I just got a shock.
-
I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!!
It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.@NatureMC oh my, that's bad. Empty right side, but everything crammed on the left, and notifications tucked, somewhere... It was way better before
-
@NatureMC oh my, that's bad. Empty right side, but everything crammed on the left, and notifications tucked, somewhere... It was way better before
@LaimesKudikis Yes. And Likes/Boosts with their numbers got more prominent, as if they try to copy the big platforms now.
-
@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
Strange, my mastodon.social view in a browser still looks like your left screenshot. Any preferences changed?
@knud @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff My bet would be on Mastodon using .social as the control group for the initial tests while .online gets the new interface first
-
I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!!
It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.@NatureMC oh my, this is... crappety-crap (to quote one of my favourite fictional characters).
-
I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!!
It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before./2
Clicking Quotes opens now to extern servers, that I have to put the URLs into search to interact with the original?
I can't edit alt texts?? (Or I'm just too bad to find all this stuff) -
I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!!
It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff Taking a look, for me the number one issue is the text being so much smaller by default. Like, I'm not that old, but we shouldn't have to squint or zoom in, surely?
-
@knud @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff My bet would be on Mastodon using .social as the control group for the initial tests while .online gets the new interface first
-
@NatureMC oh my, this is... crappety-crap (to quote one of my favourite fictional characters).
@andijah I hope that they still learn from our feedback.
-
-
@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff Taking a look, for me the number one issue is the text being so much smaller by default. Like, I'm not that old, but we shouldn't have to squint or zoom in, surely?
@HaTetsu Exactly.
I just had updated my Firefox and thought that the browser had bugs. But then I saw that all other websites work well. -
I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!!
It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.Same here. This is not an UI change but a change in functionality. No search box, not using the space on my screen (desktop) or wasting the space on my screen with whitespace (phonebrowser, I only see two posts maximum at a time).
This can't have been tested with a variety of users right? I still wonder whether something simply went wrong.
-
-
I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!!
It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
Same here. Besides being totally non-intuitiv I can't find today's trends which I've activated in the preferences. And to write a new toot I need to click on the "New post" button on the left which opens the edit window on the right of the screen. Who thought this was a great idea? The new UI just looks like a colossal waste of space. -
Same here. This is not an UI change but a change in functionality. No search box, not using the space on my screen (desktop) or wasting the space on my screen with whitespace (phonebrowser, I only see two posts maximum at a time).
This can't have been tested with a variety of users right? I still wonder whether something simply went wrong.
Someone commented it looks like X. That makes me think what this looks like is an attempt to change a social media platform into a broadcasting platform where "big voices" are seen but comments, discussion and minor voices are drawn out.
Simply scrolling down my feed that is the impression you get now.
-
Same here. This is not an UI change but a change in functionality. No search box, not using the space on my screen (desktop) or wasting the space on my screen with whitespace (phonebrowser, I only see two posts maximum at a time).
This can't have been tested with a variety of users right? I still wonder whether something simply went wrong.
@Pepijn Search is now hidden behind Explore (not at all intuitive). I can't edit the alt texts anymore (bug?), I need an extra click "new post" which sends a very small pop up to the right bottom instead of the height of my eyes like before ... everything's smaller, so many flaws ...
I DO HOPE that they'll get a better version. -
@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
Same here. Besides being totally non-intuitiv I can't find today's trends which I've activated in the preferences. And to write a new toot I need to click on the "New post" button on the left which opens the edit window on the right of the screen. Who thought this was a great idea? The new UI just looks like a colossal waste of space.@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
Sorry, @NatureMC,for ranting against the UI here in your thread. I'm just in shock and anger.
Besides I had to cut my previous post because the UI kept telling me that using 480 of 500 text characters is just too long
. -
@NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
Same here. Besides being totally non-intuitiv I can't find today's trends which I've activated in the preferences. And to write a new toot I need to click on the "New post" button on the left which opens the edit window on the right of the screen. Who thought this was a great idea? The new UI just looks like a colossal waste of space.@hhttg This! And yes, the trends are gone ...
-
Someone commented it looks like X. That makes me think what this looks like is an attempt to change a social media platform into a broadcasting platform where "big voices" are seen but comments, discussion and minor voices are drawn out.
Simply scrolling down my feed that is the impression you get now.
@Pepijn I’m starting to lose all interest in using Mastodon. I’m going to spend a bit of time on Bluesky.
-
@LaimesKudikis Yes. And Likes/Boosts with their numbers got more prominent, as if they try to copy the big platforms now.
@NatureMC That's exactly what I thought after getting over the first wave of "what-the-hell-has-happened-here".
-
@Pepijn I’m starting to lose all interest in using Mastodon. I’m going to spend a bit of time on Bluesky.
@NatureMC Hah
From this update it seems @MastodonEngineering also prefers the not-social model of social-media Bluesky is designed for.