Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. remember when TNG established that warp travel is causing space climate change and then the writers proceeded to never mention it again except to say that they're ignoring it?

remember when TNG established that warp travel is causing space climate change and then the writers proceeded to never mention it again except to say that they're ignoring it?

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
26 Indlæg 9 Posters 5 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.social

    @coriander

    yeah, they establish that warp travel has cumulative deleterious effects on space and can cause space disasters and at the end of the episode they're all like "wow nothing will ever be the same, we're instituting a warp speed limit of warp 5"

    and then only mention it a couple times after that episode and even then only to explain "well this is an emergency so obviously we're ignoring the speed limit"

    jasonfromcanada@chattrbx.comJ This user is from outside of this forum
    jasonfromcanada@chattrbx.comJ This user is from outside of this forum
    jasonfromcanada@chattrbx.com
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #21

    @SeanAloysiusOBrien @coriander
    I thought the Burn was the big disaster that resulted from ignoring it and then it turned out to be caused by some space baby.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.social

      @coriander

      yeah, they establish that warp travel has cumulative deleterious effects on space and can cause space disasters and at the end of the episode they're all like "wow nothing will ever be the same, we're instituting a warp speed limit of warp 5"

      and then only mention it a couple times after that episode and even then only to explain "well this is an emergency so obviously we're ignoring the speed limit"

      unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU This user is from outside of this forum
      unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU This user is from outside of this forum
      unlikelylass@mspsocial.net
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #22

      @SeanAloysiusOBrien @coriander One of the TNG movies has a region of space deeply damage by warp travel, doesn't it?

      seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU unlikelylass@mspsocial.net

        @SeanAloysiusOBrien @coriander One of the TNG movies has a region of space deeply damage by warp travel, doesn't it?

        seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
        seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
        seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #23

        @Unlikelylass @coriander

        I don't recall the TNG movies that clearly but I feel like I would remember if they said that explicitly, idk

        unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.social

          @Unlikelylass @coriander

          I don't recall the TNG movies that clearly but I feel like I would remember if they said that explicitly, idk

          unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU This user is from outside of this forum
          unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU This user is from outside of this forum
          unlikelylass@mspsocial.net
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #24

          @SeanAloysiusOBrien @coriander I'm in a similar boat -- I think I'm conflating the plots of ST: Insurrection and the episode with the Warp 5 speed limit:

          https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Force_of_Nature_(episode)

          seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • taweret@timeloop.cafeT taweret@timeloop.cafe

            @SeanAloysiusOBrien stories about everyone trying to come up with a warp alternative and maybe using unscruplous methods or maybe someone does come up with something and its even more dangerous

            diazona@techhub.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
            diazona@techhub.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
            diazona@techhub.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #25

            @Taweret @SeanAloysiusOBrien Personally I would have loved to see the story of people coming up with a solution that actually works well

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • unlikelylass@mspsocial.netU unlikelylass@mspsocial.net

              @SeanAloysiusOBrien @coriander I'm in a similar boat -- I think I'm conflating the plots of ST: Insurrection and the episode with the Warp 5 speed limit:

              https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Force_of_Nature_(episode)

              seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
              seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
              seanaloysiusobrien@tenforward.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #26

              @Unlikelylass @coriander

              yeah the warp 5 speed limit episode is the one I'm discussing in the OP

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
              Svar
              • Svar som emne
              Login for at svare
              • Ældste til nyeste
              • Nyeste til ældste
              • Most Votes


              • Log ind

              • Login or register to search.
              Powered by NodeBB Contributors
              Graciously hosted by data.coop
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Hjem
              • Seneste
              • Etiketter
              • Populære
              • Verden
              • Bruger
              • Grupper