Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR

remittancegirl@mstdn.social

@remittancegirl@mstdn.social
About
Indlæg
43
Emner
6
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • This is so relevant.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @paulk And the moment it displays itself as untrustworthy, it is useless. And not just for one subject, but for all of them. Not because it's always wrong, but because it could be wrong about anything.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is so relevant.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    RE: https://radikal.social/@malte/117354154268154895

    This is so relevant.

    But the lesson is that AI is not 'worse' giving answers in a field he has knowledge in. It's just that in that field, he can be absolutely sure it IS wrong.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • So, I have a warning for anyone who depends on #AI for advice or technical information for anything.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    An exceedingly generous Uruguayan guy gave me step-by-step instructions on how to do it, as he does it all the time for exactly the same reason - to end his reliance on Ferro Frits.

    His instructions were to slowly take the colemanite up to 680C and hold it there until the heat coming out of the top hole in the kiln stops steaming up a glass or mirror.

    I followed his instructions, but was interested to see if the colemanite gave off its water at the temp #AI suggested.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • So, I have a warning for anyone who depends on #AI for advice or technical information for anything.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    There is a lot of molecular water bound up in Colemanite, and that can cause bubbling, pinholing and other issues during #glaze firing. The answer is to calcine the colemanite. Essentially put the material into your kiln, and boil off the molecularly bound water.

    I didn't know how to do this, so I searched for instructions. Google #AI told me that colemanite should be taken up to 415C and this will caline it.

    Luckily, I did not trust it. I asked a human on Glazy. 3/

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • So, I have a warning for anyone who depends on #AI for advice or technical information for anything.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    In my attempt to learn how to make #pottery #glazes, I have been trying to find materials that free me from the obligation of having to use Ferro Frits which are manufactured in the US, because with all the tariff shit and the ecological cost of shipping, well, it's neither feasible in the long term nor is it environmentally ethical.

    Colemanite, mined in Turkey, is an excellent source of boron for use in glaze making but it has a little problem 2/

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • So, I have a warning for anyone who depends on #AI for advice or technical information for anything.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    So, I have a warning for anyone who depends on #AI for advice or technical information for anything.

    This story is going to take a bit, but I want to relate it completely because it shows a pattern of supplying fundamentally false information on a topic where, in technical circles, the information is solidly documented and the technique is entirely reproducible.
    1/

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @pg1958 Thank you so much.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @webhat Yay!

    It's so rare on Mastodon - that kind of ugliness. I think it is because we are collectively so reactive to it that we have the rather saner and kinder environment we have.

    Thanks for your help

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @DukeDuke You're very kind. Thank you.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @AnnieBuddy Who knows? I think there are some people who just get off on imagining some other group getting slaughtered. And they'll jump on any bandwagon that promotes it. @arrrg

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @Su_G Thank you so much. Every little helps!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @akareilly I do find that some Germans, overcompensating for some historic wrongs, tend to feel they need to defend the state of Israel no matter what horrific shit they're doing.

    Well no. In fact, that's what got Germany into trouble in the first place. Mindless loyalty to anything is the beginning of fascism.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @Tattooed_Mummy It's pretty rare on Mastodon. And I think the act of calling it out immediately is probably what keeps this place a little saner than other platforms. So I did!

    I'm fine. Water off a duck's back to me. It's the Palestinians I worry about.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @CynAq Also, not a coherent view of the world.

    It's actually an extremely Nazi view of the world. Very zero sum game.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @Eetschrijver Many thanks!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @Eetschrijver Merci!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @BinChicken Heheh. I don't know, but it's why I screen shot it and made it public.

    We need a lot more public humiliation of these sick, hateful motherfuckers.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @BinChicken I don't think I was his target. Poor @AnnieBuddy was.

    But that is besides the point. What a horrible thing to direct message in secret to anyone, right?

    Who needs that kind of hatefulness in their private messages?

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @MFennVT Thank you so much.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This is what this cowardly, vile, hateful person sent me by Private Mention.
    remittancegirl@mstdn.socialR remittancegirl@mstdn.social

    @webhat Many thanks

    Ikke-kategoriseret
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper