Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I don't own a gun.

I don't own a gun.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
47 Indlæg 31 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

    I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

    Our last school shooting was in 1994.

    In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

    In Denmark only 10.

    I call that being pro life.

    katrinakatrinka@infosec.exchangeK This user is from outside of this forum
    katrinakatrinka@infosec.exchangeK This user is from outside of this forum
    katrinakatrinka@infosec.exchange
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #9

    @randahl
    Double that number to include suicides.

    kevinrns@mstdn.socialK 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

      I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

      Our last school shooting was in 1994.

      In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

      In Denmark only 10.

      I call that being pro life.

      frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
      frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
      frequencyfault@mastodon.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #10

      @randahl Don't disagree, but when the enemy has AR-15 assault weapons, multiple pistols, carries them openly in public, and the law gives victims no recourse against shooters if shooters "feel threatened" and "have no duty to retreat" in public, the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

      worik@mastodon.socialW matlag@pleroma.chtisurel.netM 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

        I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

        Our last school shooting was in 1994.

        In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

        In Denmark only 10.

        I call that being pro life.

        originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
        originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
        originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #11

        @randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.

        It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.

        The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.

        worik@mastodon.socialW xinit@mastodon.coffeeX whitecattamer@mastodon.onlineW 3 Replies Last reply
        0
        • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

          @randahl Don't disagree, but when the enemy has AR-15 assault weapons, multiple pistols, carries them openly in public, and the law gives victims no recourse against shooters if shooters "feel threatened" and "have no duty to retreat" in public, the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

          worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
          worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
          worik@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #12

          @frequencyfault @randahl

          > the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

          Odd use of the word "sane"

          It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.

          At the cost of your life.

          I think the word used ought to have been "insane"

          frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF G 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net

            @randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.

            It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.

            The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.

            worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
            worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
            worik@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #13

            @originalworlds @randahl

            That is interesting. Have you a source for that?

            originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

              @frequencyfault @randahl

              > the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

              Odd use of the word "sane"

              It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.

              At the cost of your life.

              I think the word used ought to have been "insane"

              frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
              frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
              frequencyfault@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #14

              @worik @randahl Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...

              worik@mastodon.socialW 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

                @randahl Don't disagree, but when the enemy has AR-15 assault weapons, multiple pistols, carries them openly in public, and the law gives victims no recourse against shooters if shooters "feel threatened" and "have no duty to retreat" in public, the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

                matlag@pleroma.chtisurel.netM This user is from outside of this forum
                matlag@pleroma.chtisurel.netM This user is from outside of this forum
                matlag@pleroma.chtisurel.net
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #15
                @frequencyfault @randahl No, then only sane option is to state you're unarmed and de-escalate. Even if the AR-15 wearer wants your car or your wallet, … : give them to him/her!

                It's not cowardice, it's recognizing you don't value those as much as the innocent lives you could take out when you miss because you're not trained for gun fights, and more lives if your opponent shoots in your direction with an AR-15 and take out multiple bystanders.

                If you're armed, you are indeed, a threat: no one knows why you are and how likely you are to accidentally kill someone.
                frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

                  @originalworlds @randahl

                  That is interesting. Have you a source for that?

                  originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
                  originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
                  originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #16

                  @worik @randahl

                  Never believe anything that anybody says at just face value. If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence. Then look at its government and it's racial statistics.

                  Here's a fun fact for you. When you hear the term mass shooting which has been used a lot in the media in recent years, you typically think of dozens or possibly even hundreds of people dead. But did you know that a mass shooting is defined as a shooting in which as few as three people were shot and injured? On a given holiday weekend in Chicago, several mass shootings happen with regularity.

                  worik@mastodon.socialW 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • matlag@pleroma.chtisurel.netM matlag@pleroma.chtisurel.net
                    @frequencyfault @randahl No, then only sane option is to state you're unarmed and de-escalate. Even if the AR-15 wearer wants your car or your wallet, … : give them to him/her!

                    It's not cowardice, it's recognizing you don't value those as much as the innocent lives you could take out when you miss because you're not trained for gun fights, and more lives if your opponent shoots in your direction with an AR-15 and take out multiple bystanders.

                    If you're armed, you are indeed, a threat: no one knows why you are and how likely you are to accidentally kill someone.
                    frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                    frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                    frequencyfault@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #17

                    @matlag @randahl Unfortunately, the enemy doesn't see it that way. If everyone around you is armed you're easy pickings. It's basic game theory.

                    I didn't say I like living like this. Baby Boomers elected all the people that made everything this way to protect their wealth and property rights. I have neither, i just don't want to be shot.

                    Deterrence is defense.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

                      @worik @randahl Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...

                      worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                      worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                      worik@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #18

                      @frequencyfault @randahl

                      > Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...

                      What are you even talking about? How is that relevant to anything?

                      I assume you are talking about the Olympics - a counter example if there ever was one of taking up arms

                      If not, then what?

                      frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net

                        @worik @randahl

                        Never believe anything that anybody says at just face value. If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence. Then look at its government and it's racial statistics.

                        Here's a fun fact for you. When you hear the term mass shooting which has been used a lot in the media in recent years, you typically think of dozens or possibly even hundreds of people dead. But did you know that a mass shooting is defined as a shooting in which as few as three people were shot and injured? On a given holiday weekend in Chicago, several mass shootings happen with regularity.

                        worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                        worik@mastodon.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
                        worik@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #19

                        @originalworlds @randahl

                        > If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence.

                        Please. You are stating you know facts ("... if you care about facts). They sound fascinating.

                        Share them please.

                        originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • katrinakatrinka@infosec.exchangeK katrinakatrinka@infosec.exchange

                          @randahl
                          Double that number to include suicides.

                          kevinrns@mstdn.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                          kevinrns@mstdn.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                          kevinrns@mstdn.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #20

                          @katrinakatrinka @randahl

                          Gun deaths in the US including suicides in 2024.

                          ” at least 42,348 people died of gunshot wounds last year "

                          https://www.thetrace.org/2026/08/gun-deaths-homicide-suicide-cdc-data/

                          #guns #uspol #eu #au

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

                            @frequencyfault @randahl

                            > Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...

                            What are you even talking about? How is that relevant to anything?

                            I assume you are talking about the Olympics - a counter example if there ever was one of taking up arms

                            If not, then what?

                            frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                            frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                            frequencyfault@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #21

                            @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

                            The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

                            Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

                            frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF G ahltorp@mastodon.nuA tokeriis@helvede.netT 4 Replies Last reply
                            0
                            • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

                              @originalworlds @randahl

                              > If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence.

                              Please. You are stating you know facts ("... if you care about facts). They sound fascinating.

                              Share them please.

                              originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
                              originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
                              originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #22

                              @worik @randahl

                              I've already shared them.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

                                @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

                                The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

                                Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

                                frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                frequencyfault@mastodon.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #23

                                @worik @randahl I've already told you I hate living in the USA. It sucks. One if the worst countries to ever exist...but I can't do anything about where I was born and I know my country's culture better than any Europeans do (all due respect). Europeans don't have bad crime or poverty (relative to the USA) because your side of the Atlantic prioritizes social welfare. In America, the only thing that matters is death and profit.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • bhasic@mastodon.socialB bhasic@mastodon.social

                                  @randahl Translation into MAGA: Denmark hates Freedom.

                                  endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
                                  endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
                                  endlessmason@hachyderm.io
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #24

                                  @bhasic @randahl
                                  Likely because of all the socialism they have

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                                    I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                                    Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                                    In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                                    In Denmark only 10.

                                    I call that being pro life.

                                    spectralmoose@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                                    spectralmoose@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                                    spectralmoose@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #25

                                    @randahl what about knife stabbings?

                                    abramkedge@beige.partyA 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                                      I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                                      Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                                      In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                                      In Denmark only 10.

                                      I call that being pro life.

                                      laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #26

                                      @randahl

                                      And it shows that the US is a poor and underdeveloped country. I'm living in Germany 67 yrs old and never had to use or own a gun. We pay professionals to do it. We call them police, military, Forest ranger and body guard.

                                      And the are a small number of gun athletes, using them in sports. Professionals like Olympic biathlets are from the above groups too and paid users too.

                                      Amateurs are rare. People can afford to let professionals do the shooting.

                                      E 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • bhasic@mastodon.socialB bhasic@mastodon.social

                                        @randahl Translation into MAGA: Denmark hates Freedom.

                                        G This user is from outside of this forum
                                        G This user is from outside of this forum
                                        glitzersachen@hachyderm.io
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #27

                                        @bhasic @randahl

                                        Yes. How do they resist tyranny?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

                                          @frequencyfault @randahl

                                          > the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

                                          Odd use of the word "sane"

                                          It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.

                                          At the cost of your life.

                                          I think the word used ought to have been "insane"

                                          G This user is from outside of this forum
                                          G This user is from outside of this forum
                                          glitzersachen@hachyderm.io
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #28

                                          @worik @frequencyfault @randahl

                                          The only way to win is not to play...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper