Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I don't own a gun.

I don't own a gun.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
47 Indlæg 31 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • spectralmoose@mastodon.socialS spectralmoose@mastodon.social

    @randahl what about knife stabbings?

    abramkedge@beige.partyA This user is from outside of this forum
    abramkedge@beige.partyA This user is from outside of this forum
    abramkedge@beige.party
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #41

    @SpectralMoose @randahl

    The US has more knife stabbings per capita too.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

      I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

      Our last school shooting was in 1994.

      In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

      In Denmark only 10.

      I call that being pro life.

      _maleficentgirl@troet.cafe_ This user is from outside of this forum
      _maleficentgirl@troet.cafe_ This user is from outside of this forum
      _maleficentgirl@troet.cafe
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #42

      @randahl

      I read somewhere years ago in a article/commentary that the entire German police force fired less bullets in an entire year during execution of their duties (meaning it excludes the training on range etc) than a single US police officer in a single shootout with one lone gunman. The number quoted was something like 38 bullets for the ENTIRE German police force. A country of over 80mil with a gun-culture stemming from hunting & sport.

      The entire US is just bonkers.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • riaresists@mastodon.socialR riaresists@mastodon.social

        @randahl Thé gun nuts of AmeriKKKa have failed. They don’t recognize tyranny.
        Gun reform is on my list.
        This country needs a complete overhaul.

        ahltorp@mastodon.nuA This user is from outside of this forum
        ahltorp@mastodon.nuA This user is from outside of this forum
        ahltorp@mastodon.nu
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #43

        @RiaResists @randahl Gun nuts ideology in the US was never about protecting *from* tyranny, it was about protecting *tyranny*. It was about shooting slaves.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

          @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

          The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

          Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

          ahltorp@mastodon.nuA This user is from outside of this forum
          ahltorp@mastodon.nuA This user is from outside of this forum
          ahltorp@mastodon.nu
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #44

          @frequencyfault @worik @randahl ”Firebombing their cities is”

          This is exactly what the Netanyahu cabinet and Hamas strategy is: kill as many civilians as possible.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

            I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

            Our last school shooting was in 1994.

            In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

            In Denmark only 10.

            I call that being pro life.

            pg1958@mastodon.sdf.orgP This user is from outside of this forum
            pg1958@mastodon.sdf.orgP This user is from outside of this forum
            pg1958@mastodon.sdf.org
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #45

            @randahl
            13K is way too low. The last year figures are available, 2024, there were just under 45K gun deaths. 120-130 per day! It's a self inflicted loss. So sad.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • whitecattamer@mastodon.onlineW whitecattamer@mastodon.online

              @originalworlds @randahl “decidedly singular demographic”

              BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

              ahltorp@mastodon.nuA This user is from outside of this forum
              ahltorp@mastodon.nuA This user is from outside of this forum
              ahltorp@mastodon.nu
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #46

              @WhiteCatTamer He almost wrote it explicitly later: ”it's (sic!) racial statistics”, so now it’s more like a humanwhistle.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

                @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

                The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

                Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

                tokeriis@helvede.netT This user is from outside of this forum
                tokeriis@helvede.netT This user is from outside of this forum
                tokeriis@helvede.net
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #47

                @frequencyfault @worik @randahl In fact, Germans didn’t surrender after the firebombing of their cities. They fought long after any hope of victory. Most firebombings strengthen the morale of defenders, only the total destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki led to a surrender.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                Svar
                • Svar som emne
                Login for at svare
                • Ældste til nyeste
                • Nyeste til ældste
                • Most Votes


                • Log ind

                • Login or register to search.
                Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                Graciously hosted by data.coop
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Hjem
                • Seneste
                • Etiketter
                • Populære
                • Verden
                • Bruger
                • Grupper