Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. "I have nothing to hide."

"I have nothing to hide."

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
83 Indlæg 61 Posters 150 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

    "I have nothing to hide."

    False.

    You have medical history

    You have financial behavior

    You have location patterns

    You have political views

    You have relationship data

    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

    bishopjoey@writing.exchangeB This user is from outside of this forum
    bishopjoey@writing.exchangeB This user is from outside of this forum
    bishopjoey@writing.exchange
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #24

    @Tutanota And louder for the folks in the back: Orwell's 1984 was a *warning* not an *instruction manual*.

    And yet? Here we are.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

      @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did the scammer got my phone number?"

      "I have nothing to hide" ... "What is all this spam I'm getting?"

      "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did you know I was going to this restaurant?"

      "I have nothing to hide" ... "Why's this advertisement so accurate?"

      "I have nothing to hide" ... "Data breach? What? My medical records are in?!"

      "I have nothing to hide" ... 'Security Message: Someone logged into your account'..."I don't remember logging in today."

      crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
      crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
      crazyeddie@mastodon.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #25

      @The_Universality @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide." ... "Why am I being arrested for having my Nixon out?"

      the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

        "I have nothing to hide."

        False.

        You have medical history

        You have financial behavior

        You have location patterns

        You have political views

        You have relationship data

        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

        farbel@mas.toF This user is from outside of this forum
        farbel@mas.toF This user is from outside of this forum
        farbel@mas.to
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #26

        @Tutanota I personally don't care who knows any of that shit about me, but people who do care should have a choice, and that choice should be opt in, not opt out.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

          @Tutanota I tried what that guy on YouTube said: when people tell me they have nothing to hide I ask them to share their email password with me. I promise to do no wrong at all, I'd just login occasionally, read some emails and leave. No damage, no writing, no deleting, no traces left. So far they all refused 😐

          falcennial@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
          falcennial@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
          falcennial@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #27

          @pepintheshort @Tutanota but they don't have anything to hide, so I don't understand.

          on what basis did they not give you the password???

          pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

            "I have nothing to hide."

            False.

            You have medical history

            You have financial behavior

            You have location patterns

            You have political views

            You have relationship data

            Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

            O This user is from outside of this forum
            O This user is from outside of this forum
            oshox@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #28

            @Tutanota Law enforcement's members have political and personal motivations, beyond what the law requires, so everyone has someone to hide.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

              @pepintheshort @Tutanota Did you offer them anything?

              Someone did that to me but they offered me a free email account and I said, "Yeah, sure...whatever. Here you go."

              I've heard a coke can go a long way. Give someone a Coke and then ask your ridiculous favor.

              pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
              pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
              pepintheshort@ieji.de
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #29

              @crazyeddie @Tutanota sure I'll send you a voucher for a coke from Amazon if you share your password with me

              crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • falcennial@mastodon.socialF falcennial@mastodon.social

                @pepintheshort @Tutanota but they don't have anything to hide, so I don't understand.

                on what basis did they not give you the password???

                pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                pepintheshort@ieji.de
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #30

                @falcennial @Tutanota that's a great question! 🙂

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                  @crazyeddie @Tutanota sure I'll send you a voucher for a coke from Amazon if you share your password with me

                  crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                  crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                  crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #31

                  @pepintheshort @Tutanota I don't know it 🙂

                  pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                    "I have nothing to hide."

                    False.

                    You have medical history

                    You have financial behavior

                    You have location patterns

                    You have political views

                    You have relationship data

                    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                    janpaul@troet.cafeJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    janpaul@troet.cafeJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    janpaul@troet.cafe
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #32

                    @Tutanota
                    That's what I keep telling people. The usual answer is just: "Yeah, but why should anybody be interested in this?"

                    Well, I don't know. But some people are. Isn't this fact enough to be concerned?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • h0nza@pix.securelab.euH This user is from outside of this forum
                      h0nza@pix.securelab.euH This user is from outside of this forum
                      h0nza@pix.securelab.eu
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #33
                      i like the sequence:
                      i have nothing to hide. but that is also none of your business
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                        "I have nothing to hide."

                        False.

                        You have medical history

                        You have financial behavior

                        You have location patterns

                        You have political views

                        You have relationship data

                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                        darwinwoodka@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                        darwinwoodka@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                        darwinwoodka@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #34

                        @Tutanota

                        That's why we should own our own data and decide who gets to access it

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                          @The_Universality @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide." ... "Why am I being arrested for having my Nixon out?"

                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #35

                          @crazyeddie @Tutanota What is Nixon? This is the first time I hear about this.

                          crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                            "I have nothing to hide."

                            False.

                            You have medical history

                            You have financial behavior

                            You have location patterns

                            You have political views

                            You have relationship data

                            Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                            d4v@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                            d4v@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                            d4v@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #36

                            @Tutanota I stopped arguing with people that says that. Because they even doesn't care if their medical history and everything gets leaked.

                            toriver@mas.toT 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                              @Tutanota I tried what that guy on YouTube said: when people tell me they have nothing to hide I ask them to share their email password with me. I promise to do no wrong at all, I'd just login occasionally, read some emails and leave. No damage, no writing, no deleting, no traces left. So far they all refused 😐

                              rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.placeR This user is from outside of this forum
                              rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.placeR This user is from outside of this forum
                              rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.place
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #37

                              @pepintheshort @Tutanota there was a teacher on fedi some time ago (sorry, don't remember who) that said their students would often say they have nothing to hide. And when they did, they would tell them "okay good, tell the rest of the class about the last time you masturbated", and the entire class immediately got it.

                              pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                "I have nothing to hide."

                                False.

                                You have medical history

                                You have financial behavior

                                You have location patterns

                                You have political views

                                You have relationship data

                                Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                T This user is from outside of this forum
                                T This user is from outside of this forum
                                tylilbro@mastodon.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #38

                                @Tutanota isn't "I have nothing to hide" used when someone doesn't have any evidence against them on something.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                                  @crazyeddie @Tutanota What is Nixon? This is the first time I hear about this.

                                  crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                  crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                  crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #39

                                  @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

                                  the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT camilo@tuiter.rocksC 2 Replies Last reply
                                  0
                                  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                    "I have nothing to hide."

                                    False.

                                    You have medical history

                                    You have financial behavior

                                    You have location patterns

                                    You have political views

                                    You have relationship data

                                    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                    dmir@gehirneimer.deD This user is from outside of this forum
                                    dmir@gehirneimer.deD This user is from outside of this forum
                                    dmir@gehirneimer.de
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #40

                                    @Tutanota@mastodon.social I think saying to the people using the argument never realize how much they care about their own privacy. They think that having “nothing to hide” is some sort of a virtue, something to strive for, because that’s what good people have and good people don’t get into trouble - and you just can’t argue with a person’s belief of their own virtuousness if you want to persuade them.

                                    “What would you like to show to complete strangers?” yields far more privacy-minded answers in my experience, or “What are you okay with giving away about yourself?”

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                      "I have nothing to hide."

                                      False.

                                      You have medical history

                                      You have financial behavior

                                      You have location patterns

                                      You have political views

                                      You have relationship data

                                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                      phaedral@beige.partyP This user is from outside of this forum
                                      phaedral@beige.partyP This user is from outside of this forum
                                      phaedral@beige.party
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #41

                                      @Tutanota And anyway, the issue isn't whether or not I have anything to hide, it's whether or not my business is any of theirs. It's not. My business is none of the government's or big tech's business. They need to keep their flipping noses to themselves. That's the point. I don't have to justify anything. They're the ones overstepping bounds poking their nose places they don't belong all in the name of greed. Don't accept the inverse frame. It's on them to justify a need to know. Otherwise none of it is anybody's business.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                                        @pepintheshort @Tutanota I don't know it 🙂

                                        pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                                        pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                                        pepintheshort@ieji.de
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #42

                                        @crazyeddie @Tutanota what an unfortunate coincidence! 😄

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                                          @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

                                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #43

                                          @crazyeddie Oh I get it no.

                                          Quite funny indeed.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper