Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just got a shock.

I just got a shock.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
mastodon
46 Indlæg 12 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

    I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!! 😭
    It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.

    Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
    A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.

    @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

    andijah@brotkru.meA This user is from outside of this forum
    andijah@brotkru.meA This user is from outside of this forum
    andijah@brotkru.me
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #6

    @NatureMC oh my, this is... crappety-crap (to quote one of my favourite fictional characters).

    naturemc@mastodon.onlineN 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

      I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!! 😭
      It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.

      Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
      A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.

      @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

      naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
      naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
      naturemc@mastodon.online
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #7

      /2
      Clicking Quotes opens now to extern servers, that I have to put the URLs into search to interact with the original?
      I can't edit alt texts?? (Or I'm just too bad to find all this stuff)

      @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

      C 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

        I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!! 😭
        It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.

        Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
        A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.

        @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

        hatetsu@mastodon.com.plH This user is from outside of this forum
        hatetsu@mastodon.com.plH This user is from outside of this forum
        hatetsu@mastodon.com.pl
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #8

        @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff Taking a look, for me the number one issue is the text being so much smaller by default. Like, I'm not that old, but we shouldn't have to squint or zoom in, surely?

        naturemc@mastodon.onlineN 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • hatetsu@mastodon.com.plH hatetsu@mastodon.com.pl

          @knud @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff My bet would be on Mastodon using .social as the control group for the initial tests while .online gets the new interface first

          naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
          naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
          naturemc@mastodon.online
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #9

          @HaTetsu @knud Indeed, Mastodon.Online is something like the experiment server for the Mastodon Developers. We get the testing versions and new versions first.
          Other's will get it at the moment their admins upload the new version.

          knud@mastodon.socialK 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • andijah@brotkru.meA andijah@brotkru.me

            @NatureMC oh my, this is... crappety-crap (to quote one of my favourite fictional characters).

            naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
            naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
            naturemc@mastodon.online
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #10

            @andijah I hope that they still learn from our feedback.

            hhttg@mastodon.onlineH 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

              @HaTetsu @knud Indeed, Mastodon.Online is something like the experiment server for the Mastodon Developers. We get the testing versions and new versions first.
              Other's will get it at the moment their admins upload the new version.

              knud@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
              knud@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
              knud@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #11

              @NatureMC @HaTetsu

              Oh, no! I do like the current layout.

              naturemc@mastodon.onlineN 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • hatetsu@mastodon.com.plH hatetsu@mastodon.com.pl

                @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff Taking a look, for me the number one issue is the text being so much smaller by default. Like, I'm not that old, but we shouldn't have to squint or zoom in, surely?

                naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                naturemc@mastodon.online
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #12

                @HaTetsu Exactly.
                I just had updated my Firefox and thought that the browser had bugs. But then I saw that all other websites work well.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

                  I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!! 😭
                  It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.

                  Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
                  A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.

                  @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                  pepijn@mastodon.onlineP This user is from outside of this forum
                  pepijn@mastodon.onlineP This user is from outside of this forum
                  pepijn@mastodon.online
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #13

                  Same here. This is not an UI change but a change in functionality. No search box, not using the space on my screen (desktop) or wasting the space on my screen with whitespace (phonebrowser, I only see two posts maximum at a time).

                  This can't have been tested with a variety of users right? I still wonder whether something simply went wrong.

                  @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                  pepijn@mastodon.onlineP naturemc@mastodon.onlineN 2 Replies Last reply
                  0
                  • knud@mastodon.socialK knud@mastodon.social

                    @NatureMC @HaTetsu

                    Oh, no! I do like the current layout.

                    naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                    naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                    naturemc@mastodon.online
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #14

                    @knud My or your current? 😉

                    @HaTetsu

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

                      I just got a shock. I want the old design back!!! 😭
                      It was a matter of seconds, and the Design of #Mastodon changed.

                      Usually, I have nothing against design changes. But if it hits me so unprepared that I think my browser has a bug ...
                      A real bug is that I have to make an extra click for writing a post now and get a much too small pop up field down at the right (not at eye's height)! I have to search for notifications ... it's less intuitive than before.

                      @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                      hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                      hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                      hhttg@mastodon.online
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #15

                      @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
                      Same here. Besides being totally non-intuitiv I can't find today's trends which I've activated in the preferences. And to write a new toot I need to click on the "New post" button on the left which opens the edit window on the right of the screen. Who thought this was a great idea? The new UI just looks like a colossal waste of space.

                      hhttg@mastodon.onlineH naturemc@mastodon.onlineN hatetsu@mastodon.com.plH 3 Replies Last reply
                      0
                      • pepijn@mastodon.onlineP pepijn@mastodon.online

                        Same here. This is not an UI change but a change in functionality. No search box, not using the space on my screen (desktop) or wasting the space on my screen with whitespace (phonebrowser, I only see two posts maximum at a time).

                        This can't have been tested with a variety of users right? I still wonder whether something simply went wrong.

                        @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                        pepijn@mastodon.onlineP This user is from outside of this forum
                        pepijn@mastodon.onlineP This user is from outside of this forum
                        pepijn@mastodon.online
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #16

                        Someone commented it looks like X. That makes me think what this looks like is an attempt to change a social media platform into a broadcasting platform where "big voices" are seen but comments, discussion and minor voices are drawn out.

                        Simply scrolling down my feed that is the impression you get now.

                        @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                        naturemc@mastodon.onlineN 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • pepijn@mastodon.onlineP pepijn@mastodon.online

                          Same here. This is not an UI change but a change in functionality. No search box, not using the space on my screen (desktop) or wasting the space on my screen with whitespace (phonebrowser, I only see two posts maximum at a time).

                          This can't have been tested with a variety of users right? I still wonder whether something simply went wrong.

                          @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                          naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                          naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                          naturemc@mastodon.online
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #17

                          @Pepijn Search is now hidden behind Explore (not at all intuitive). I can't edit the alt texts anymore (bug?), I need an extra click "new post" which sends a very small pop up to the right bottom instead of the height of my eyes like before ... everything's smaller, so many flaws ...
                          I DO HOPE that they'll get a better version.

                          @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • hhttg@mastodon.onlineH hhttg@mastodon.online

                            @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
                            Same here. Besides being totally non-intuitiv I can't find today's trends which I've activated in the preferences. And to write a new toot I need to click on the "New post" button on the left which opens the edit window on the right of the screen. Who thought this was a great idea? The new UI just looks like a colossal waste of space.

                            hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                            hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                            hhttg@mastodon.online
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #18

                            @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
                            Sorry, @NatureMC,for ranting against the UI here in your thread. I'm just in shock and anger.
                            Besides I had to cut my previous post because the UI kept telling me that using 480 of 500 text characters is just too long 😒.

                            naturemc@mastodon.onlineN mastodonengineering@mastodon.socialM 2 Replies Last reply
                            0
                            • hhttg@mastodon.onlineH hhttg@mastodon.online

                              @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
                              Same here. Besides being totally non-intuitiv I can't find today's trends which I've activated in the preferences. And to write a new toot I need to click on the "New post" button on the left which opens the edit window on the right of the screen. Who thought this was a great idea? The new UI just looks like a colossal waste of space.

                              naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                              naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                              naturemc@mastodon.online
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #19

                              @hhttg This! And yes, the trends are gone ...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • pepijn@mastodon.onlineP pepijn@mastodon.online

                                Someone commented it looks like X. That makes me think what this looks like is an attempt to change a social media platform into a broadcasting platform where "big voices" are seen but comments, discussion and minor voices are drawn out.

                                Simply scrolling down my feed that is the impression you get now.

                                @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                                naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                                naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                                naturemc@mastodon.online
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #20

                                @Pepijn I’m starting to lose all interest in using Mastodon. I’m going to spend a bit of time on Bluesky. 😉

                                @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                                pepijn@mastodon.onlineP 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

                                  @LaimesKudikis Yes. And Likes/Boosts with their numbers got more prominent, as if they try to copy the big platforms now.

                                  @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                                  hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                                  hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                                  hhttg@mastodon.online
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #21

                                  @NatureMC That's exactly what I thought after getting over the first wave of "what-the-hell-has-happened-here".

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

                                    @Pepijn I’m starting to lose all interest in using Mastodon. I’m going to spend a bit of time on Bluesky. 😉

                                    @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                                    pepijn@mastodon.onlineP This user is from outside of this forum
                                    pepijn@mastodon.onlineP This user is from outside of this forum
                                    pepijn@mastodon.online
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #22

                                    @NatureMC Hah 🙂 From this update it seems @MastodonEngineering also prefers the not-social model of social-media Bluesky is designed for.

                                    @Mastodon @staff

                                    naturemc@mastodon.onlineN mjack@mastodon.bsd.cafeM 2 Replies Last reply
                                    0
                                    • naturemc@mastodon.onlineN naturemc@mastodon.online

                                      @andijah I hope that they still learn from our feedback.

                                      hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                                      hhttg@mastodon.onlineH This user is from outside of this forum
                                      hhttg@mastodon.online
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #23

                                      @NatureMC @andijah
                                      I hope they are not treading the same path as Mozilla does UI-wise.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • hhttg@mastodon.onlineH hhttg@mastodon.online

                                        @NatureMC @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff
                                        Sorry, @NatureMC,for ranting against the UI here in your thread. I'm just in shock and anger.
                                        Besides I had to cut my previous post because the UI kept telling me that using 480 of 500 text characters is just too long 😒.

                                        naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                                        naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                                        naturemc@mastodon.online
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #24

                                        @hhttg I rant too, no problem!
                                        Meanwhile I'm so angry: yes, i had the same problem with the character limit, I tried 3 times to post something under 500 characters in vain.
                                        To publish such a slop version ... wait, perhaps it was vibe coding? 🥶

                                        @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                                        hhttg@mastodon.onlineH renchap@oisaur.comR 2 Replies Last reply
                                        0
                                        • pepijn@mastodon.onlineP pepijn@mastodon.online

                                          @NatureMC Hah 🙂 From this update it seems @MastodonEngineering also prefers the not-social model of social-media Bluesky is designed for.

                                          @Mastodon @staff

                                          naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                                          naturemc@mastodon.onlineN This user is from outside of this forum
                                          naturemc@mastodon.online
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #25

                                          @Pepijn I was serious about switching to Bluesky for the rest of the day (I have an account there). It looks better and works well. 😁

                                          @MastodonEngineering @Mastodon @staff

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper