“We’re sending kids to school to memorize facts that ChatGPT can retrieve in under a second.”
-
@Remittancegirl @Turre @A_denie @stux "Any similarities with actual facts is being lucky" is plain wrong & naive. Similarly, if you claim 2+2=5 then I'm going to tell you that you can't do math on a child's level.
Feel free to mute me if you can't deal with people stating the obvious.
@chaekyung@ieji. Is English a second language for you, Yoon? Because from where I sit (native English speaker and 40+ years as a software engineer who worked on a predictive text application in 1978, yes 1978), it appears you are failing to understand conversational English because LLM text output is absolutely weighted randomness aka “luck.” If so, I’m happy to cut you some slack.
-
It may be plain wrong.
But your appetite and enjoyment of shaming another person is ugly.
I do not wish to see it.
@Remittancegirl @chaekyung@ieji.de @Turre @A_denie @stux I understand why you don’t wish to see it, I don’t either, but please don’t confuse exhaustion & urgency with malice (and possibly poor translation).
I don’t know enough about @chaekyung@mastodon.cloud (or any relationship she may have with @Turre ) to assign motivation. The opening certainly could have been handled better for a broad audience.
-
“We’re sending kids to school to memorize facts that ChatGPT can retrieve in under a second.”
Yeah worst of all, gym classes are making them run a mile that Uber can cover in less than a minute@stux Not even why kids go to school, it's not about recalling facts.
-
“We’re sending kids to school to memorize facts that ChatGPT can retrieve in under a second.”
Yeah worst of all, gym classes are making them run a mile that Uber can cover in less than a minute@stux@mstdn.social wait until people notice that it'd be possible to give every child a local text-only copy of most or all of wikipedia that'd work offline and be a lot more useful than LLM shitware on a phone
-
“We’re sending kids to school to memorize facts that ChatGPT can retrieve in under a second.”
Yeah worst of all, gym classes are making them run a mile that Uber can cover in less than a minute@stux In a world full of useful idiots Körperkultur trumps learning to use your brain.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic