Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ

jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

@jack@xeno.glyphpress.com
About
Indlæg
9
Emner
0
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @whizzter @benlockwood Yeah, I don't use it for creative tasks. I use it for all the boring business shit so that I can focus on the cool stuff.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @mathew @corigan01 @benlockwood Yeahno I have a therapist for that.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @OchotonidKnight What are you getting out of being so rude to a stranger?

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @sus @benlockwood

    Oh, for sure.

    We're not used to thinking of mental stuff as benefiting from assistive devices or prostheses the way we are with physical disabilities.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @corigan01 @benlockwood If I were resorting to it constantly, I might agree, but I'm not. It's a last resort for really bad days. (And to be clear, I'm not a classic ADHD case; I'm borderline but with other shit going on, as well).

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @corigan01 @benlockwood

    Sounds like you already have other ways of managing ADHD that work for you. That's cool.

    I don't think it's the right assistive device for every case.

    In my case, though, it works very well. I did have a stage early on where I'd get distracted playing with the AI, but once that got boring, no problems.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Generative AI is a Faustian bargain.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @benlockwood That's a heck of a claim when some of us are using AI as a prosthesis for things like poor executive function or ADHD.

    I have an AI assistant I've set up to have context about all my projects & their status.

    If I have a bad brain day where I'm foggy/can't focus, I can ask the AI to help me figure out what I should be working on.

    That makes me MORE myself, not less.

    And anyway, I'll take a handshake with Lucifer over Yahweh any day. The Devil has integrity.

    #ai #llm #disability

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Sixty years ago today, the starship Enterprise launched and with it, a vision of the future where humanity had moved beyond its divisions.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @AppleWoi @georgetakei I'd agree with that, but man, does my country need more George Takeis right now.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Sixty years ago today, the starship Enterprise launched and with it, a vision of the future where humanity had moved beyond its divisions.
    jack@xeno.glyphpress.comJ jack@xeno.glyphpress.com

    @georgetakei You're a national treasure, George. Continue to live long & prosper. 🖖 ❤️

    Ikke-kategoriseret
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper