Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. "I have nothing to hide."

"I have nothing to hide."

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
83 Indlæg 61 Posters 150 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • S softwaretheron@mas.to

    @The_Universality @Tutanota
    Perhaps you remember "the gummint's coming for our guns!!" ?

    the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
    the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
    the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #65

    @SoftwareTheron No. This is the first time I hear about this.

    S 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

      @SoftwareTheron No. This is the first time I hear about this.

      S This user is from outside of this forum
      S This user is from outside of this forum
      softwaretheron@mas.to
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #66

      @The_Universality
      Too American, perhaps? (Not that I am.)
      Or maybe too old.

      the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • S softwaretheron@mas.to

        @The_Universality
        Too American, perhaps? (Not that I am.)
        Or maybe too old.

        the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
        the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
        the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #67

        @SoftwareTheron I'm from EU Member State and not even old.

        Still I don't know to what event is that refering to nor what were the arguments.

        S 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

          @SoftwareTheron I'm from EU Member State and not even old.

          Still I don't know to what event is that refering to nor what were the arguments.

          S This user is from outside of this forum
          S This user is from outside of this forum
          softwaretheron@mas.to
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #68

          @The_Universality
          I'm old.

          There was, and probably still is, a claim among some right-wing Americans that they have guns to protect them from the state, and that the state is continually trying to constrain their ownership of weapons.

          The same people claim(-ed) to believe strongly that only those with something to hide should be frightened by intrusive law enforcement and data-gathering. Generally, what they actually meant was "The cops are on our side and we should be able to know everything about you". Especially in an LGBTQ+ context. Not illegal, but being strongly resisted by exactly these people.

          I wish I'd thought to point this contradiction out to them when I knew some, in the very early days of social media.

          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • S softwaretheron@mas.to

            @The_Universality
            I'm old.

            There was, and probably still is, a claim among some right-wing Americans that they have guns to protect them from the state, and that the state is continually trying to constrain their ownership of weapons.

            The same people claim(-ed) to believe strongly that only those with something to hide should be frightened by intrusive law enforcement and data-gathering. Generally, what they actually meant was "The cops are on our side and we should be able to know everything about you". Especially in an LGBTQ+ context. Not illegal, but being strongly resisted by exactly these people.

            I wish I'd thought to point this contradiction out to them when I knew some, in the very early days of social media.

            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #69

            @SoftwareTheron That is indeed contradicting statement from their side, then.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

              "I have nothing to hide."

              False.

              You have medical history

              You have financial behavior

              You have location patterns

              You have political views

              You have relationship data

              Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

              orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
              orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
              orca@nya.one
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #70
              @Tutanota@mastodon.social
              I hope the one saying that would stand by that when someone leaked their secrets.
              Similarly for nation-states.
              orca@nya.oneO 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • orca@nya.oneO orca@nya.one
                @Tutanota@mastodon.social
                I hope the one saying that would stand by that when someone leaked their secrets.
                Similarly for nation-states.
                orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
                orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
                orca@nya.one
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #71
                @Tutanota@mastodon.social
                They don't get to "right to know", "need to know" etc etc for them and "nothing to hide" for us.
                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                  "I have nothing to hide."

                  False.

                  You have medical history

                  You have financial behavior

                  You have location patterns

                  You have political views

                  You have relationship data

                  Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                  radundtat@berlin.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                  radundtat@berlin.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                  radundtat@berlin.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #72

                  @Tutanota One of the reasons I recently moved all sensitive communications off Gmail: I had made a doctor's appointment and was subsequently presented with ads everywhere for conditions I made have because Gmail had registered me as going to that specialist. No separate Google searches on the issue, just one email and they targeted me accordingly. Gmail will use everything you do and write on that platform to feed their profile of you.

                  tutanota@mastodon.socialT 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • radundtat@berlin.socialR radundtat@berlin.social

                    @Tutanota One of the reasons I recently moved all sensitive communications off Gmail: I had made a doctor's appointment and was subsequently presented with ads everywhere for conditions I made have because Gmail had registered me as going to that specialist. No separate Google searches on the issue, just one email and they targeted me accordingly. Gmail will use everything you do and write on that platform to feed their profile of you.

                    tutanota@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                    tutanota@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                    tutanota@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #73

                    @radundtat Wow, that's incredible.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                      "I have nothing to hide."

                      False.

                      You have medical history

                      You have financial behavior

                      You have location patterns

                      You have political views

                      You have relationship data

                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                      gneilyo@mastodon.onlineG This user is from outside of this forum
                      gneilyo@mastodon.onlineG This user is from outside of this forum
                      gneilyo@mastodon.online
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #74

                      @Tutanota What you feel you need to hide isn't really up to you. That's imposed on you by social and political circumstances and those change over time.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                        "I have nothing to hide."

                        False.

                        You have medical history

                        You have financial behavior

                        You have location patterns

                        You have political views

                        You have relationship data

                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                        patricksh@mas.toP This user is from outside of this forum
                        patricksh@mas.toP This user is from outside of this forum
                        patricksh@mas.to
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #75

                        @Tutanota The Tuta intern has been killing it lately.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                          "I have nothing to hide."

                          False.

                          You have medical history

                          You have financial behavior

                          You have location patterns

                          You have political views

                          You have relationship data

                          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                          h0w25@hachyderm.ioH This user is from outside of this forum
                          h0w25@hachyderm.ioH This user is from outside of this forum
                          h0w25@hachyderm.io
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #76

                          @Tutanota did you stole this phrase to someone else too?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                            "I have nothing to hide."

                            False.

                            You have medical history

                            You have financial behavior

                            You have location patterns

                            You have political views

                            You have relationship data

                            Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                            xnhq@mastodon.socialX This user is from outside of this forum
                            xnhq@mastodon.socialX This user is from outside of this forum
                            xnhq@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #77

                            @Tutanota Stop! This is 100% true!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                              the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                              the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #78

                              @whybird @SoftwareTheron Hmmm.

                              One could ask if they so conveniently forgotten about their task, whether they wished to fulfill it in the first place.

                              S 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                "I have nothing to hide."

                                False.

                                You have medical history

                                You have financial behavior

                                You have location patterns

                                You have political views

                                You have relationship data

                                Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                qole@techhub.socialQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                qole@techhub.socialQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                qole@techhub.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #79

                                @Tutanota
                                Just as I lament the lack of basic understanding of the humanities (history, philosophy, ethics, the arts, etc) across the general public, I often wish that the general public understood basic opsec and digital hygiene. Why is it not taught in high schools?

                                jaker@c.imJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                                  @whybird @SoftwareTheron Hmmm.

                                  One could ask if they so conveniently forgotten about their task, whether they wished to fulfill it in the first place.

                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  softwaretheron@mas.to
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #80

                                  @The_Universality @whybird
                                  Oh for sure, it was always a lie.

                                  Not being able to rub their noses in it is the only thing I regret about not being in contact with them any more.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • qole@techhub.socialQ qole@techhub.social

                                    @Tutanota
                                    Just as I lament the lack of basic understanding of the humanities (history, philosophy, ethics, the arts, etc) across the general public, I often wish that the general public understood basic opsec and digital hygiene. Why is it not taught in high schools?

                                    jaker@c.imJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    jaker@c.imJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    jaker@c.im
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #81

                                    @qole @Tutanota I read that as dental hygiene! But absolutely yes, this should be taught in high schools. The reason it isn't is because our school tech infrastructure in Wales UK is owned by Microsoft and Google.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                      "I have nothing to hide."

                                      False.

                                      You have medical history

                                      You have financial behavior

                                      You have location patterns

                                      You have political views

                                      You have relationship data

                                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                      ingridausol@norden.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                                      ingridausol@norden.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                                      ingridausol@norden.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #82

                                      @Tutanota

                                      Ganz genau.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                        "I have nothing to hide."

                                        False.

                                        You have medical history

                                        You have financial behavior

                                        You have location patterns

                                        You have political views

                                        You have relationship data

                                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                        gergovie@piaille.frG This user is from outside of this forum
                                        gergovie@piaille.frG This user is from outside of this forum
                                        gergovie@piaille.fr
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #83

                                        @Tutanota

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                                        Svar
                                        • Svar som emne
                                        Login for at svare
                                        • Ældste til nyeste
                                        • Nyeste til ældste
                                        • Most Votes


                                        • Log ind

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                        Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Hjem
                                        • Seneste
                                        • Etiketter
                                        • Populære
                                        • Verden
                                        • Bruger
                                        • Grupper