Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I don't own a gun.

I don't own a gun.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
47 Indlæg 31 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

    @frequencyfault @randahl

    > Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...

    What are you even talking about? How is that relevant to anything?

    I assume you are talking about the Olympics - a counter example if there ever was one of taking up arms

    If not, then what?

    frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
    frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
    frequencyfault@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #21

    @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

    The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

    Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

    frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF G ahltorp@mastodon.nuA tokeriis@helvede.netT 4 Replies Last reply
    0
    • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

      @originalworlds @randahl

      > If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence.

      Please. You are stating you know facts ("... if you care about facts). They sound fascinating.

      Share them please.

      originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
      originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
      originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #22

      @worik @randahl

      I've already shared them.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

        @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

        The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

        Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

        frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
        frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
        frequencyfault@mastodon.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #23

        @worik @randahl I've already told you I hate living in the USA. It sucks. One if the worst countries to ever exist...but I can't do anything about where I was born and I know my country's culture better than any Europeans do (all due respect). Europeans don't have bad crime or poverty (relative to the USA) because your side of the Atlantic prioritizes social welfare. In America, the only thing that matters is death and profit.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • bhasic@mastodon.socialB bhasic@mastodon.social

          @randahl Translation into MAGA: Denmark hates Freedom.

          endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
          endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
          endlessmason@hachyderm.io
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #24

          @bhasic @randahl
          Likely because of all the socialism they have

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

            I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

            Our last school shooting was in 1994.

            In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

            In Denmark only 10.

            I call that being pro life.

            spectralmoose@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
            spectralmoose@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
            spectralmoose@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #25

            @randahl what about knife stabbings?

            abramkedge@beige.partyA 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

              I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

              Our last school shooting was in 1994.

              In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

              In Denmark only 10.

              I call that being pro life.

              laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
              laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
              laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #26

              @randahl

              And it shows that the US is a poor and underdeveloped country. I'm living in Germany 67 yrs old and never had to use or own a gun. We pay professionals to do it. We call them police, military, Forest ranger and body guard.

              And the are a small number of gun athletes, using them in sports. Professionals like Olympic biathlets are from the above groups too and paid users too.

              Amateurs are rare. People can afford to let professionals do the shooting.

              E 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • bhasic@mastodon.socialB bhasic@mastodon.social

                @randahl Translation into MAGA: Denmark hates Freedom.

                G This user is from outside of this forum
                G This user is from outside of this forum
                glitzersachen@hachyderm.io
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #27

                @bhasic @randahl

                Yes. How do they resist tyranny?

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • worik@mastodon.socialW worik@mastodon.social

                  @frequencyfault @randahl

                  > the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.

                  Odd use of the word "sane"

                  It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.

                  At the cost of your life.

                  I think the word used ought to have been "insane"

                  G This user is from outside of this forum
                  G This user is from outside of this forum
                  glitzersachen@hachyderm.io
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #28

                  @worik @frequencyfault @randahl

                  The only way to win is not to play...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • frequencyfault@mastodon.socialF frequencyfault@mastodon.social

                    @worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

                    The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.

                    Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.

                    G This user is from outside of this forum
                    G This user is from outside of this forum
                    glitzersachen@hachyderm.io
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #29

                    @frequencyfault @worik @randahl

                    > Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.

                    Strange, seeing you advocate a fire-bombing of Washington. Personally I tend to spare the civilian collateral damage, because, it's not really the maniacs' cities.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                      I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                      Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                      In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                      In Denmark only 10.

                      I call that being pro life.

                      bissetwv@mastodon.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                      bissetwv@mastodon.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                      bissetwv@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #30

                      @randahl I am not "impressed" by that "small" number of dead people. Why? In South Africa we have on average of 70 murders EVERY DAY. It is a GOOD idea to have a FEW guns here.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                        I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                        Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                        In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                        In Denmark only 10.

                        I call that being pro life.

                        simplegentleman@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                        simplegentleman@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                        simplegentleman@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #31

                        @randahl You live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world (without the type of wealth disparity we have in the States).

                        Gun violence in the U.S. is a symptom of much greater problems. Our Canadian neighbors have plenty of guns but they don't have the gun violence problem we have.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                          I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                          Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                          In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                          In Denmark only 10.

                          I call that being pro life.

                          dazzr@social.tchncs.deD This user is from outside of this forum
                          dazzr@social.tchncs.deD This user is from outside of this forum
                          dazzr@social.tchncs.de
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #32

                          @randahl What scares me, is that while we also have guns in private hands for hunting and target shooting (Germany; 19.6 private firearms per 100 residents as per Small Arms Survey 2017), we still experience way lower gun-related incidents than the USofA.

                          I have used guns, have been a gun safety instructor, and won't disclose if I own guns. Still, you can handle guns safely. I lived few years in the US (totally unrelated to guns), and encountered some pretty lunatic folks there. That society is way, way different from Europe, and it can be quite scary.

                          abramkedge@beige.partyA 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net

                            @randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.

                            It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.

                            The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.

                            xinit@mastodon.coffeeX This user is from outside of this forum
                            xinit@mastodon.coffeeX This user is from outside of this forum
                            xinit@mastodon.coffee
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #33

                            @originalworlds
                            Decidedly singular demographic.

                            What a curious thing to say.

                            @randahl

                            originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net

                              @randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.

                              It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.

                              The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.

                              whitecattamer@mastodon.onlineW This user is from outside of this forum
                              whitecattamer@mastodon.onlineW This user is from outside of this forum
                              whitecattamer@mastodon.online
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #34

                              @originalworlds @randahl “decidedly singular demographic”

                              BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

                              ahltorp@mastodon.nuA 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.socialL laemmerbiss@digitalcourage.social

                                @randahl

                                And it shows that the US is a poor and underdeveloped country. I'm living in Germany 67 yrs old and never had to use or own a gun. We pay professionals to do it. We call them police, military, Forest ranger and body guard.

                                And the are a small number of gun athletes, using them in sports. Professionals like Olympic biathlets are from the above groups too and paid users too.

                                Amateurs are rare. People can afford to let professionals do the shooting.

                                E This user is from outside of this forum
                                E This user is from outside of this forum
                                englibre@101010.pl
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #35

                                @laemmerbiss @randahl

                                Interesting to hear this from Germany, of all places. Within your parents' lifetime, your country's "professionals" murdered around six million Jews, about three million of them citizens of Poland. In total, more than five million Polish citizens were killed under German occupation: Polish Jews and roughly two million ethnic Poles, most of them Catholics. Add to that about 3.3 million Soviet prisoners of war, millions of Soviet civilians, hundreds of thousands of Roma and Sinti, and 250,000–300,000 people with disabilities.
                                Germany built thousands of camps, including extermination camps with gas chambers and crematoria, and sold the victims' hair to industry for textiles and mattresses. All of this was done by paid, trained, uniformed professionals. So leaving the guns to the state is not, in itself, proof of a civilised country.
                                And that memory is fading. In a Claims Conference survey, 12% of Germans aged 18–29 had never heard of the Holocaust, and about 40% of them didn't know that six million Jews were murdered. In a 2024 Ipsos poll, 59% of Germans believed most Holocaust victims came from Germany, and only 28% named Poland. In the 2025 MEMO study, more Germans wanted to "draw a line" under the Nazi past (38%) than opposed it (37%), and in a Die Zeit poll 28% said the Nazi era "also had its good sides".

                                Only for discusion...

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • xinit@mastodon.coffeeX xinit@mastodon.coffee

                                  @originalworlds
                                  Decidedly singular demographic.

                                  What a curious thing to say.

                                  @randahl

                                  originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
                                  originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO This user is from outside of this forum
                                  originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #36

                                  @xinit @randahl

                                  Take it up with the FBI.

                                  xinit@mastodon.coffeeX 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • originalworlds@social.vivaldi.netO originalworlds@social.vivaldi.net

                                    @xinit @randahl

                                    Take it up with the FBI.

                                    xinit@mastodon.coffeeX This user is from outside of this forum
                                    xinit@mastodon.coffeeX This user is from outside of this forum
                                    xinit@mastodon.coffee
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #37

                                    @originalworlds
                                    They were busy, that's why I responded to you.

                                    @randahl

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • dazzr@social.tchncs.deD dazzr@social.tchncs.de

                                      @randahl What scares me, is that while we also have guns in private hands for hunting and target shooting (Germany; 19.6 private firearms per 100 residents as per Small Arms Survey 2017), we still experience way lower gun-related incidents than the USofA.

                                      I have used guns, have been a gun safety instructor, and won't disclose if I own guns. Still, you can handle guns safely. I lived few years in the US (totally unrelated to guns), and encountered some pretty lunatic folks there. That society is way, way different from Europe, and it can be quite scary.

                                      abramkedge@beige.partyA This user is from outside of this forum
                                      abramkedge@beige.partyA This user is from outside of this forum
                                      abramkedge@beige.party
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #38

                                      @dazzr @randahl

                                      I lived in the US for nearly twenty years. What shook me the most was how brutal multiple killings had very limited news coverage and were usually forgotten the next day - unless a celebrity was involved. If families organised to call for any form of gun control, the killings were "fake" and the protestors were "paid crisis actors".

                                      I have to compare this to hearing about the Dunblane massacre while driving to work. I had to pull over, process what I was hearing, turn off the radio, dry my eyes and drive on when I felt safe to do so.

                                      I did not expect to become blasé to three or four fatal shootings every week in my local area.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                                        I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                                        Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                                        In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                                        In Denmark only 10.

                                        I call that being pro life.

                                        bubblegumyeti@mastodon.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                                        bubblegumyeti@mastodon.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                                        bubblegumyeti@mastodon.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #39

                                        @ri I have never touched or seen a gun in the hands of a non-police person. Europe 🤟

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • randahl@mastodon.socialR randahl@mastodon.social

                                          I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.

                                          Our last school shooting was in 1994.

                                          In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.

                                          In Denmark only 10.

                                          I call that being pro life.

                                          pouakai@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                          pouakai@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                          pouakai@mastodon.social
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #40

                                          @randahl
                                          I guess it won't change even if US prohibited Gun. there will be knife, bomb, or other kind of crime in replacement.

                                          the gun is kind of media, while the real reason is hatred and extreme polarisation their politicians and celebrities created.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper