Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site.

An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
enshittificatio
6 Indlæg 4 Posters 3 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • kimsj@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
    kimsj@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
    kimsj@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
    Stop with this nonsense, please!
    #enshittification.

    naturemc@mastodon.onlineN jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ bovaz@misskey.socialB 3 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • kimsj@mastodon.socialK kimsj@mastodon.social

      An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
      Stop with this nonsense, please!
      #enshittification.

      naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
      naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
      naturemc@mastodon.online
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      @KimSJ Never seen that. I can imagine that it would be even illegal in the EU.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • kimsj@mastodon.socialK kimsj@mastodon.social

        An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
        Stop with this nonsense, please!
        #enshittification.

        jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ This user is from outside of this forum
        jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ This user is from outside of this forum
        jeremymallin@autistics.life
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @KimSJ
        You can save the web page as a PDF but that's extra, unnecessary work. Basically, you are very correct.

        kimsj@mastodon.socialK 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ jeremymallin@autistics.life

          @KimSJ
          You can save the web page as a PDF but that's extra, unnecessary work. Basically, you are very correct.

          kimsj@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
          kimsj@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
          kimsj@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @JeremyMallin
          Actually, you can’t save as anything, always. Especially if there are pages of T’s and C’s. On at least one occasion I’ve had to insist they sent me a pdf, and I’m very web-savvy.

          jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • kimsj@mastodon.socialK kimsj@mastodon.social

            @JeremyMallin
            Actually, you can’t save as anything, always. Especially if there are pages of T’s and C’s. On at least one occasion I’ve had to insist they sent me a pdf, and I’m very web-savvy.

            jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ This user is from outside of this forum
            jeremymallin@autistics.lifeJ This user is from outside of this forum
            jeremymallin@autistics.life
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @KimSJ
            👍

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • kimsj@mastodon.socialK kimsj@mastodon.social

              An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
              Stop with this nonsense, please!
              #enshittification.

              bovaz@misskey.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
              bovaz@misskey.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
              bovaz@misskey.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6
              @KimSJ@mastodon.social I wonder how much of it is "people don't know how to create a pdf" and "pdf creation libraries are either unmaintained or require payment".
              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
              Svar
              • Svar som emne
              Login for at svare
              • Ældste til nyeste
              • Nyeste til ældste
              • Most Votes


              • Log ind

              • Login or register to search.
              Powered by NodeBB Contributors
              Graciously hosted by data.coop
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Hjem
              • Seneste
              • Etiketter
              • Populære
              • Verden
              • Bruger
              • Grupper