Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
ciarani@mastodon.greenC

ciarani@mastodon.green

@ciarani@mastodon.green
About
Indlæg
150
Emner
14
Fremhævelser
3
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • First attempt at a crocheted mandala.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @jkcheney Gorgeous handiwork. Gorgeous colours too.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @tanyakaroli Curious. That's it, that's the word. It was a most curious experience. A peculiar sequence of tiny events.

    @wannabemystiker

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @benjaminlj Oh no, maybe it is my story now, because I didn't just leave it where I found it, but took it home and retold it.

    I had to look up 'roll for initiative' and it seems to mean 'let the battle begin', so now I'm even more slightly unnerved, thank you. I'll never beat that hare - it was kangaroo-beefy.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @wannabemystiker The reason I walked through the graveyard was because it was a shortcut during a detour from another route. I took the detour to drop by a place where I was picking up some candles. Perhaps I should sing some incantation when I light them to see what I can ward off. Or conjure up.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @wannabemystiker I can't decide if it was an interesting or unnerving sequence of events. I amn't sure if I've been blessed or cursed.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    I feel like I just walked through someone else’s short story.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    After the birds left me and the hare left me, I left the graveyard. When I turned the corner of the path through the trees that leads to the side gate, I passed a bench. A man was sitting on it. He was staring at the ground, playing the tin whistle.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    Farther on, I suddenly felt as if I was being watched. I turned my head and saw a hare so huge that it made it me wonder if kangaroos and hares are related. It was just suddenly there, close by, on a parallel path. It sat utterly still and stared at me so intently that I wondered if Granny Weatherwax was in there. When I walked on, it walked on. When I stopped, it stopped and stared at me. When I walked on again, it walked on again. Then suddenly, from one gravestone to the next, it vanished.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    Farther on, a glint of something caught my eye. A gold mushroom, glowing, even though there was no sunlight. It looked unreal. Or surreal.

    Farther on, one of the Autumn leaves in the woods waved at me and turned out to be Humpty Dumpty on a stone.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    I took a shortcut through a graveyard this afternoon. Two beautiful birds I’ve never seen in the open before started darting just over my head. Eurasian jays, the acorn-burying birds credited with spreading oak trees after the ice age. Whenever I stopped to look straight up at them, they flitted quicker than swifts into the nearest tree and hid. When I walked on, they darted out and circled me again.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @nusher It's a great idea to leave them to the new people if they want them and if you can. Perhaps for a nominal price.

    I think people sometimes take curtains with them in a flash of optimism, especially if they were chosen to match their decor and furniture. They hope to tailor them to fit. And they may hang them in some make-shift way, not fitting properly, at first, just for privacy in a new place until they can either tailor the old ones or get new ones.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @Badgardener That's amazing. People are amazing. If only people like that put their creative thinking to good use instead of bad!

    "People do bad things when under the thrall of Big Curtain." 🙂

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @arratoon @snowgaze Blinds are even worse than curtains - even less chance they could be tailored to fit any other window, if someone wanted to pay for a refit.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • All the Comedy Wildlife Photography award finalists are so good that it’s hard to pick a single favourite.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @hellothalia 🙂

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @snowgaze People do sometimes offer the curtains to the new owner or tenant for a reasonable price, much cheaper than new. Necessity can prevent this, though. Curtains are such a major expense and tailored ones take ages. And moving is miserably expensive in itself. So I think people often take curtains with them, knowing they won't fit properly in the new place. But they'll hang them in a make-shift way as a 'make-do' for a while, just to have privacy until they can get proper ones.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • All the Comedy Wildlife Photography award finalists are so good that it’s hard to pick a single favourite.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @countess_hope Agreed - it's a great shot!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @ApAlun @TimWardCam I have a similar stash of fittings from different homes and moves - mounting brackets, the odd door handle, curtain rings, etc. And motley screws and bolts. The chance of them fitting something I need in the future is slim, but someone else might need exactly this one particular kind of out-of-date curtain ring I still have. I'd love a community system of 'rummage boxes' for stuff like this. Something like a 'Free Little Library' in neighbourhoods, but for this kind of stuff.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @TimWardCam @ApAlun I was going to say that was lucky, but it wasn't luck, it was foresight!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @TimWardCam @ApAlun Yes, shelving too. The enshittification of non-digital things too - it's as if we're actively *trying* to destroy the planet through over-production and over-consumption, doing our best to make sure things can't be reused.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • We don't talk enough about Big Curtain.
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @ApAlun Oh yes, Big Curtain Rail too. That's a common problem here (Denmark) too.

    Ikke-kategoriseret
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper