Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
ricci@discuss.systemsR

ricci@discuss.systems

@ricci@discuss.systems
About
Indlæg
7
Emner
0
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • It's pretty simple.
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @evan @cwebber whatever the "real" story here, they are bad people and should not get what they want

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Hello world!
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @rosapreiss you can try adding a # introduction hashtag, as well as others to your post (or make a new one) to help people find you too!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • When will there be AI superintelligence?
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @evan

    I'm not convinced that they will keep growing at that rate - I think we are fairly well along the road of diminishing returns for dollars-to-model-quality.

    Yes, models are getting better. I agree.

    But I don't think that it's currently true that if you spend 10x as much, you train a model that is 10x better. I'm not going to pretend that I know what the constants of this function are, but I think they are sub-linear. I think that a scenario of ever-increasing amounts of money spent for ever-decreasing marginal improvement is going to make further linear increase in models unlikely.

    I'm also not convinced that number of neurons are a great proxy for intelligence - both in terms of comparison to synapses, and in terms of linear scaling. At some point, it used to be easy to convert more transistors on a chip into a commensurate amount of computing but now ... it's not so linear. I don't know if there is such a point of diminishing return for neural nets, and if there is, what it would be but - my hunch is that it likely exists. There are not a lot of things that scale linearly forever.

    Thanks for this thought-provoking thread!

    Ikke-kategoriseret evanpoll poll superintelligen

  • This stuff is really starting to make me _angry_.
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @alys @glyph just imagine finding this funny, like really sit with the idea that someone thinks that this is what a kid would produce in this hypothetical situation, that any of this is anything other than extremely painful, that there are people who think that this is not only an impressive technical achievement (which it admittedly is) but that this is adding humor to the world

    https://bsky.app/profile/emollick.bsky.social/post/3mqctp2zy7s2i

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This stuff is really starting to make me _angry_.
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @alys @glyph that guy's account is chock full of stuff like this

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This stuff is really starting to make me _angry_.
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @glyph if you want to be super fucking pissed go to the twisty maze of passages and ponder what would possess someone to be impressed by it

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • This stuff is really starting to make me _angry_.
    ricci@discuss.systemsR ricci@discuss.systems

    @glyph I recently had this experience in a very low-stakes way

    https://discuss.systems/@ricci/117236428486496946

    Ikke-kategoriseret
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper