I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
-
-
"But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"
Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:
@phlip That's a sausage I don't want to know how it got made. But... it's "AI", isn't it?
-
@phlip also add a multi-colored shadow so people know it has AI
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip the pixel 12 will have circular screens so they can fit more border radius
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip@kind.social and more importantly, increase the padding as well
-
@phlip@kind.social and more importantly, increase the padding as well
@jay0@alico.nexus @phlip@kind.social dont forget redesigning only for mobile so the desktop site has huge amounts of whitespace on the sides
-
@jay0@alico.nexus @phlip@kind.social dont forget redesigning only for mobile so the desktop site has huge amounts of whitespace on the sides
@frawst@fedi.fraw.st @phlip@kind.social and do all drawing pixel per pixel on a js canvas, we need full control of the styling after all, can't trust standards like CSS!
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip AI also loves this btw
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip@kind.social remember when big fonts and rounded corners used to mean "for children"? I guess they're just cathering to the workers of the AI era.
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip yeah. i ended up not hating the firefox redesign as much as i thought i would (mostly because it didn't really change much except add a, actually kinda colour gradient to the UI that actually looks kinda nice after picking a nice purple theme)
but i did have to edit my userChrome.css to make the rounded corners sensible again.
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip lol I remember there was a meme that was like “someone leaked the source code for windows 11” and it’s just border-radius
in retrospect that was kinda unfair to Microsoft, they added a bunch of telemetry and spying stuff too -
"But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"
Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:
@phlip mmm candy
-
-
@phlip lol I remember there was a meme that was like “someone leaked the source code for windows 11” and it’s just border-radius
in retrospect that was kinda unfair to Microsoft, they added a bunch of telemetry and spying stuff too@xeno @phlip and more #Govware #Backdoors…
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip gradients everywhere
Gotta hit the vibes that we are making stuff with AI slop
️ -
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
@phlip are border-radius trends following the baggy/tight pants trends ?
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
I'm glad they're all doing that.
I hurt myself on those sharp edges so many times. /jk -
"But phlip", I hear you ask, "surely if you increase the border radius so far that the rectangles are now capsules, you've increased them as far as they'll go! How can we further modernise in the future if we're already at maximum innovation?"
Ah, ye of little faith. Observe, the future UI uplift of 2029:
@phlip next step: replace text with hieroglyphs
-
@phlip if you have Stylus installed in firefox(-like) you can just * {border-radius: 0;} and it looks fine lol
-
I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this publicly, but I managed to get my hands on the detailed design docs that everyone is using for their big UI redesigns of late.
at least, Firefox lets you disable it

️