Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
firefoxmastodonandsomanyothers
50 Indlæg 45 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

    I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

    #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

    doraii@furry.engineerD This user is from outside of this forum
    doraii@furry.engineerD This user is from outside of this forum
    doraii@furry.engineer
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #15

    @phlip Oh my god, I hate this, everything is so corporate feeling when it does this. Right angles ftw!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

      "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

      Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

      arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
      arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
      arrjay@tacobelllabs.net
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #16

      @phlip hotdog-button UI

      funkula@goblin.campF 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA arrjay@tacobelllabs.net

        @phlip hotdog-button UI

        funkula@goblin.campF This user is from outside of this forum
        funkula@goblin.campF This user is from outside of this forum
        funkula@goblin.camp
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #17

        @arrjay @phlip I was thinking joint

        arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • funkula@goblin.campF funkula@goblin.camp

          @arrjay @phlip I was thinking joint

          arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
          arrjay@tacobelllabs.netA This user is from outside of this forum
          arrjay@tacobelllabs.net
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #18

          @funkula @phlip I'm willing to have a joint development group on this.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

            "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

            Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

            muddle@infosec.exchangeM This user is from outside of this forum
            muddle@infosec.exchangeM This user is from outside of this forum
            muddle@infosec.exchange
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #19

            @phlip That's a sausage I don't want to know how it got made. But... it's "AI", isn't it?

            follpvosten@karp.lolF 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • G guenther@chaos.social

              @phlip also add a multi-colored shadow so people know it has AI

              citrusui@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
              citrusui@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
              citrusui@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #20

              @guenther @phlip this is so true but i hate this assertion because i made a unique digital art thing with multi colored shadows 1 year ago and an acquaintance said it looked like a startup's logo ☹️

              acmeworks@social.tchncs.deA 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                alyx@fedi.shorks.gayA This user is from outside of this forum
                alyx@fedi.shorks.gayA This user is from outside of this forum
                alyx@fedi.shorks.gay
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #21

                @phlip the pixel 12 will have circular screens so they can fit more border radius

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                  I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                  #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                  jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jay0@alico.nexus
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #22

                  @phlip@kind.social and more importantly, increase the padding as well ​​

                  frawst@fedi.fraw.stF 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • jay0@alico.nexusJ jay0@alico.nexus

                    @phlip@kind.social and more importantly, increase the padding as well ​​

                    frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
                    frawst@fedi.fraw.stF This user is from outside of this forum
                    frawst@fedi.fraw.st
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #23

                    @jay0@alico.nexus @phlip@kind.social dont forget redesigning only for mobile so the desktop site has huge amounts of whitespace on the sides

                    jay0@alico.nexusJ 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • frawst@fedi.fraw.stF frawst@fedi.fraw.st

                      @jay0@alico.nexus @phlip@kind.social dont forget redesigning only for mobile so the desktop site has huge amounts of whitespace on the sides

                      jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jay0@alico.nexusJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jay0@alico.nexus
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #24

                      @frawst@fedi.fraw.st @phlip@kind.social and do all drawing pixel per pixel on a js canvas, we need full control of the styling after all, can't trust standards like CSS!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                        I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                        #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                        li@tech.lgbtL This user is from outside of this forum
                        li@tech.lgbtL This user is from outside of this forum
                        li@tech.lgbt
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #25

                        @phlip AI also loves this btw

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                          I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                          #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                          kawazoe@transfem.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                          kawazoe@transfem.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                          kawazoe@transfem.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #26

                          @phlip@kind.social remember when big fonts and rounded corners used to mean "for children"? I guess they're just cathering to the workers of the AI era.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                            I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                            #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                            tay@tech.lgbtT This user is from outside of this forum
                            tay@tech.lgbtT This user is from outside of this forum
                            tay@tech.lgbt
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #27

                            @phlip yeah. i ended up not hating the firefox redesign as much as i thought i would (mostly because it didn't really change much except add a, actually kinda colour gradient to the UI that actually looks kinda nice after picking a nice purple theme)

                            but i did have to edit my userChrome.css to make the rounded corners sensible again.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                              I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                              #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                              xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
                              xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
                              xeno@snug.moe
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #28

                              @phlip lol I remember there was a meme that was like “someone leaked the source code for windows 11” and it’s just border-radius

                              in retrospect that was kinda unfair to Microsoft, they added a bunch of telemetry and spying stuff too

                              netzblockierer@tech.lgbtN 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                "But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"

                                Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:

                                xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
                                xeno@snug.moeX This user is from outside of this forum
                                xeno@snug.moe
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #29

                                @phlip mmm candy

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • citrusui@mastodon.socialC citrusui@mastodon.social

                                  @guenther @phlip this is so true but i hate this assertion because i made a unique digital art thing with multi colored shadows 1 year ago and an acquaintance said it looked like a startup's logo ☹️

                                  acmeworks@social.tchncs.deA This user is from outside of this forum
                                  acmeworks@social.tchncs.deA This user is from outside of this forum
                                  acmeworks@social.tchncs.de
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #30

                                  @citrusui @guenther @phlip animated colored shadows...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • xeno@snug.moeX xeno@snug.moe

                                    @phlip lol I remember there was a meme that was like “someone leaked the source code for windows 11” and it’s just border-radius

                                    in retrospect that was kinda unfair to Microsoft, they added a bunch of telemetry and spying stuff too

                                    netzblockierer@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
                                    netzblockierer@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
                                    netzblockierer@tech.lgbt
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #31

                                    @xeno @phlip and more #Govware #Backdoors…

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                      I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                      #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                      maestrafenix@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                      maestrafenix@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                      maestrafenix@chaos.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #32

                                      @phlip gradients everywhere
                                      Gotta hit the vibes that we are making stuff with AI slop ✨️

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                        I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                        #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                        mage@eldritch.cafeM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        mage@eldritch.cafeM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        mage@eldritch.cafe
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #33

                                        @phlip are border-radius trends following the baggy/tight pants trends ?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • phlip@kind.socialP phlip@kind.social

                                          I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.

                                          #Firefox #Mastodon #AndSoManyOthers

                                          sudo200@layer8.spaceS This user is from outside of this forum
                                          sudo200@layer8.spaceS This user is from outside of this forum
                                          sudo200@layer8.space
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #34

                                          @phlip

                                          I'm glad they're all doing that.
                                          I hurt myself on those sharp edges so many times. /jk

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper