Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
firefoxmastodonandsomanyothers
50 Indlæg 45 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

    I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

    #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

    G This user is from outside of this forum
    G This user is from outside of this forum
    guenther@chaos.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #7

    @phlip also add a multi-colored shadow so people know it has AI

    citrusui@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

      I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

      #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

      artemist@social.mildlyfunctional.gayA This user is from outside of this forum
      artemist@social.mildlyfunctional.gayA This user is from outside of this forum
      artemist@social.mildlyfunctional.gay
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #8

      @phlip currently posting this with css border-radius: 50% !important on every element.

      liquor_american@universeodon.comL 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

        "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

        Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

        keab42@kind.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
        keab42@kind.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
        keab42@kind.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #9

        @phlip I think this is secretly why Apple tried their Liquid Glass thing.

        They couldn't round the corners any further so they tried to hide it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

          I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

          #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

          miles@snug.moeM This user is from outside of this forum
          miles@snug.moeM This user is from outside of this forum
          miles@snug.moe
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #10

          @phlip I think we should switch to negative border radius

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

            I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

            #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

            wearwolf@kind.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
            wearwolf@kind.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
            wearwolf@kind.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #11

            @phlip they ran out of colour to remove from icons

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • artemist@social.mildlyfunctional.gayA artemist@social.mildlyfunctional.gay

              @phlip currently posting this with css border-radius: 50% !important on every element.

              liquor_american@universeodon.comL This user is from outside of this forum
              liquor_american@universeodon.comL This user is from outside of this forum
              liquor_american@universeodon.com
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #12

              @artemist @phlip 🫪

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                curtmack@floss.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                curtmack@floss.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                curtmack@floss.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #13

                @phlip A brief history guide of modern UI design in:

                - Late 1980s thru 1990s: Raised and embossed 3D
                - 2000s thru early 2010s: Choose your own adventure - shiny plastic or translucent glass
                - Mid 2010s: Flat colors with square corners
                - Late 2010s: Flat colors with rounded corners
                - 2020s: The rounding of the corners will continue until morale improves

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                  "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                  Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                  snyperwolf@kind.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                  snyperwolf@kind.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                  snyperwolf@kind.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #14

                  @phlip This is way too legible to be the UI of the future

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                    I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                    #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                    doraii@furry.engineerD This user is from outside of this forum
                    doraii@furry.engineerD This user is from outside of this forum
                    doraii@furry.engineer
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #15

                    @phlip Oh my god, I hate this, everything is so corporate feeling when it does this. Right angles ftw!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                      "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                      Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                      arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
                      arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
                      arrjay@tacobelllabs.net
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #16

                      @phlip hotdog-button UI

                      funkula@goblin.campF 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA arrjay@tacobelllabs.net

                        @phlip hotdog-button UI

                        funkula@goblin.campF This user is from outside of this forum
                        funkula@goblin.campF This user is from outside of this forum
                        funkula@goblin.camp
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #17

                        @arrjay @phlip I was thinking joint

                        arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • funkula@goblin.campF funkula@goblin.camp

                          @arrjay @phlip I was thinking joint

                          arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
                          arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
                          arrjay@tacobelllabs.net
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #18

                          @funkula @phlip I'm willing to have a joint development group on this.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                            "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                            Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                            muddle@infosec.exchangeM This user is from outside of this forum
                            muddle@infosec.exchangeM This user is from outside of this forum
                            muddle@infosec.exchange
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #19

                            @phlip That's a sausage I don't want to know how it got made. But... it's "AI", isn't it?

                            follpvosten@karp.lolF 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • G guenther@chaos.social

                              @phlip also add a multi-colored shadow so people know it has AI

                              citrusui@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                              citrusui@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                              citrusui@mastodon.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #20

                              @guenther @phlip this is so true but i hate this assertion because i made a unique digital art thing with multi colored shadows 1 year ago and an acquaintance said it looked like a startup's logo ☹️

                              acmeworks@social.tchncs.deA 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                alyx@fedi.shorks.gayA This user is from outside of this forum
                                alyx@fedi.shorks.gayA This user is from outside of this forum
                                alyx@fedi.shorks.gay
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #21

                                @phlip the pixel 12 will have circular screens so they can fit more border radius

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                  I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                  #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                  jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                  jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                  jay0@alico.nexus
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #22

                                  @phlip@kind.social and more importantly, increase the padding as well ​​

                                  frawst@fedi.fraw.stF 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • jay0@alico.nexusJ jay0@alico.nexus

                                    @phlip@kind.social and more importantly, increase the padding as well ​​

                                    frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
                                    frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
                                    frawst@fedi.fraw.st
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #23

                                    @jay0@alico.nexus @phlip@kind.social dont forget redesigning only for mobile so the desktop site has huge amounts of whitespace on the sides

                                    jay0@alico.nexusJ 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • frawst@fedi.fraw.stF frawst@fedi.fraw.st

                                      @jay0@alico.nexus @phlip@kind.social dont forget redesigning only for mobile so the desktop site has huge amounts of whitespace on the sides

                                      jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      jay0@alico.nexus
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #24

                                      @frawst@fedi.fraw.st @phlip@kind.social and do all drawing pixel per pixel on a js canvas, we need full control of the styling after all, can't trust standards like CSS!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                        I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                        #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                        li@tech.lgbtL This user is from outside of this forum
                                        li@tech.lgbtL This user is from outside of this forum
                                        li@tech.lgbt
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #25

                                        @phlip AI also loves this btw

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                          I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                          #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                          kawazoe@transfem.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                                          kawazoe@transfem.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                                          kawazoe@transfem.social
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #26

                                          @phlip@kind.social remember when big fonts and rounded corners used to mean "for children"? I guess they're just cathering to the workers of the AI era.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper