepintheshort @Tutanota but they don't have anything to hide, so I don't understand.

                                  on what basis did they not give you the password???

                                  pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                                  pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                                  pepintheshort@ieji.de
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #30

                                  @falcennial @Tutanota that's a great question! 🙂

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                                    @crazyeddie @Tutanota sure I'll send you a voucher for a coke from Amazon if you share your password with me

                                    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                    crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #31

                                    @pepintheshort @Tutanota I don't know it 🙂

                                    pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                      "I have nothing to hide."

                                      False.

                                      You have medical history

                                      You have financial behavior

                                      You have location patterns

                                      You have political views

                                      You have relationship data

                                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                      janpaul@troet.cafeJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      janpaul@troet.cafeJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      janpaul@troet.cafe
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #32

                                      @Tutanota
                                      That's what I keep telling people. The usual answer is just: "Yeah, but why should anybody be interested in this?"

                                      Well, I don't know. But some people are. Isn't this fact enough to be concerned?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • h0nza@pix.securelab.euH This user is from outside of this forum
                                        h0nza@pix.securelab.euH This user is from outside of this forum
                                        h0nza@pix.securelab.eu
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #33
                                        i like the sequence:
                                        i have nothing to hide. but that is also none of your business
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                          "I have nothing to hide."

                                          False.

                                          You have medical history

                                          You have financial behavior

                                          You have location patterns

                                          You have political views

                                          You have relationship data

                                          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                          darwinwoodka@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                          darwinwoodka@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                          darwinwoodka@mastodon.social
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #34

                                          @Tutanota

                                          That's why we should own our own data and decide who gets to access it

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper