An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site.
-
An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
Stop with this nonsense, please!
#enshittification. -
An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
Stop with this nonsense, please!
#enshittification.@KimSJ Never seen that. I can imagine that it would be even illegal in the EU.
-
An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
Stop with this nonsense, please!
#enshittification.@KimSJ
You can save the web page as a PDF but that's extra, unnecessary work. Basically, you are very correct. -
@KimSJ
You can save the web page as a PDF but that's extra, unnecessary work. Basically, you are very correct.@JeremyMallin
Actually, you can’t save as anything, always. Especially if there are pages of T’s and C’s. On at least one occasion I’ve had to insist they sent me a pdf, and I’m very web-savvy. -
@JeremyMallin
Actually, you can’t save as anything, always. Especially if there are pages of T’s and C’s. On at least one occasion I’ve had to insist they sent me a pdf, and I’m very web-savvy. -
An enshittification trend I *really* do not like is the new fashion to deliver quotes and invoices not as a pdf but as pages on a web site. Not only is this extra unnecessary Internet traffic, it means that such documents can be altered by the originator on a whim. It also means there is no permanent record, which could be an issue with guarantee claims, for example. I’ve also had to disable my VPN to download the content in some cases!
Stop with this nonsense, please!
#enshittification.@KimSJ@mastodon.social I wonder how much of it is "people don't know how to create a pdf" and "pdf creation libraries are either unmaintained or require payment". -
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
