@jon Indeed. However, it is the will of the many, not ethics of the few, that ultimately decide what route humanity will take.
jackofalltrades@mas.to
Indlæg
-
Just had to deal with a bunch of wind turbine conspiracy theories at #StateOfEU, this polite political event I’m at in Brussels. -
Just had to deal with a bunch of wind turbine conspiracy theories at #StateOfEU, this polite political event I’m at in Brussels.We seem to agree, why start the toot with "No"?
People can believe in different things in what is best for them - that's exactly what I'm saying. Most people believe that combating climate change is NOT the most important thing to them.
Most believe that climate change is happening and is caused by humans (the facts / truth), but they still have different priorities (what is best for them): the cost of living, health, housing, immigration, etc.
-
Just had to deal with a bunch of wind turbine conspiracy theories at #StateOfEU, this polite political event I’m at in Brussels.Yep, but that's the thing: many people, politicians and citizens alike, disagree with you on that point! That's democracy for you.
-
Just had to deal with a bunch of wind turbine conspiracy theories at #StateOfEU, this polite political event I’m at in Brussels.Why not all of the above?
Turbines *could* save the lives of countless birds, but only in a society that values non-human life the same as human life (or even just convenience).
So, in the mean time, we will kill birds by all available methods: by destroying their habitats with roads, pavements, expanding farm land, pesticides, electric transmission lines, and yes, even by owning cats.